Boots Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 21 Oct 2017

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Exhaustive, extremely lengthy process that went on for 8 months. Too much chaos and change that seems to be constant. I went into the NYC office 5 times over the course of nearly one year.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with Dist Mgr and asked each other questions. She was very open about benefits, compensation and the reality of the job. Waited for Corporate to approve position. have to pass drug test, background check and provide 2 references. It was an easy and delightful experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and the assistant manager saw me right away (the manager was on holiday so couldn't conduct the interviews themselves), however she wasn't fully aware of when I had booked my interview slot..!
    She firstly told me a bit about the position, asked me to tell her a bit about myself and what experience is previously had. This was the extent of the questions!
    We then went on to the shop floor where she asked me to find the cheapest box of paracetamol there was, and to say what I would do to tidy up a shelf.
    From there we then went over to the No7 counter where I had chosen the face wipes to talk about and sell to a customer.
    We then went in to the back room and I explained that I would have to return to university in September which I knew would affect my chances, and she kindly told me that they were probably looking for someone who was going to be with them for a longer period of time, which was completely understandable, but she would see what she could do when deciding with the manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boots.

Interview

I applied online and within a week got an email asking me to select a time and date to come in for an interview! I chose Friday morning! Also in the email they said to dress smart, and have a favorite product from boots in my mind.
    When I got there I went straight to the back to the pharmacy and the lady there called for the manager who was very sweet and nice (later when I worked there I found out she was quite the opposite) she asked typical questions such as tell me a time you have shown leadership skills, a time when you have worked well in a team! She asked about my availability and why I wanted to work for boots and my careers goals! She asked some situational questions regarding angry customers, and answered the obvious to always be polite and courteous! Then we went to the shop floor where I had to find and 'sell' my favourite product to her. She also gave me some hand lotion and asked me to approach customers to try out the lotion! After that I left and I got a call at 6pm that evening to say I had the job and I would start the following week and to expect a letter in mail giving me all the details. The following week I went to orientation where I sat in a room with 10 or so others filling out paper work, getting uniforms and then did some training in the cash registers! The following day was my first day of work and I spent most day learning how to use the registers!

Interview Questions

• Who needs more assistance? The lady who walks in, straight to a product or the lady who strolls in looking around, looking lost?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I had to meet up a few times ... We had phone interview and A 30 min interview .. It was vet eassy ti the point talked about makeup retail and customer service

Interview Questions

• Questions about skin care and retail   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Exhaustive, extremely lengthy process that went on for 8 months. Too much chaos and change that seems to be constant. I went into the NYC office 5 times over the course of nearly one year. I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)).

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

it was very easy and direct, normal interview questions. first an interview over the phone then a second interview in person. while interviewing in person they seemed very friendly and understanding. overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• how much retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots in May 2013.

Interview

Answered a ad and they called me in. The manager was so nice and friendly. A few questions about my background, nothing hard at all. They checked my references and called everyone and also I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to apply make-up and are you ok with it.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

We met and sat down to discuss qualifications. Fair and legal questions were asked. The interviewer was friendly, professional during interview, and explained expectations and duties of the job very well. I was to come in dress code and we took a tour of the Target store I would be in, procedures daily that would be expected and become second nature, meeting different departments that were involved in the health and beauty isles, where Boots shelves were of product.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the industry?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Bedford, England).

Interview

Applied online and successfully completed their online questionnaire. Was invited to an interview set for two weeks later. Met with the manager in store who was absolutely lovely and really put me at ease, we discussed my potential working hours and some scenario questions (E.g: How have I worked well as a team in a previous role / How did I introduce a customer to something new / How do I keep motivated while working)
    After this we went out onto the shop floor which I thought would be super scary but was actually pretty chill. I was asked to sell the manager an item she chose for me. Then she gave me a product and asked if it would be right for her, and if not could I recommend something else instead. After this I was asked if I could improve on any shelf layouts/ displays and then given an opportunity to tidy up some shelves. Then we went back to the office where we discussed what uniform sizes I'd need should I get the role, and then ending the interview saying that she'd be in touch soon whether I get the job or not.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.