CGI Senior Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CGI Senior Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI

2.8

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

HR got in touch initially. She was so rude did not even give me an option for interview date and time. I still managed to find a time and date that she said would work best.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic interview. Just bombarded with questions.
    -interface vs abstract class -Map vs set -Rest api methods -java 8 features -continuous integration -dependency injection -sorting an object -comparable interface -hashcode vs equals   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

There was one face to face interview. First of all they sent me to wrong location. I had to drive back to original location.
    The interviewer was 30 minutes late and didn't even apolgize. There was another guy with him.
    They ask about CV etc then ask stupid questions. They were too unprofessional. One guy was yawning and using phone ! pathetic
    I am sure if I had asked them questions they'd be dumbfounded

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an acquaintance and received an email from the HR, who set up a phone interview (with the HR herself). The interview was short, she asked what skillset do I represent and what my expectations are (compensation etc.). She scheduled a face to face interview in the following week.

There were 3 senior employees in the interview. All were polite and generally curious about my background. One of them was asking behavioural questions while the others focused on technical.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural:
      1. What are your strengths/weakness?
      2. What has been your proudest achievement?
      3. Why should we hire you?

Technical Questions:
      1. Polymorphism
      2. Java Call-by-value vs Call-by-Reference
      3. Difference between web server and application server.
      4. How do you declare an ArrayList (hands on coding)?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

First, I was contacted by technical recruiter and she arranged for an interview. The interview was code test followed by interview. The interviewer sent me webex link, and after joining he gave me control to his system. A use case was written and I was asked to write code for it. The use case is as follows.

There is a list of Employee objects and Phone is an instance variable object inside Employee.
    1) When we are printing the employee object, Phone needs to be printed in a specific format
    2) Sort the employee objects inside the list based on joining date descending order
    3) If we pass list of employee objects and name of employee to a method, it should return the employee object if it has that name.

After this coding test is completed they asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a code in which a method receives list and string and returns true if the string exists in list and false if it do not exist.

What is scriplet and what is expression?

What is the internal logic behind hashMap execution? Does hashmap size affects the performance of hashmap? This question is asked in almost all interviews.

What is atomicity?

Is count++ operation thread safe? Why?

What is the difference between Callable and Runnable?

What is the difference between IOC and dependency injection?

Is dependency injection is the concept only used in Spring?

what is the difference between final, finally and finalize?

If we declare arrayList as final, can we remove elements from arrayList?

How did you handled spring security in your project?

What is a WSDL and different parts of WSDL?

What are the advantages of REST over SOAP?

Why should we implement Cloneable interface if we have to clone an object, though clone method comes from Object class?

How is a variable shared between multiple threads?

What is a thread deadlock? How do we avoid it?

What is Hibernate Unidirectional and Bidirectional?

What is the method to be overridden if we are implementing MessageDrivenBean?

What are the advantages of using Generics?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone who was very unpleasant to talk to. Then I got a call and they said I was to go for a technical interview. My interview was set up at White Spot! It was during the senior architect's lunch hour. He was eating chicken pot pie while asking me technical questions. He was asking questions with food in his mouth and trying to cover his mouth with his hand. It was very unprofessional and extremely rude. Theybvould not even bother allocating an hour of their time to do a proper interview!

Interview Questions

• Do you know pass by reference or pass by value? how does Java do it?   1 Answer
    • lazy loading vs eager loading   Answer Question
    • how is a state of a stateful session bean avhieved   Answer Question
    • how would you put a button that would not submit an html form? what needs to be done so that when you press the button it would not submit the form?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview, online test and agency interview with a recruiter and my team leader who is a developer also. wasn't too demanding for an experienced Java expert who has the latest versions under their belt. worth revising on auto testing though as the agency didn't tell me about that aspect of this contract job

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.