Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Birmingham, AL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

They called it assessment day, which consist of a one-hour presentation from the CCUK, following with an out-door assessment in about 20-30 minutes and a 15-minute - interview. There were about 7-8 candidates and the team was very nice and supportive.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Very friendly
    Smart questions
    Very open to feedback

Had some case scenarios to fill in and discuss with interviewers, who were very nice

Talked about previous experience, gaps in CV, usual stuff. Then they got back to me fairly quickly, which was helpful

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation for an online test a couple of days later, the topics given were much more difficult than the job requirements, but I still made it passed and received an on-site interview invitation. The on-site experience was not so good. I just found the people I met were not passionate about their work at all. I could felt the interviewers were quite fake when giving their answers. I didn't think they were willing to work at cancer research.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview followed by a 1-hour test. The interview was mainly competency-based and why I would like to work there. No 'silly' questions like 'what's your biggest weakness' which I thought was nice because I find those questions pointless. In the test I was given output from an analysis and asked to answer several questions about it.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when something went wrong with your analysis, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by two young employees who had never interviewed anyone before. Despite this, they were very professional and easy to talk to. I was also provided feedback about why I didn't get the role- didn't have as much experience as another candidate. However, I was offered a place in a clearing pool to be contacted by other departments.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to talk about the things you've written on your CV and application so be prepared to elaborate.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

After one-month, I received the interview invitation. It consists of a group task and individual interviews afterwards. The group task was to plan an event as a group and the individual interview was centred with your past experience.

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by an email invitation to an interview at Angel Building in Islington. I was interviewed by three people and it lasted approximately 40 minutes. They asked me competency based questions and I was informed 2 weeks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for an internship at CRUK and what skills and experience do you hope to gain during the placement   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a project or a piece of work you are most proud of   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you have influenced others to change their minds about something   1 Answer
    • Can you tell us about a time when you spotted an opportunity to solve a problem or improve something that no on else has noticed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I completed an online application form, that mainly asked about my work experience and the skills necessary for the role. About a month later, I was called in for an interview, which mainly comprised of competency based questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 1 month from submitting online application to receiving the offer. It was a relatively easy process with a competency based online application form and interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The interviewers first described the internship a bit to me and then asked questions. At the end I was able to ask a few questions. They were very nice and made sure to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.