ALDI Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ALDI Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ALDI

3.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

First began with an outside hiring group who tells you about the company and position. They then tell you to visit the store to see if this is something you would like to do.

Once you decide it's the job for you they bring you in for an interview in which there are multiple people vying for 2 slots.

Immediately after the interview they have you take a math test and a personality quiz. They tell you they will contact you if you have the position.

Interview Questions

• It's Christmas time and an employees drawer keeps coming up short repetitively what do you do?   8 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Few interviews with DM's. All they ask is about stealing like you are an idiot. You will basically be asked questions about past experience and how fast can you work. Pretty straight forward interview. Just say you like working fast and you will get the job, that's all they care about.

Interview Questions

• Have to ever stolen anything?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I interviewed at ALDI (Newark, NJ (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Came to the store to meet the recruiter, waited for my turn to be call, finally got called and it was more like a conversation because we weren't even sitting down, he just told that he is just collecting application, he will get back to me after he reviewed it.

Interview Questions

• What's your flexibility like? Can you work 6am and do you have reliable transportation.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Rochester, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a day long interview process. They start with a tour of the building then a presentation highlighting the training program and position benefits. The interview follows after lunch. It consists of meeting with 4-5 different people bouncing from room to room who each ask you different questions relating to the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage individuals who may be older than you or have been in the workforce longer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Sunderland, North East England, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Online application. A lot of in depth questions to answer and very lengthy application. Email back around a week later with an invite to complete a video interview. You have to sign in online, make sure the camera etc is set correctly then start the interview. A question will pop up on the screen, you have 15 seconds to read it, the it will count you in and give you 30 seconds to 1 minute to answer, recording you in the process. When the timer runs out, it saves and sends your answer and moves on to the next. Approx 10 question to answer and record. Very nervy and uncomfortable situation. No room for error. I had technical issues where the browser kept closing, but it just sends the question as being unanswered.

Interview Questions

• Cant really remember much as it was fast and furious. Introduce your self and why you want to work for ALDI. 30 seconds to answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Flint, Wales) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and wasteful!!
    I applied in mid jan,got an email to invite me to a phone interview on 2nd feb.
    This was quick no personality just answer questions!
    A further email inviting me to a group assessment in 4th March and to prepare a 3 min presentation on a Aldi store visit.
    Attended with around 15 other people,we did a 5 minute maths exam,then the operations manager arrived and asked who we all worked for and what are interests are.
    The group discussion in being stranded after a plane crash and prioritise 15 items!
    Then we reviews the answer before she told us everything that Aldi do and the process(which I already researched for the presentation) then asked if any other questions before we leave!!
    No presentation required and felt like a waste of time and too casual!

Interview Questions

• Who do you currently work for and what are your interests!   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online end January invited to telephone interview mid Feb then received an email stating impressed so far however no vacancies. Why advertise???? Very disappointing as looking forward to s change in career.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in February 2012.

Interview

Was invited after 6 months of applying to a group assessment, which included some information about the company and some basic tests.

The next stage was a one to one interview. This involved standard questions and suitability for the role.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you have had to lead a group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a steep learning curve in the first 6 months, many things have to be done on any given day and it really comes down to how you manage your time and getting the best out of your team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrow in Furness, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Barrow in Furness, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Starts off OK with online tests.
    Next Stage is a video interview, with no opportunity to retake ! I blew it as having read questions recorded looking at yourself on your screen, I found it nerve racking and floundered. Hence, I didn't get any further, pity as I am very calm in interview situations normally. I think it was the lack of someone to talk to or focus on.

Interview Questions

• Really can't remember as talking about yourself and your skills out loud to yourself is unnatural!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Long process lots of tests and questionnaires. Went through the multiple tests, phone interview and had to do a video interview. I was offer another position but was only part time so I declined. Overall process was a good experience. It was very in depth and asked a lot of lifestyle questions and management style questions.

Interview Questions

Offer another position but only part time

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.