American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2017

2.1

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied for a sales lead position, received a call and met with the manager. Casual interview with the manager who played up benefits of the company, but I should have realized she was the problem with turnover. Was instead offered a manager-in-training position.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They constantly told me to apply every time I walked into the store. I applied twice, once for seasonal and the second was for a part-time position. I checked on my application and they constantly gave me the runaround. I never got called in for an interview either. Hopefully your experience is different.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, I was called in for a brief interview. I just basically talked to the manager for a little then she asked some seemingly routine questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birch Run, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Birch Run, MI (US)).

Interview

We interviewed offsite. I actually was hired along with someone else. I feel like all you have to do to get hired is seem slightly professional and preppy. We showed up to the information center, answered a few simple questions and went on our way.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy, laid back, we went to a cafe a few stores down and sat down and had a chat. The interview was 4 other people and me. I was referred to this position by the store manager, so it was fairly easy to acquire a position at the store.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Post Falls, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Post Falls, ID (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

my Interview was fast and professional. Assistant manager and the store manager both interviewed me and ask various questions and were very informative. I got a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced an upset customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus Interview scheduled three days in advance. It was a 30 minute interview with a mix of behavioral questions and standard interview questions (i.e. "what did you learn from a certain experience on your resume, etc.) I had plenty of time to ask the interviewer questions as well. The interviewer was very nice and friendly, she made me feel very comfortable. In all honesty I am not the most passionate about the brand and I think that's why I wasn't a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Why American Eagle? Why retail?   1 Answer

Register Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

It was really relaxed. They asked about previous experience and what kind of schedule I would have to be on because of school work. They also asked how I do under pressure and how I would help an unhappy customer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Very unfriendly intimidating interview group. One interviewer insinuated I must have gotten my last job because I knew someone - which was not the case at all. I have never been in a AE store since.

Interview Questions

• How did you get your last job - it seems a little beyond your experience level? Did you know anyone at the company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. It was quick, and painless. I was asked a few simple questions that were not hard to answer. If you have ever worked with people or in retail it is a definite bonus.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.