Amey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Oct 2017

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Long story short: Scheduled three phone interviews, employer missed all of them. No apology or explanation whatsoever after the third missed interview.

Full story:
    A phone interview was scheduled for Monday 3 pm which I confirmed. Then, without any reference to that appointment another phone interview for 11 pm of that Monday was scheduled. I didn't receive a call for either appointment.

An Email to the responsible person came back with an out of office notification until two weeks later. However, the substitute came back to me, apologised and proposed Friday afternoon without suggesting a time. An Email asking the substitute for the specific time came back with another out of office notice until the day before the interview. On that day a phone interview for 3 pm was scheduled. When I logged into the conference room however nobody attended. Have never heard back of them.

Interview Questions

• Can you please confirm whether you have a github and if so send us a link? (email correspondence)   Answer Question

Trainee Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Warrington, North West England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was schedule for an Interview for July (2017). Recruiter got in touch through phone and pencilled the date and location for the interview which was confirmed through email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you know about Amey?   1 Answer

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey (London, England).

Interview

Interviewed by Accounts manager, No HR present. Job explained but not in full, I explained my skills and job experience, The interview was laid back and the manager came across well,
    I was told would be informed if successful in a couple of days, was successful, got paperwork through post and a questionnaire sent via email.
    I started 4th December, on first day no induction, or health and safety breif, no issue of uniform or personal protection equipment, It really went down hill from day one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's was easy going

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Sleek and straight forward. The interviewer was very friendly and not attempting to intimidate. The key focus of the interview was to establish why there was a desire to create a career within Amey and Infrastructure. I appealed far more than to say it was an experience to attempt. Was able to also have a chat about other matters outside of work and the interviewer took an interest in my personality and nature which was weighted heavily. Not looking purely for a work-horse

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose infrastructure as a career path   1 Answer

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey in March 2017.

Interview

Competencies based interview like going through my APC again. Some difficult questions which I was not prepared for. The client was in the interview as well, although I got a fairly good feedback after the interview I know I did not do well.

Interview Questions

• What was the one failure you have encountered during your career.   1 Answer

Test Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

Submitted my CV via a recruiter and was asked to attend a face to face interview with the Test Manager and another Tester at their offices. A quick tour of the IT department after the interview was completed. I was called back within a week and made an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with conflicting priorities from different stakeholders?   1 Answer

Trainee Smart Metering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Liverpool, England).

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to an assessment and face to face interview in Liverpool. Straight forward process . Company seemed very professional and clean cut, was impressed, and instantly thought I want to be a part of this

Interview Questions

• What do you know about amey   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey (Liverpool, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview started by asking unconventional questions such as if you were a fruit what fruit would you be and why, then asked competency based questions.

Thought the interview went well and was told I would hear back from the company for feedback whether I got the job, I still haven't heard back from the company a month later. Guessing I haven't got the job but when told I would receive feedback I believe it to be very unprofessional and rude to not get back to me when I had taken time of work to attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Competency based, what fruit would you be   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amey in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was very good , Interview not so good was asked some normal It based questions but some questions was inappropriate and designed to catch you off guard. Interviewer was more interested with their phone rather than the interview. Overall bad experience a bit of a confidence killer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

The application consisted of a CV and covering letter, followed by a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview, according to Amey this process should take 2 weeks. I got to a telephone interview and was supplied with a large amount of information to look through, which was helpful for preparation and gave a good overview of the projects the company works on. The interview went well however, although the application said programming skills are desirable (of which I had some, but not very large amounts), they appear to be closer to being essential for this particular role. Feedback was provided via email the day after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you implemented your data analysis skills?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.