Amey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Amey Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2018

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

Very relaxed, perhaps too much so. I was impressed by Amey, however it turned out they were looking for civil engineers and not engineers with my degree so I was abit confused as to why I had made it this far in the process. Overall a good experience, only waited about 4 weeks between applying and getting an interview with tests in between. Tests were easier than average.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time where you felt you were unfairly criticised?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

3 exercises, individual technical exercise, group exercise and individual interview.

The interview itself works really well, definitely more of a conversation as there are two interviewers and they are extremely friendly, showing a genuine interest in your answers and will definitely ask further questions so do not lie because this will be unpicked by them easily. Also research what area you want to research into, have lots of competency examples.

Group exercise was building a structure, the usual they want to see how you work as a team.

Individual written technical exercise was difficult; it’s essential you go through the information Amey will send you first and do your own research into the area, basically know enough to write a short essay about the topic, with good spelling and grammar.

Really research the company and make sure you have good questions to ask at the end of the interview.

They said it usually takes 2 weeks to hear back but I was called 3 hours after the interview for a self assessment, feedback and job offer.

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nuneaton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amey (Nuneaton, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role online and was asked to complete the online tests. I then had to complete a video interview which asked what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work there, what inspires me etc. I actually didn’t think I came across that strong as I think I was nervous and bumbled along a bit! I was however invited to an assessment centre which I really enjoyed. It was an afternoon and there was 5 of us present. The afternoon consisted of a interview, group exercise and written test.
    The interview was good, they were friendly and made me feel relaxed. It was quite formal and they asked your standard competency questions. We then split into 2 teams to participate in the group exercise. I enjoyed the group work and we completed the task successfully which I was pleased about.
    The written test was quite difficult and I don’t think I answered the questions well but when they called to offer me the job they said I had excelled in the written assessment.
    Overall it was a good experience and well organised.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to follow policies and procedures   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a time when had to adapt to a change in work and how did you tackle this   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Amey and why do you want to work for us   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a time when you received feedback which you didn’t agree with and how did you deal with ot   Answer Question
    • What do you think a commercial manager does   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey in April 2018.

Interview

I have applied online and passed the psychometric assessment. That was quite easy. I had then a video interview which was easy. Still didn't hear back from them. The process took 1 month.

Senior Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey (London, England).

Interview

Phone call then in-person interview with manager and HR rep. Interview was very scripted with all the basic questions thrown at you (tell me about a time you had a conflict, etc...). All in all pretty smooth however one month after my interview I still haven't heard of them. No sweat that I wasn't invited for second round, but at least sending an email letting me know that would be great. This lack of basic decency for interviewees is stunning, especially when you have to take time off work to go visit them.

Graduate Environmental Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2018.

Interview

Online application (short questions and background, CV)> verbal/ numerical reasoning tests> video interview> assessment centre (group task, individual interview, competency test) .
    The interview process was quite smooth and waiting time was not much.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (London, England).

Interview

I was very impressed by the interview process (and atmosphere) I experienced at Amey Consulting, London.

The first stage was a phone interview reviewing previous experience with a small market sizing.
    Second stage was a 3 hour case study in the office before a one hour interview over lunch. Both the case and lunch interview were interesting and enjoyable.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (London, England).

Interview

Informative, interactive and challenging assessment day. I was impressed by the organisation and enjoyed the nature of certain exercises delegated to candidates. There were also plenty of opportunities to speak to current Amey staff about the work they were currently doing.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Had an initial telephone interview then had to submit a mock report. The initial interview was simple, questions were straight forward. Mock report was more difficult as the instructions were vague and the task took a long time to complete.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions regarding CV and programming experience, particularly R   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amey (Sheffield, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR and was given 4 days to complete online tests and video interviews. Was then invited for an assessment centre in Sheffield scheduled 2 weeks from the email. Due to this time the train ticket set me back £85 which Amey did not reimburse and so has left me out of pocket. When I arrived there were 6 of us and the day consisted of a written exercise, group exercise and a competency interview.

The written exercise was around the question of the impacts of building and maintaining new and existing infrastructure and how Amey can overcome these problems, or something along those lines.

The group exercise was being split into groups of 3 and building the tallest, free standing structure out of paper, string and spaghetti so that it could support a marshmallow. There were 5 assessors and 6 participants, so 2 people weren't being assessed properly, or 1 not at all.

Then was a competency interview with standard competency questions. It was clear one of the interviewers had not even read my CV before hand so that seemed rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.