1E Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Call with a recruiter then call with potential line manager then a task presentation. If this went further another two interviews with the CEO and the team.

The interview reflected many of the negative reviews. Was told that there is a level of micromanaging from the owner. Came out that the CEO wrote a lot of the draft copy for the website. Very concerned if a CEO feels the need to do that instead of other tasks. Withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with the strong opinions of the CEO?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took about two to three weeks. My phone screen was rescheduled twice due to a change in schedule on the hiring team's end. I finally was brought in for an in person interview (with the HR Coordinator and Head of HR), which seemed to go well. I was asked to prepare a presentation and bring it in for my final interview. Upon arriving, I was told that none of the people who were supposed to meet with me were in the office for a variety of reasons, so I interviewed with the Head of HR again, instead, and would have a phone call with the VP of HR since he could not make it. I followed up with a thank you and request for details on my upcoming phone call. I waited a WEEK with no response before sending another follow-up. Eventually was rejected from consideration. I was treated with dignity within the interviews but their planning is erratic and disorganized. My advice is to pursue but remain skeptical.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 1E (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with management with increasing responsibility within 1E. Most of the interviews were about them selling me on the virtues of their technology and the timing within the market.

Interview Questions

• What is your 20, 60, 90 day plan?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Interview

Easy process. Only took 2 weeks. No crazy questions. Being a good personality fit for the company is important. They want to hire smart people who can learn. They are willing to train you and help you develop and grow within the company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Awful Interview Process. Went on 5 interviews, negotiated Salary and The Company never got back to me with an answer. I was promised several times the job, and even in writing but the actual paperwork never came through. The Manager never called or emailed me after several attempts of following up. Be careful with this company because it isn't right they treat people this way.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (Cleveland, OH (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with VP then meeting with him, VP of services and President of America's

Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were via word of mouth from respected people in the industry. This was followed up by phone calls about skills and culture and job description. As I was already well known in the space my next step was two technical calls. One for details about Systems Management the second about project methodology as well as solutions architecture. Following these and candid conversations a local employee and his wife met my wife and i for dinner to answer any questions in a low pressure environment. The final step was to travel to the NYC office for a face to face interview. They were far more concerned that I fit well with the mentality and excited. They provided motivation and listened candidly to ensure that not only could I help them accomplish being the best but that they could make me better.

Interview Questions

• The scenario was around technical questions that no one has an answer to. It was such an interesting discussion on how to solve a common issue without a clear direction. Instead of me working by myself to provide or fumble or quantify the issue.. we had an actual discussion on how implement and measure a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. By using resources freely available i was able to set a number before the negotiations started. However, their opening offer was off the scale. Nice to know that when they want you they mean it. Always keep in mind even if you can't get the right base number, bonus, and extras are always negotiable.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was for a position consulting on Microsoft middleware that 1e writes extensions for and also helps install optimize the system. Three people on the interview and one of the interviewers set the tone very confrontational and grilled me over deep-dive questions I didn't have answers for but are easily answered via TechNet or Google. Nothing about soft customer skills, ability to troubleshoot issues, or workflow. Just which log file has x info in it? How many line items in a stock install? and such. I love 1E and their products, but this was an horrible interview experience.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1E (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I have to say that after a number of ghosters after ending the interview process, 1E has to be one of the worst companies in terms of showing any respect or empathy.

You're expected to put together 45 minutes of presentations after a number of separate calls with different individuals. The VP of Success, who I had a good rapport with during the interview process (faking it is obviously a skill) flat out ignored a polite request for interview feedback. So I was essentially told that they had gone in a different direction, but not why.

Awful place to interview, and I would advise you stay far away.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to put together two presentations, 30 minutes for a product demonstration to a panel of 6. And then 15 minutes on a 30/60/90 day plan for if I were to join the company.   1 Answer

1E Response

16 Nov 2020 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we always give feedback, and as we've discussed, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the feedback you recieved. We have had such a tremendous number of high quality applications for this role that it is always a difficult choice. We would love to be able to offer roles to all the exceptional candidates but that isn't possible. We wish you all the best of luck on your search.

Group Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ealing, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1E (Ealing, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Phone interviews Ok.

The In-company interview was awful. First of all, there was no one at the reception. Secondly, they asked me to do an excel test about FX without proper instructions and what is even worse, without a valid software Licence.

The test was followed by a 30 mins interview with finance and hr.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What can you tell me about this skill on your cv?
      Etc, nothing too complex.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.