American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated 22 May 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Destin, FL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked into the store to ask if they were hiring and grab an application. Brought the application back the next day and after briefly looking it over they told me to come back the following day for an interview. Went in for the interview and it was extremely casual; a 5-10 minute conversation with the store manager by the registers while someone who was training to be a manager observed. They asked me to tell them about myself, why I want to work there, what I hope to get out of the experience, etc. Very basic questions. Was told I would receive a call that night informing me of their decision but I didn't get one for 2 days. However, I ended up being hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Interview

They ask all basic employee questions. They are not very broud with the questions. Its all very plain and straight foward but decent. Wish they would interview managers as managers and not so much as a sales associate.

Merch Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

The interview process was very personable. I walked into the store and just asked for the manager. We talked in front of the store for about 20 minutes about retail, styling and my own personal style.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview with about ten others. I was the first to speak for many questions and the other candidates basically repeated everything I said for questions I answered. The hiring manager seemed to like me. She collected our resumes and asked 6 questions. Then she told us all to fill out applications. Before I was done she picked me and another girl, took us 3 feet away and told us the next step of the application process would be to get an email from one of three hiring managers after they looked at our availability. We said okay and she sent us on our ways. The next day they sent me an email saying "we have offered the position to a candidate who best fits the specific needs of the position". At least they responded back quickly lol

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Norfolk, VA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager a few weeks after I applied in store. I had a group interview and heard back about a week later. During the group interview I answered a few questions about me, nothing about sell an outfit like most retail stores do. At the end of the interview I filled out a personality quiz.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online then 1 month later got a call to schedule an interview. After the interview got offered the job immediately. The interview was one on one. Met with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few days later. set up interview. Got interviewed by hiring manager which was easy and chill. Then I got a second interview with the actual manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and she asked us about 7 questions and we went around and each answered. I was surprised that the second round was the same day, but those of us who moved on had an interview with the managers. It was really fast and easy and they were all really nice.

Stock Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

Interview

Applied on Indeed. Got a call a day later. Set up the interview a few days later. Had an interview with the AM because the SM was on a conference call. I had experience so it was basically telling me what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I know retail doesn't make a lot unless you're on commission. I ask for what I made at my previous job and the SM accepted. I feel that 11.00 is definitely a fair starting wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Walked in one day asking if they were hiring and they gave me an application to fill out. I turned it in and she told me i can be interviewed couple days later. Interview was really easy and the manager was very nice. She only asked me like 2 questions and discussed my previous jobs and my results of my personality test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.