nPlan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at nPlan

3.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England).

Interview

Initial interviews followed by meeting the rest of the team. Repeatedly asked to document my findings during these interviews. Rather like the other comments here, I'd agree there appears to be a selfish culture who want to obtain information without paying consultancy fees.

Interview Questions

No doubt they have talented people, but they don't appear to know what the next direction of the company is, or how to commoditise it. Could be interesting times for them without knowing the right connections in the Insurance industry.

nPlan Response

10 Aug 2020 – Operations and People Lead

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback - we'll take this on board as the purpose of the interview process is to test core skills, values and ambitions rather than obtain industry-specific information. For you to have reached these conclusions shows that we've got some work to do in how we communicate this to candidates - and I'm really sorry we made you feel that way.

If you'd like to talk further about what you think we could do to improve, please reach out to me at hello@nplan.io and let's have a chat.

Best wishes,
    Sarah

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I was reached out to by the internal recruiter on linked in. I then had a first phone call interview pretty quickly, then was sent a hacker rank test which was pretty challenging. I then had a video interview with two of the engineers and was invited back to an on-site.

Overall, was a very thorough process but everyone was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank questions, then a more general python problem solving exercise for the video interview   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Interview

First there was a screening interview, then they asked me to do a take-home exercise and after that I had another interview to talk about the exercise with the CEO and the CTO. Then, the last stage would be to spend a full day in the office with them.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Home (Democratic Republic of Congo)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at nPlan (Home (Democratic Republic of Congo)) in October 2019.

Interview

Invited to provide availability for video interview. Rather slow at responding so kept missing times I suggested. Eventually had interview but whilst being given lots of information, did not feel I had any real opportunity to speak. The interview slot was 30 minutes and the interviewer ensured it didn't go over. Subsequently I have been told it is company policy not to provide feedback.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

First, I submitted a CV and cover letter via the website. Once I'd got past the CV screening stage there were several interview stages:

1. Video call with Talent Partner - a general interview for about 30 mins talking about the company, my work history, prior experience, direction for the future
    2. Technical task - fairly open task involving importing and visualising a dataset (3-4hrs)
    3. Technical video interview - speaking with some of the tech team and discussing a relevant topic/writing some code around it (1 hr). Fairly relaxed, and I received the task 15mins before the call so I could look over it and get some background
    4. Onsite - 10am until 4pm at nPlan office, mainly consisting of doing a relevant coding task, and interacting with the wider team while doing this. Also a short non-technical interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan in October 2019.

Interview

Initially had a chat with the HR person, which was easy and friendly. The typical interview questions. Then I had a take home exercise, involving doing analysis on the kaggle dataset. It was not clear what they want from the exercise, just like the other interviewees on Glassdoor said.
    They ask you to do the basic stuff, but I don't think they want you to do basic stuff. I would recommend you to show off as many skills as possible.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nPlan in October 2019.

Interview

I applied through linkedin & received an email informing me that I have been selected for the take-home assignment. I find the interview process to be strange. They explicitly asked for data visualization that's not too complicated without defining their desired level of complication. Hence, I did the assignment using my definition of 'not too complicated' & ended up getting rejected. Asked for feedback & didn't receive any.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

- Initial screening interview
    - Take-home assessment
    - Meeting to discuss take-home assessment
    - Full day on-site

Although the interview was fairly difficult, the overall experience was very positive as the team was nice and helpful throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have gone above and beyond to expand your knowledge and the benefit that then had.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Interview

First there was a meeting with HR and then there was a case study. After the case study there was a interview regarding the case study. The last step is onsite trial day.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nPlan (London, England).

Interview

- 30 min phone screen
    - 2-3 hour take home assessment
    - 1 hour phone interview with engineers (code pair)
    - full day onsite with everyone in the company (including the founders)

Overall a very rigorous process. I was disappointed to not pass after the onsite but did receive feedback on reasons, which was all fair and well observed.

Interview Questions

• - Kaggle test
      - Onsite used fictional data + pipelines
      - Very open-ended testing as they were looking for creativity   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.