Amey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Amey Interview Questions

Interviews at Amey

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amey (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with two of their data scientists followed by a technical interview. They asked me to do a short research on the spending of road maintenance in the UK, followed by some coding questions. Even though they gave me a week to do it, I submitted everything well on time, and I was sure I did a good job. I didn't hear anything back from them, not even feedback on my answers. I assume they didn't even take a look at what I sent them.

Interview Questions

• experience with data modelling and python   1 Answer

Engineering Degree Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amey (Sheffield, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Very positive, staff all very friendly and want you to do your best, Amey made what would usually be a stressful process enjoyable for everyone there. Assessment day split into group task, scenario and interview as well as opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Experiences that make you suitable for this apprenticeship   Answer Question

Field Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

Supposedly a telephone interview, but received no call. The face to face interviews we completed in a public meeting place. Complete lack of professionalism. No follow ups for the other non selected candidates the positions were already pre filled with pre existing candidates

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks.
    I spoke on the phone with their internal recruiter, who was polite and well spoken, and we agreed on preliminary date and location. A few days later I got a confirmation email regarding the interview date.
    Prior to the interview I was informed that the interview questions were going to be competency and technical based where the managers were going to ask me for specific examples of my past experience. I was also advised to talk through my CV and the reason for leaving my current role.
    The interview was conducted late in the afternoon at 3:00 pm on a Friday. The main interviewer was their account manager and I was greeted by him when I got there. We were then joined by another member of his team.
    During the interview, there was no attempt made to ask me why I wanted to leave my current role or about my existing experience and what I wanted to achieve.
    Unfortunately, there was very little interest shown in me and this was evident from the start. The interview was heavily focused on technical questions relating to airports. The technical questions continued onto the very end. At the end of the interview, I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had. One of the question I asked was related to salary. The account manager began to answer this question and, in his words, responded by saying "the salary for the role range between £32-34k but I will decide where you fall within that range".
    I was then told, that should I be successful in the first interview there will be a second more technical interview and that I need to do some research into airports.
    The impression I got from both persons interviewing me was that they were not well prepared. Additionally, they rushed through the interview since they were done for the day and the interview was holding them.
    Considering my interview experience there, I decided to call their internal recruiter and informed him that I was no longer interested in working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Liverpool, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional company ever. I applied online in June and got an interview invite 2 weeks later. Then I got an email saying the interview was cancelled a day before. I had already made plans for accommodation and transportation which were non-refundable. Amey promised to refund all expenses but never replied to my emails.

Business Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Manchester, England) in May 2019.

Interview

What you would expect from an interview, it had a one on one part and then a group assessment task, It has all changed since I had my interview though.

Interview Questions

• How can you show resilience   1 Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amey in April 2019.

Interview

Standard assessment day as expected but have not received any feed back which is very disappointing considering the size of the company and having to give up a whole day of my time.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

The process started with the online application and after a month I got an email asking to complete some online situational judgement tests. Within three weeks of that I was invited to the assessment centre where I was asked to deliver a presentation, then a one hour interview and a group activity.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

I applied online. You upload your CV and that's it. If they like it, they'll invite you for the video interview. I'm still waiting for the reply. I'll update when I receive a reply from them.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amey (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

Standard assessment centre. First of all a written exercise asking about the engineers role in designing a new highway. Then competency interview. Then Group assessment to build a spaghetti tower to hold a marshmallow.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.