Charles River Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Charles River Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2018

2.7

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in January 2013.

Interview

Came in, wound up being group interviewed. All in all a positive interviewing process, all staff I met seemed friendly. Had no issues with the interviews, first was a HR interview followed by a group interview with current staff. All in all it was a positive experience

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

Got a call from HR. Initially asked me basic interview questions and discussed a little about the job. Next was an interview with the supervisor and senior supervisor. About 10 questions were asked. Quick and straight to the point. Took a month to get notified of the result.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in October 2017.

Interview

I left a resume on Indeed and a recruiter contacted me if I was interested. I decided to go forward and I had an initial interview with her then I got passed along to the project director. I heard back quick. This took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your teamwork experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe your skills relevant to the position based on the responsibilities of the job posting.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a poor coworker on a group project?   Answer Question

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Southbury, CT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Contacted me through LinkedIn. I was asked to do a initial interview which was adequate in asking all the basic interview questions. I was contacted again to do a secondary interview with the project manager at the site which went fine. I heard back within a week that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience and why you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Bethesda, MD (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I initially applied through company website for a Technician position close to my home. A couple days later a recruiter (very nice & helpful lady) called me and left a message stating that I didn’t quite qualify for the position I applied for but another position ”Aquatics Specialist” fit my experience background better, however, was a further commute if I was still interested. Next Day I had a phone interview with the recruiter. It was pretty easy. Basic questions about my resume and my experience related to the position. Then the next week I had in-person interview with the project managers. One manager showed me around the facility and a quick rundown of the research they do at the NIH. All the workers were dressed very casually. Then we did a Q&A session, discussed responsibilities, benefits, and pay rate with two managers. A little overwhelming but the managers seemed very down to earth. The next day the recruiter called stating that they would like to offer me the position. A few days later I received my offer letter in the mail, as well as, drug testing and physical appointment info.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about ensuring the consumers a quality product?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with animal experimentation and euthanasia?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I met with two groups of people. If memory serves, one group was more lab based and the other more paper-work based, although I'm not quite sure. Both groups were nice and suprisingly casual, that being said the experience was still intimidating. We went over my resume, future class schedule, and the typical interview questions ("tell us about a mistake you made and how you handled it." "Tell us about yourself" etc...).

Interview Questions

• You are lacking experience, why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Wilmington, MA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with director of internal audit then was brought in to meet with the team. In person interview consisted of 1:1 interview with HR, director, and associate director. Followed by meeting with the rest of team members as a small group. It was a long day to go through that many interviews with people, however felt that they were able to get a view of who I was and I was able to get a really good idea of the company and position.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Malvern, PA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was well lead. I spoke to the manager of the department who brought in the supervisors as well to talk to during the interview. Also brought in a newly hired employee to relate to.

Molecular Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Newark, DE (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

In two hours I was interviewed by 5 people for about 20 minutes each. Each one pretty much asked the same questions and then towards the end, I got a tour of the lab I would potentially be working in

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two senior management. The interview was conducted in a professional manner for approximately 1 hour. Interviewers were friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. They asked about the skills that I may possess for the position and asked pretty standard interview questions to gauge whether I had the ability to work in a team.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you were in conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • What do you do during your free time?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.