Burberry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Burberry Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2018

2.8

Operations Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Received a call a few days after I submitted my application. Very friendly woman who wanted to schedule an interview. Unfortunately I was finishing my last credit in school and had to schedule for the next week.

Interview Questions

• what do you want as a career?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burberry (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

They brought in multiple candidates together and it was a group of people being shown around the offices for the day. We had to wait 4 hours for a 20 min interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Because I could not make it into the office, I was able to have my interview via Skype. It lasted about 30 minutes, with basic questions about past experiences, how I handle stressful situations, etc. Prior to the questions and answers, I was given an extensive overview of the position and company overall. The interview was both informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was the most stressful work-related experience, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A paid internship is hard to come by. I did not negotiate - the pay is standard for all interns.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burberry in May 2014.

Interview

My interviewer contacted me over the phone and asked a couple quick questions, mainly a resume rundown. He then asked if I could come in for an interview in their office. The interview was pretty strait forward, mainly behavioral based. My interviewer asked for my Microsoft office proficiency. Not a very difficult process by any means.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you dealt with someone who is unsatisfied?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulalip, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burberry (Tulalip, WA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

After a lengthy telephone interview, I met with two managers with the Seattle Premium Outlets Burberry store. Their personalities were complimentary but did not fit the "typical" overeager, hyper salesperson for a high end store. They impressed me with the package offered!!! After being out of retail for several years, I was amazed. The store itself was nicely packaged and the sales associates were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the only per-say, technical question was regarding my knowledge of computers.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burberry (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process was straight forward. It started with a HR phone screen, then a 1 on 1 interview with the Director and ended with a 1 on 1 interview with the VP. A few days later I spoke with HR to negotiate Salary.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burberry (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Asked about my pervious experience and how I am able to handle stress. What skills can I bring to the table. They explained that the job was not a 9-5pm and there are long hours during market however they do promote a work life balance.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter who told me a little about the role and Company overall. She did explain that it was an intense work environment, which I am used to. Asked many questions to get to know me and my experience. She then connected me with the District Manager who I met - asked me a series of questions from an Interview Guide. Great energy - he was very charismatic. Last I met with the SVP of retail ... he solidified my desire to join the brand. He was intelligent, articulate and had a great vision for the Brand and where he wanted to take it.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powder Wash, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burberry (Powder Wash, CO (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

4 interviews with 4 different people relaxed place talked sports 4 interviews with 4 different people relaxed place talked sports 4 interviews with 4 different people relaxed place talked sports 4 interviews with 4 different people relaxed place talked sports4 interviews with 4 different people relaxed place talked sports

Interview Questions

• how will you plan to elevate footfall in a challenging market, with only internal store tools   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied online, and shortly afterwards received a phone call to set up an interview on a Monday at 2 PM. I arrived at the store and was greeted by an associate who went to tell the manager I had arrived. The associate returned and told me the manager was on the phone, and I should wait on the customer bench. I waited there for another 10 minutes. Another employee came up and introduced herself as the floor supervisor. She gave me a paper application, clipboard and pen and told me to sit on the bench and complete the application. I did so, then proceeded to wait as she and other associates walked past me, focusing on tasks like filling the floor. The associates did not seem happy and were not engaging with customers at all. When it reached 2:30, a full half hour after my interview time, I got up to leave. The first associate asked if I was all set and I told her "Please tell the GM the interview was for 2:00. If she respect me as an applicant, I don't expect she would respect me as an employee. I then left the store.

Interview Questions

• Being told to fill out a sales associate type application for a management position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.