Amey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Amey Interview Questions

Updated 17 Feb 2018

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (London, England).

Interview

Informative, interactive and challenging assessment day. I was impressed by the organisation and enjoyed the nature of certain exercises delegated to candidates. There were also plenty of opportunities to speak to current Amey staff about the work they were currently doing.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amey (Sheffield, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR and was given 4 days to complete online tests and video interviews. Was then invited for an assessment centre in Sheffield scheduled 2 weeks from the email. Due to this time the train ticket set me back £85 which Amey did not reimburse and so has left me out of pocket. When I arrived there were 6 of us and the day consisted of a written exercise, group exercise and a competency interview.

The written exercise was around the question of the impacts of building and maintaining new and existing infrastructure and how Amey can overcome these problems, or something along those lines.

The group exercise was being split into groups of 3 and building the tallest, free standing structure out of paper, string and spaghetti so that it could support a marshmallow. There were 5 assessors and 6 participants, so 2 people weren't being assessed properly, or 1 not at all.

Then was a competency interview with standard competency questions. It was clear one of the interviewers had not even read my CV before hand so that seemed rather unprofessional.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (Birmingham, England).

Interview

Competency based questions, where the interviewer asked further questions based on your answers. It lasted about an hour and you also had the opportunity to ask questions at the end

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

Interview

I applied in september online. Typical application, Very easy.
    Completed Online test ( Very Difficult so brush up befor attempting ) followed by video interview, basic Competency questions.
    Assesment centre in December- Written exercise, group task (Building a structure) and Interview. They want a confedent and happy individual.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

One phone interview followed with a written/data task. Then attend Assessment Centre. the Assessment Centre took whole day. There were one data exercise and a group exercise in Assessment Centre, and one 3-to-1 interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied directly from the website. received an email the next day inviting for a phone interview. Arranged the phone interview via email. Phone interview was straightforward with usual interview questions. Invited to the next stage which was a 7 day written and coding exercise. not accepted without feedback.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Long story short: Scheduled three phone interviews, employer missed all of them. No apology or explanation whatsoever after the third missed interview.

Full story:
    A phone interview was scheduled for Monday 3 pm which I confirmed. Then, without any reference to that appointment another phone interview for 11 pm of that Monday was scheduled. I didn't receive a call for either appointment.

An Email to the responsible person came back with an out of office notification until two weeks later. However, the substitute came back to me, apologised and proposed Friday afternoon without suggesting a time. An Email asking the substitute for the specific time came back with another out of office notice until the day before the interview. On that day a phone interview for 3 pm was scheduled. When I logged into the conference room however nobody attended. Have never heard back of them.

Interview Questions

• Can you please confirm whether you have a github and if so send us a link? (email correspondence)   Answer Question

Trainee Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Warrington, North West England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was schedule for an Interview for July (2017). Recruiter got in touch through phone and pencilled the date and location for the interview which was confirmed through email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you know about Amey?   1 Answer

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey (London, England).

Interview

Interviewed by Accounts manager, No HR present. Job explained but not in full, I explained my skills and job experience, The interview was laid back and the manager came across well,
    I was told would be informed if successful in a couple of days, was successful, got paperwork through post and a questionnaire sent via email.
    I started 4th December, on first day no induction, or health and safety breif, no issue of uniform or personal protection equipment, It really went down hill from day one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's was easy going

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Sleek and straight forward. The interviewer was very friendly and not attempting to intimidate. The key focus of the interview was to establish why there was a desire to create a career within Amey and Infrastructure. I appealed far more than to say it was an experience to attempt. Was able to also have a chat about other matters outside of work and the interviewer took an interest in my personality and nature which was weighted heavily. Not looking purely for a work-horse

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose infrastructure as a career path   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.