Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Interviews at Cancer Research UK

2.9

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Very friendly
    Smart questions
    Very open to feedback

Had some case scenarios to fill in and discuss with interviewers, who were very nice

Talked about previous experience, gaps in CV, usual stuff. Then they got back to me fairly quickly, which was helpful

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Birmingham, AL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

They called it assessment day, which consist of a one-hour presentation from the CCUK, following with an out-door assessment in about 20-30 minutes and a 15-minute - interview. There were about 7-8 candidates and the team was very nice and supportive.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

It was a straightforward process. My application was followed by an initial informal phone interview a week later. After a successful phone interview, I then had a thorough panel interview with structured interview sections containing questions and scenarios the following week.

Creative Operations Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in February 2021.

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick. It was one interview with sheduled with a panel of two, one of whom was the hiring manager. Each took turns to ask the questions. The questions were mostly behavioural questions. The overall experience was very professional and gave valuable feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about an experience working in a complex environment?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about a process you improved, what you did, the outcomes and what you would do differently?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a process you improves, the actions you took and outcomes and what you would have done differently.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in January 2021.

Interview

I applied in January 2021 and received an offer to interview a week later. I was interviewed by two panellists from the team, who were very friendly. The interview lasted just over an hour and comprised of a 30-minute task and interview. The 30-minute task was a presentation of a campaign plan based on a brief provided in advance. I had 30 minutes to study the brief and was questioned on my presentation. The remainder of the interview was mostly competency-based questions. I received an offer within a week.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First was pretty informal, whereas the second required a presentation. The interview panel were friendly and professional throughout. The interview appeared to go well and I was informed that I would hear back within a week.
     A month later I had heard nothing back, despite sending an email requesting whether a decision had been made. It was very disappointing and surprising that the organisation did not have the courtesy to let me know that I had not got the position.

Head of Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

First a 15 minute screening telephone interview with an HR partner. Then three weeks later a one hour competency-based interview with a panel of two directors and presentation of a 10 minute deck on the question “How to build a creative culture and how to raise creative standards”. Overall very experienced interviewers who put me at ease (despite it being over video) and gave immediate feedback after each question. A very positive experience and reflects very well on the organisation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you ensured brand consistency; (part two;) what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Straight forward and friendly interviewers. Did ask any questions to catch applicants out. The interviews made an effort to try make applicants feel comfortable. There was a delay in hearing back due to other interviews which slowed the process down. Overall my experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions - specific to competencies of the role applying for.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

Application: including CV and Cover letter
    Phone call from the future manager (informal)
    Interview with a panel of 5 senior managers (via Teams) including a short talk followed by questions from the panel and a writing task after the interview.

Digital Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Pretty straight forward - face to face followed by two assessments.

Basic mathematical and platform tools. Very friendly people.

I think personality is important too as they want to work with someone they get along with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.