nPlan Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2021

Found 12 of over 12 reviews

4.9
nPlan Co-Founder and CEO Dev Amratia  (no image)
Dev Amratia
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to learn with lots of autonomy

Aug 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is tackling a challenging and unsolved problem in the industry of managing risk so the work is really exciting. Moreover, each employee is empowered to own their work and contribute to big decisions. Ideas are valued over seniority.

Cons

The structure of the company means that everyone needs to be quite autonomous, so you need to be comfortable with managing your own work and time in this environment.

2. 4.0

Great company

Aug 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great culture, good emphasis on learning and development. Flexible working with many opportunities to make an impact and have your opinion heard, and a nice range of benefits too.

Cons

High pressure the majority of the time which isn't always recognised. Sometimes there can be a sense of a lack of clear direction which causes priorities to change at short notice. This, along with the side effect of occasionally making some recent work obsolete, can be frustrating at times. Sometimes easy to be overlooked outside of your team as people in multiple teams get the most exposure

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting business!!!

Jun 22, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

- really friendly and trusting culture - amazing benefits and really put a big emphasis on personal wellbeing - exciting project and vision by the founders

Cons

none that I can think of

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture-driven, challenging and active workplace

Jan 16, 2020 - Machine Learning Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at nPlan has been a great experience for me. We are several small teams working on big problems, which keeps things challenging and interesting all the time. I think that the biggest benefit of working at nPlan is that everyone's ideas get heard and evaluated on their merit. If you can think of a solution to a problem, you are encouraged to implement it. On top of that, you have good work/life balance, great people, great benefits and the possibility to work on a problem that will change the world for the better.

Cons

The cons of working at nPlan come, mainly, from being an early stage startup. For instance, many processes are not yet properly defined, a lot of time is spent making decisions, attending meetings that are not necessarily relevant to you or not ever having enough people to get everything done on time. However, all these cons are balanced out by the culture of the company, which encourages everyone, at every level, to continuously improve themselves and the company.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

nPlan push the boundaries of what's possible, and live the values they talk about

Jan 16, 2020 - General Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

nPlan is made up of great people, working collaboratively to solve a big, challenging problem in the construction industry at a time of great upheaval. Working here provides a once in a generation opportunity to make an impact at an industry level. What I really like about the day to day of working at nPlan is that we have a well defined set of values that we truly live by. Our values don't just sit in a document or on the wall, but we continually measure ourselves against them. We celebrate when we live up to them and we learn from the moments when we don't.

Cons

I came from a large corporate and found the lack of direction challenging at first. When you join a small team you truly get to make an impact on the direction of travel for the organisation. This required an adjustment on my part - instead of waiting for an instruction, I had to learn to make a decision and run with it. Everyone is empowered and supported to do this at nPlan.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Part of a strong team and can make real impact to the world

Apr 14, 2019 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Really exciting how deep and meaningful the work is - Team calibre is very high without being arrogant about it

Cons

- It can be tough to keep up with the pace

7. 5.0

Continual personal & company growth

Jan 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome team & culture - Constant growth in technology and clients - Using the latest technology possible - Super autonomous work - Solving a society-wide problem, that will truly positively impact people - Flexible working hours - Pool table, free beer & food

Cons

- Occasional growth pain, as with any start-up - Occasional late night to meet a deadline

8. 5.0

My Dream Job

Dec 20, 2018 - Machine Learning Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting mission, great culture and wonderful people, challenging problems

Cons

sometimes we get very tight deadlines

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really exciting mission that will change the construction industry forever

Dec 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team spirit, really smart (40% of the team is at PhD level), friendly, exciting mission, nice office with free beer!

Cons

The pace at which things move can be difficult to keep up with

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great culture

Oct 19, 2018 - Chief Technology Officer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The feeling of ownership at nPlan and the direct impact that anyone can have whilst working here is tangible and empowering.

Cons

Sometimes there can be deadlines that mean we have to work hard at our goals, but that is part for the course of being an early stage startup

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews