nPlan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at nPlan

nPlan

Application

I interviewed at nPlan

Interview

A Machine learning engineer worker at nPlan asks questions of HR so you can imagine the situtation. Also, he asks about some technical question who even don't know the response. he also didn't explain me the project. the worst interview ever i have passed hahaha

Interview Questions
  • how would you solve the problems of our comapny?
    Answer Question

nPlan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nPlan in May 2021

Interview

At first you get a behavioral interview, then a task, then a technical interview, then some more behavioral interviews. In the behavioral one they seem interested in your fit in the company's core values. I got rejected from the start, but I didn't get the feedback as in why, since there was no technical task yet, so I had to assume that I was not a good cultural fit. In any case, they left me with a bitter taste.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about the times I had to present data results in front of an audience and the challenges that I had to overcome. Then, how would I behaved when someone had been radically truthful to me.

nPlan

Application

I interviewed at nPlan

Interview

There was an introductory chat first, followed by a take home assignment if approved for the next round, followed by further technical interviews if the take home assignment proved acceptable.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was a very lengthy process, 6 rounds in total: - Application where they ask at least 4 questions to write about in addition to the cover letter and CV - Half an hour discussion with a member of the team - Take home test: they give you practically no guidance.They want to see how you approach problems and what direction you find interesting. - One hour long discussion about the take home test, why you did this, or that. With two team members, asking questions from different perspectives - Another one hour long interview to measure how aligned you are with the company’s values - And finally, a 4 hours long round, called on-site test. I went through all the stages, and finally, after all the hours I put in research, take home test, interviews, I got rejected. It took them 6.5 hours interviews plus reviewing take home test to realise that I am not fit for the role. Although they repeatedly said that I had great ideas, they felt I would need support which they could not provide and that it would be too much pressure for me. How could they know what is too much pressure, by the way… Based on the test, they could see I can do stuff. They came to this conclusion after that 4 hours where they left me with cc 45 mins plus a 30 mins lunch break to work on two different task and a presentation. They expected more… Their expectation was absolutely out of order from the amount of task. Oh, and they even said they did not expect one to finish everything. There were members of the team who were present on various stages. I write here what I wrote to them as well. They wasted so much of my time for a conclusion that they should have reached at a much earlier stage. This is incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and hard to reconcile with their much praised values. I am very upset as I was very excited about this company, everything looked so promising and they did not even manage to put their feedback into writing, although this is part of their core values. Clearly it is just the usual word document, copied from books fashionable with startups nowadays.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in working for us? Which of the company's values do you feel most affinity with? Why? What did you find interesting in the dataset (take home test)?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nPlan (Lisbon) in Apr 2021

Interview

They were very quick in each stage, which is very positive. I applied on their website and got an invitation for a small intro call, which was with one of their members and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • How I handled bad feedback in the past, which value I identified with the most

nPlan

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at nPlan in Apr 2021

Interview

It was first explained to me how the interview process would be in order to get the job: - The actual interview (1 hour). - Take home test (4-6 hours) - Discussion about the take home tes (1 hour) - Interview with Team Leads to check if you are aligned you are with the company’s values (1 hour) - On-site (remotely) 4 hours long round. - Final call to tell you if you are selected. The process is exaggeratedly long and tedious. They ask for a lot of your time, emphasising their ideals as a company and that they want you to be like them, but they don't offer any feedback in return. The person who interviewed me was not a Front End. It was obvious when asking questions about the project in general, technologies and methodology as he did not answer any of the questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why have you decided to work with us? What do you think about our values? Have you ever been under pressure and things didn't work out the way they should? What do you think about React Hooks? How much experience do you have with data visualisation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

The process is lengthy, it has 4 parts. I only reached part 3, where precisely one hour and five minutes before my interview, around 9 am in the morning, they suddenly told me they decided to not hire anyone for this role. When I asked for feedback for the take home assignment they gave (because they didn't provide one in the rejection email), I was given a sort of non-specific and short feedback that only addressed my submission at a superficial level, and the main idea was "it's not you, it's us". I am usually okay with not receiving feedback, but considering how last minute everything was after a lengthy assignment, I feel like they could have handled things better. It actually seems like a cool company, so it's a shame that they seem to be having either internal chaos or difficulty communicating to candidates as I cannot think of any other reason why a decision to "close this role" would come so abruptly; 9 am, 1 hour before a candidate interview to be precise. The interview parts are: 1) Phone interview: general conversation 2) Take home assignment: building a graph representation model to train on a small dataset. 3) Technical Video Interview: here we were supposedly going to talk about the assignment I submitted, and other technical topics. 4) On-site full day

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

First interview was a CV walk through and general skills chat with the APAC director. Second interview was with the CEO and MAE, some competency questions, other questions weren’t overly clear. CEO visibly switch off around 60% through. I received an email the next day saying I was unsuccessful, just that, I emailed to ask for feedback but I’ve yet to receive a response. I find it rather disappointing that a company who’s core values include being radically truthful and to learn from everything wouldn’t give a candidate feedback, it’s neither truthful nor allowing them to learn. Overall, the company and product seem really cool, the core values on a paper are great, but they definitely need to be more polished and respectful of candidates time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

At the beginning of the whole application process they provide a comprehensive candidate guide, which reflects very accurately the ensuing steps and timeframe, as well as recommended sources of information to learn more about what they do. In general, the process looks like: - Intro call - Take-home assignment - Video call - On-site I managed to get to the on-site, which was remote due to the pandemic. It's a full day experience that includes a 1h talk with the co-founders to check core value alignment. The whole process felt quite comfortable, as they seem easy-going people that genuinely care about who they might get on board. The remote format was a shame, as I think it is detrimental to the spirit of this step and it makes the code pairing task harder to handle, or at least that was my case, but there is no one to blame for this.

Interview Questions
  • Which of our core values resonates with you the most, and why?
  • What attracted you to this field in general and to our company in particular?
  • What do you think are typically the main responsibilities of the position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

- Introductory call on motivations, background, past experiences and example projects worked on - Take home task on analysing a couple of small datasets. Open ended request for exploring the data, drawing interesting conclusions and writing an accompanying report.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews