CNWL NHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CNWL NHS Interview Questions

Interviews at CNWL NHS

HR Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Average interview, 3 panel members, quite intimidating and difficult to read once responded. Asked standard questions. Offered another job at the end, but never followed up and ignored all communication thereafter.

RGN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Drug calculations test
    Written test/ English test
    Interview with 2 people , neither was a nurse and I was offered a post on the day, then did hear anything for an age . Handed over ID check docs more than once before I withdrew

Interview Questions

• Various predictable basic questions   1 Answer

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Standard interview. A 30 min assessment doing some basic email and excel tasks eg gathering info and inputting into a spreadsheet.
    Interview lasted around 30/40 minutes. Based questions about competencies eg tell us about a time ... Also lots of questions based on the Trusts core values.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you demonstrated one of our core values?   Answer Question

Clinical Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via NHS jobs and was shortlisted for recruitment day. Had a practice based assessment and group discussion followed by interview. The interview was confusing as questions appeared misleading - I was told at the start "there are no trick questions", but during feedback I was told "you did not relate to clinical examples enough", which is something that was not explicitly asked within the questions themselves,but appeared to be an assessment requirement.

In addition the panel seemed to be giving away jobs to successful candidates immediately after an interview, meaning they did not see all applicants to then reach a decision but rather handed out offers on a first come first serve basis. This is not how recruitment usually works. They also appeared to prioritise internal applicants - not unusual in the NHS

Interview Questions

• What do you think the role of clinical charge nurse involves, and what can you bring to the role   Answer Question

Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

interview was well organized, made simple and welcoming. Interview was made simple by offering an environment that was conducive and free,. Felt valued and respected. Felt listened to and was part of the process

Interview Questions

• role of practitioner and what I bring to the team, Understanding of the role and what is expected. Confidentiality and listening process. Patient empowerment and respect. Medication and symptoms of illness. Medication side effects and recovery. Staff engagement and teamwork. Policies and procedures. Timekeeping skills and working to expected timescale. Identifying personal development and keeping up with learning proficiencies. Management of team and duty cover. Flexibility in work and available a short notice. Reporting and challenging bad practice and supporting others in work   1 Answer

Information Analyst Interview

Interview

Before the interview, I had to do a test which quite frankly, was ridiculous. I had to work with entities which were difficult to understand and link up, which made it an unpleasant experience. Also, I wasn't given enough time to complete it which damaged my confidence before the face-to-face interview. The whole environment was very chilly so I didn't feel comfortable.

Based on the interviewers' comments, there were various contradictions in their requirements. The job specification contradicted what they said in the interview, which was surprising and threw me off guard. Additionally, there were incorrect requirements found in the job specification. I found this completely unacceptable, given I prepared answers for possible interview questions relating to requirements which they didn't really want.

How hard is it to compose a job specification outlining specifically what is required and / or desirable while not including things which are unrequired? Failing to do this would:

> give possible applicants a misleading understanding of the job requirements, which could determine whether or not they apply for it;

> make it harder to select the right candidate when suitable candidates are not applying caused by their misunderstandings.

Very quickly, I was declined the role as I was judged unsuitable. This surprised me, given they quickly shortlisted me for an interview so obviously they must have thought I was suitable. They alleged they were interested in more of a "Business Analyst". However, there was NO explicit or implicit mention of this as per the job specification. The spec was technical in nature because the role was technical. Such obvious contradictions makes me wonder whether or not there were hidden reasons for discarding my application (i.e. unconscious or conscious discrimination).

Readers may be misled into thinking that NHS couldn't possibly discriminate as they are controlled by the government. This is far from the truth. Not only is it obviously possible for it to occur, the academic literature provides provable cases of discrimination perpetrated by The NHS. Since not all cases are detected, provable cases are only a percentage of the total amount of cases.

It is very easy for me to merely believe the decision was fair because it doesn't subjectively feel good to be treated unfairly. However, logically speaking, I am unjustified in assuming I was not implicitly or explicitly, consciously or subconsciously treated unfairly by those complete strangers during the process, due to the absence of evidence.

Mental Health Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brent, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (Brent, England).

Interview

Thete was no interview process. A former member of management was a family member. He retired 2 years ago. Because he's a family member and knows my background it was easy to become employed in this trust. We worked together in another NHS trust, for a few years.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase was conducted.

Specialist Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNWL NHS (London, England) in May 2012.

Interview

Panel of 3 people that included Service Manager, Lead Nurse and HR a consultant. Roughly 10 questions. Very friendly. Water was provided. I wasn't kept waiting. Instructions on how to get to the venue was clear.

Interview Questions

• How to manage a verity of clinical scenarios such; a symptomatic male, young person, men who have sex with men, contraception based question, emergency contraception. Questions involved more around management.
      Team work question
      Child protection and competency base question
      Difficult situations
      Confidentiality
      Partner Notification
      Service improvement e.g. how could we increase number of patients seen, how could we increase number of males attending the clinic.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.