Amey Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Amey

Other3%
HardAverageEasy
Found 97 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (London, England, England)

Interview

Competency-Based questions. And scenario-based questions with some technical-based questions. It took almost 2 months for the whole process to finish from start to end. Interviewers were chilled and made me less nervous from the start.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a project you managed in previous roles?
    1 Answer
Amey
Application

I interviewed at Amey

Interview

General competency based interview with 2 senior Managers. Interview later approximately one and a half hours . Started with a run through of CV and experience and then the usual competency based quiestions.

Interview Questions
Amey
Application

I interviewed at Amey

Interview

Aptitute Test was conducted which consisted of coding MCQ questions, Quantitative questions followed by basic verbal questions. Then in interview basic pseudo code questions were asked along with brief introduction.

Interview Questions
Amey
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amey (London, England, England) in Jul 2020

Interview

I initially had a ten minute interview to elaborate more on the role to gauge my interest and briefly chatted about my experience as well as why I was interested in the position. Due to COVID-19 I did not have an in person interview, so I had a Microsoft teams interview instead and it was arranged within a few days after the phone screening. This was more formal conversation with two of the managers within the recruitment department. I felt the questions were very well thought out for identifying working behaviours. The interviewers were very good at prompting if anything was misunderstood and I didn't feel like they were trying to catch me out. It did take quite a few weeks to get a formal offer but these things do happen. What I was impressed with is how someone from Amey made the effort to keep in touch with me once or twice a week. Often recruiters can be quite avoidant if they don't have news for you, so it's nice to see I'd be working with a team who follow the correct behaviours and understand the perspective of a waiting candidate.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to a hiring manager who wasn't going through the correct recruitment process, such as using agencies without permission
  • How would you manage a candidate if they had taken time to interview for a role but the vacancy had to be cancelled?
Amey
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey

Interview

Telephone interview with a member of the team and day long assessment centre which included a group exercise and individual interviews. It was quite stress free and very efficient

Interview Questions
Amey
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

A series of questions were asked based on previous experience, background, etc. I was made to feel slightly uncomfortable, as with most job interviews I suppose. I was also asked to do an initial assessment during the interview.

Interview Questions
Amey
Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Amey (Sheffield, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Very positive, staff all very friendly and want you to do your best, Amey made what would usually be a stressful process enjoyable for everyone there. Assessment day split into group task, scenario and interview as well as opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
Amey
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amey

Interview

Supposedly a telephone interview, but received no call. The face to face interviews we completed in a public meeting place. Complete lack of professionalism. No follow ups for the other non selected candidates the positions were already pre filled with pre existing candidates

Amey
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks. I spoke on the phone with their internal recruiter, who was polite and well spoken, and we agreed on preliminary date and location. A few days later I got a confirmation email regarding the interview date. Prior to the interview I was informed that the interview questions were going to be competency and technical based where the managers were going to ask me for specific examples of my past experience. I was also advised to talk through my CV and the reason for leaving my current role. The interview was conducted late in the afternoon at 3:00 pm on a Friday. The main interviewer was their account manager and I was greeted by him when I got there. We were then joined by another member of his team. During the interview, there was no attempt made to ask me why I wanted to leave my current role or about my existing experience and what I wanted to achieve. Unfortunately, there was very little interest shown in me and this was evident from the start. The interview was heavily focused on technical questions relating to airports. The technical questions continued onto the very end. At the end of the interview, I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had. One of the question I asked was related to salary. The account manager began to answer this question and, in his words, responded by saying "the salary for the role range between £32-34k but I will decide where you fall within that range". I was then told, that should I be successful in the first interview there will be a second more technical interview and that I need to do some research into airports. The impression I got from both persons interviewing me was that they were not well prepared. Additionally, they rushed through the interview since they were done for the day and the interview was holding them. Considering my interview experience there, I decided to call their internal recruiter and informed him that I was no longer interested in working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Liverpool, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional company ever. I applied online in June and got an interview invite 2 weeks later. Then I got an email saying the interview was cancelled a day before. I had already made plans for accommodation and transportation which were non-refundable. Amey promised to refund all expenses but never replied to my emails.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Interviews