Found 25 of over 25 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
2 days ago
Looking to buy a non-Apple tablet for my adult son on Cyber Monday. It will be for casual use, mostly for streaming movies, but would also like to use Microsoft 365. Any suggestions? If he wants to use it for gaming, how would that change your recommendation?
8 hours ago
Been at a tech scale-up for 1.5 years, loved it at first, but layoffs and leadership changes drastically shifted the environment. My team got axed, I'm left feeling demotivated and isolated. The culture changed to a tech bro vibe, not what I signed up for. I'm burnt out, stressed, and considering quitting now or waiting till year-end. Im feeling like a failure nowadays when I used to be treated like an SME. How do I approach this and how to tell my boss / hr I wanna quit?
Got a burning question about nPlan? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with nPlan employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great culture and people" (in 3 reviews)
- 5.025 Jun 2023AnonymousCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I’ve worked for a few companies and can hand on heart say this place is where people get treated the best. Everyone’s voice is heard, there is so much trust (perhaps too much?) in people, nobody pushes you to work crazy hours, which is very unlike other startups. The founders are inspiring and kind people
I wish we were more ruthless with performance (though this has started recently and it has raised the bar in the team)
- 5.023 Jan 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Stung into posting this by the previous review which does NOT reflect reality... - Company still has a family feel, people are super friendly - Work is satisfyingly challenging - Smart people everywhere, leaders are particularly strong with complementary strengths - Lots of thought put into rewarding employees, caring for employees and developing employees (professional development paid for by company is a constant) - Meaningful mission and vision - Near total autonomy to achieve goals - Culture of experimentation - Near total flexibility - work where you want, when you want, how you want So much more I could say, honestly this is a company with heart
- It's a post-series A startup, the pressure to grow is on, the emotional rollercoaster is real - Some growing pains - OKR cycles can feel a bit chaotic1
- 4.023 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Good culture & people, great benefits, flexibility and focus on L&D
"Meeting expectations" is seen as a negative, a lot of pressure and stress, inflated opinion of the company, hypocrisy regarding loyalty
- 5.021 Nov 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
There is a special sauce at nPlan. They take their values very seriously, and have a million different tools and systems in place to help us apply them well. Radical Candor is actively encouraged by my peers, and rewarded by the company - it’s expected that you’ll say things which are frustrating to you. We have a weekly “Donut” session pairing us with a coworker for a casual chat, and every single time these conversations have made me laugh, and have involved moments of genuine empathy. nPlan has made an environment where it’s safe to fail, and where people have your back. I think these are critical things for helping everyone work at their best. Also, the hybrid working model is TOTALLY hybrid. And face time is not a thing - people are supportive of you working whatever hours suit you for your productivity and mental health.
No major ones. I'm really happy here.
- 5.03 Feb 2023Junior Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
nPlan is really the best company I have ever worked for. Whatever you are complaining about with your current employer, here you have it covered. It sounds too good to be true, but I resigned from the startup for personal reasons just to come back a few months later. Here everyone really cares about one another. The team is diverse and very knowledgeable, the company values are taken very seriously and each person gets support in anything life throws at them: family, studies, work, health etc.
I cannot think of anything2
- 5.023 Jan 2023People Ops AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- exciting company solving a complex problem - lots of autonomy, the chance to own and drive your work - open and honest culture of trust - truly flexible working environment, both in terms of hours and location - great selection of benefits, there's something for everyone
- flip side of the autonomy piece, sometimes you're navigating unknown areas with little guidance - fast paced start up - need to be comfortable with that
- 5.028 Nov 2022Staff Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
nPlan is at a real sweet-spot of size and maturity - small enough to know everyone, big enough to not quite know everything it does, new enough to have lots of engineering challenge ahead, old enough to have sensible building blocks already in place. It really lives by its values - encouraging a learning approach, colleagues who genuinely care for each other, a total absence of office politics, and a shared desire to aim high and run fast. It's also very flexible in terms of remote working etc., with a central office but also access to others across London.
None really found yet - though I've only been here a couple of months :-)
- 5.018 May 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
* benefits * great culture and people * flexible working * product that actually makes a difference * colleagues are highly skillful at what they do, great opportunities to learn from them
Because of the scale-up nature, requires a lot of independence and finding your own work vibe1
- 4.012 Aug 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Really great culture, good emphasis on learning and development. Flexible working with many opportunities to make an impact and have your opinion heard, and a nice range of benefits too.
High pressure the majority of the time which isn't always recognised. Sometimes there can be a sense of a lack of clear direction which causes priorities to change at short notice. This, along with the side effect of occasionally making some recent work obsolete, can be frustrating at times. Sometimes easy to be overlooked outside of your team as people in multiple teams get the most exposure4
nPlan Reviews FAQs
nPlan has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 25 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at nPlan to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
89% of nPlan employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated nPlan 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.