Boots Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Dec 2017

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Exhaustive, extremely lengthy process that went on for 8 months. Too much chaos and change that seems to be constant. I went into the NYC office 5 times over the course of nearly one year.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with Dist Mgr and asked each other questions. She was very open about benefits, compensation and the reality of the job. Waited for Corporate to approve position. have to pass drug test, background check and provide 2 references. It was an easy and delightful experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and the assistant manager saw me right away (the manager was on holiday so couldn't conduct the interviews themselves), however she wasn't fully aware of when I had booked my interview slot..!
    She firstly told me a bit about the position, asked me to tell her a bit about myself and what experience is previously had. This was the extent of the questions!
    We then went on to the shop floor where she asked me to find the cheapest box of paracetamol there was, and to say what I would do to tidy up a shelf.
    From there we then went over to the No7 counter where I had chosen the face wipes to talk about and sell to a customer.
    We then went in to the back room and I explained that I would have to return to university in September which I knew would affect my chances, and she kindly told me that they were probably looking for someone who was going to be with them for a longer period of time, which was completely understandable, but she would see what she could do when deciding with the manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boots.

Interview

I applied online and within a week got an email asking me to select a time and date to come in for an interview! I chose Friday morning! Also in the email they said to dress smart, and have a favorite product from boots in my mind.
    When I got there I went straight to the back to the pharmacy and the lady there called for the manager who was very sweet and nice (later when I worked there I found out she was quite the opposite) she asked typical questions such as tell me a time you have shown leadership skills, a time when you have worked well in a team! She asked about my availability and why I wanted to work for boots and my careers goals! She asked some situational questions regarding angry customers, and answered the obvious to always be polite and courteous! Then we went to the shop floor where I had to find and 'sell' my favourite product to her. She also gave me some hand lotion and asked me to approach customers to try out the lotion! After that I left and I got a call at 6pm that evening to say I had the job and I would start the following week and to expect a letter in mail giving me all the details. The following week I went to orientation where I sat in a room with 10 or so others filling out paper work, getting uniforms and then did some training in the cash registers! The following day was my first day of work and I spent most day learning how to use the registers!

Interview Questions

• Who needs more assistance? The lady who walks in, straight to a product or the lady who strolls in looking around, looking lost?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I had to meet up a few times ... We had phone interview and A 30 min interview .. It was vet eassy ti the point talked about makeup retail and customer service

Interview Questions

• Questions about skin care and retail   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Exhaustive, extremely lengthy process that went on for 8 months. Too much chaos and change that seems to be constant. I went into the NYC office 5 times over the course of nearly one year. I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)).

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

it was very easy and direct, normal interview questions. first an interview over the phone then a second interview in person. while interviewing in person they seemed very friendly and understanding. overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• how much retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots in May 2013.

Interview

Answered a ad and they called me in. The manager was so nice and friendly. A few questions about my background, nothing hard at all. They checked my references and called everyone and also I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to apply make-up and are you ok with it.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

We met and sat down to discuss qualifications. Fair and legal questions were asked. The interviewer was friendly, professional during interview, and explained expectations and duties of the job very well. I was to come in dress code and we took a tour of the Target store I would be in, procedures daily that would be expected and become second nature, meeting different departments that were involved in the health and beauty isles, where Boots shelves were of product.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the industry?   1 Answer

Christmas Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boots (Liverpool, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I came to Boots and waited at the back of the store to be called in by a manager, who then took me to an interview room. She was very nice and put me at ease, first asking availability. The whole of the next part was a series of questions - which was quite intense! Definitely do your research/prepare! She asked a lot in a row- It was all about skills, experience, scenarios and how you would sell your chosen product. They try and catch you out by asking questions that basically ask the same thing but worded differently, so think of a few examples. Definitely try not to rehearse too much, comes across better being relaxed and confident. Strangely I did not have to go on the shop floor, this particular manager said she didn’t want to do this exercise, I think I just got lucky! Finally she went out to photocopy my passport and when she came back she offered me the job on the spot! She said I would hear back with all the relevant information within a week - very happy! Probably one of the hardest interviews I’ve done but preparation definitely helped.

- Another interview questions: A time you had to consider a problem from a different perspective and how did you solve this? What was the outcome?
    - A time you faced with a problem, how did you overcome it?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Boots, what are you skills and experience?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you helped someone through a problem in a team, how did they feel and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to boost morale within a group?   Answer Question
    • How to spot an unconfident/ confident customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell your chosen product?   1 Answer
    • You have 10 minutes to tidy an aisle, what do you do to it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you’ve shared something about yourself with another person to help them?   1 Answer
    • How would you make yourself appear trustworthy?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a Boots Advantage card to someone who didn’t have one?   1 Answer
    • Sceneario: how would you help a businessman going away for a trip?   1 Answer
    • How would you help someone spend the points on their advantage card?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.