e-days Absence Management Reviews

Updated 3 Feb 2020

4.9
e-days Absence Management CEO Steve Arnold (no image)
Steve Arnold
  1. "Great people, great product, real sense of team spirit"

Current Employee - Researcher in Nottingham, England

I have been working at e-days Absence Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture, lots of friendly people willing to pitch in and help out with work outside of their job role

Cons

Lack of line managers due to size of company means support can be difficult to come by

e-days Absence Management2020-02-03
  2. "Great company to work for with a fantastic company culture and growth opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I have been working at e-days Absence Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined e-days at the start of 2018. After graduating from the University of Manchester and coming back to my hometown of Nottingham I was actively looking around for an opportunity at a company with a fantastic solution with real market demand and somewhere which could facilitate brilliant personal growth and development. Nearly 2 years on and I have seen the company headcount nearly double and have received 2 promotions since I started. I'm now in a role which I thoroughly enjoy with a great team around me. There's a real "can do" attitude within e-days and we have some great company incentives such as jetting off to Munich earlier this year for a weekend away! All in all, e-days is a fantastic place to work and would highly recommend to anyone who is actively looking to join a fast-paced SaaS company with a great company culture.

Cons

Nothing really to say here apart from that the sickness policies internally for staff is something that is slightly outdated. From what I understand this is something which Management are addressing.

e-days Absence Management2019-10-28
  3. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I have been working at e-days Absence Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of investment in staff - fantastic company to work for - job specific and industry training - Really fun team with lots of social events

Cons

Honestly none - I love coming to work here (yes, even on a Monday!)

e-days Absence Management2019-10-25
  4. "Amazing people, amazing work."

Current Employee - Client Success in Nottingham, England

I have been working at e-days Absence Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

The social and cultural side of E-days is impeccable. I would highly recommend anyone investing time and energy into the business due to it's social and cultural vibe. Not only that, the business really pushes their employee's to perform effectively and efficiently due to rewards and recognition. This is the best method to ensure staff are always at peak performance, E-days has smashed it. E.g Monthly spotlights, regular one-to-ones, Development plans, £1000 worth of training courses (which is legit), Incentive schemes to AMAZING destinations and bonuses based on performance, using a fair method. The business makes you want to boast about the amazing treatment, this is not just your average Joe business, E-days is a business worth investing in. The Cons on the business shouldn't be looked into with detail, it's a fantastic business with amazing perks. Come work with me!

Cons

From my personal experience at the business, my only Con would be the slight micromanagement. Micromanagement can ensure effectiveness but sometimes slows the efficient attribute E-days has. This Con shouldn't be seen as a Con to the business, simply a Con to a handful of processes.

e-days Absence Management2019-10-25
  5. "More than just work."

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Nottingham, England

I worked at e-days Absence Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

I spent two and a half thoroughly enjoyable years with e-days, learning an incredible amount along the way from close colleagues and leadership. It's an exciting time to work for a scale up SaaS business experiencing real growth. Aside from work, e-days have done a fantastic job of hiring a group of people that genuinely care about each other. It makes coming to work more enjoyable and adds an extra dimension of socialising outside of work and the opportunity to develop a group of friends who you want to spend time with well after leaving the organisation. Highly recommend exploring opportunities at e-days, a great chance to develop your career and friend group!

Cons

Always tricky getting used to working for an organisation during its growth phase, often need to remember that investment/growth doesn't automatically mean big budgets and salary increases.

e-days Absence Management2019-10-24
  6. "Fresh and fun company with a passion for the product"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at e-days Absence Management part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company focused on their team and the product, they are driven to ensure the product they have is the best on the market. It's slick, easy to use and a great benefit to the industry it serves. They work hard to ensure the team are happy in their roles and offer great training opportunities to develop. The vibe is vibrant, innovative and passionate and makes for a fab place to work.

Cons

I don't have any at present but working in the city centre means I shop more lol.

e-days Absence Management2019-09-09
  7. "Modern Tech Business that Genuinely Cares About its People"

Current Employee - Head of People & Culture in Nottingham, England

I have been working at e-days Absence Management part-time for more than a year

Pros

E-days is proactive and genuinely keen to provide a great working environment for everyone - it's the main reason I wanted to work for them. I couldn't work for a business that wasn't genuinely delivering on that promise. The team are collaborative, friendly and really sociable. You walk into the office and you immediately feel at home. There are lots of socials throughout the year and everyone knows each other really well - so important in a small business. The office environment is great - modern and open plan (with lots of lovely plants!), super close to the train and tram stops. The tech stack used across the business makes everyday working life really easy. There is a £1000 training budget for everyone member of staff and development (through formal training or just through everyday interactions) is really encouraged. There is a small management team who support the growth of the business and who are really keen on developing their team members, as well as creating career pathways for them as the business grows. The annual incentive scheme (to take the whole team away together for the weekend) is an amazing perk - after a brilliant sales year, the team went to Munich all together in 2019 and it was a huuuge amount of fun. E-days strives to be transparent in the way it communicates with the team - from how the numbers are looking, to plans for the future - which I really like and makes me feel really part of the business. The flexible approach to working hours allows me to be able to work around dropping off an picking up my son from nursery, and can work from home when I need to.

Cons

E-days is a small business and is in the process of building some internal processes to make it super slick. But that's about it!

e-days Absence Management2019-09-09
  8. "Fast developing business with a focus on employees and product efficacy"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Nottingham, England

I worked at e-days Absence Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I developed exponentially at e-days, partly through great management and also through giving me the space to follow my own ideas. A great company culture and people devoted to doing a great job during office hours. I enjoyed my role immensely and still have great friends from my time there. No politics just good honest hard work and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Minor issues around rigid working times have been fixed so I wouldn't want to say anything bad as the challenges I faced have been resolved.

e-days Absence Management2018-12-17
  9. "Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Nottingham, England

I worked at e-days Absence Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at e-days during it's transition from a tech start up nested within a web design company towards becoming a stand-alone SaaS company. My time at e-days improved my skills in sales and account management, through management guidance but always with a healthly level of interest in my ideas, independence in my role and a culture of listening to those who are on the "front line" with customers. My manager was always keen to ensure I was aware of the promotional opportunities available to me and to help me formulate the path to achieve it.

Cons

For me personally, the office-based 9-5.30 working structure was too rigid. That said I did have freedom within this to manage my own client meetings.

e-days Absence Management2018-12-13
  10. "Great team. Great product."

4.0

I worked at e-days Absence Management full-time

Pros

The team undoubtedly tops this list. Some extremely talented, enthusiastic and committed people, and overall a very sociable and positive atmosphere to work in. There are regular social events organised by the company and in addition to these, the team will often socialise beyond work, which says a lot in itself. The company continues to grow and the product is up there with the best on the market, with potential to push on even further. Strides have been made to focus on employee development as well, with a greater focus on external training where possible and a view to ensuring that everyone receives regular appraisals and has clear objectives as part of their personal development plan.

Cons

Not too much to add here. The overall sickness policy would be the one thing that springs to mind. Whilst it may not be the worst when bench-marked against similar companies, it could be far better without costing the business, by simply introducing some added flexibility.

e-days Absence Management2017-10-17

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews