Cirrus Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cirrus Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Cirrus Logic

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I thought that my to-be manager was discourteous and disingenuous in our interview, and hoped that they weren't so in normal situation. I felt like they wanted to pry into my past and future decisions until they saw a good reason not to advance me. I was surprised because their actions did not match what I knew about Cirrus Logic from company website and secondary testimonies.

Software Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

2 Phone Screen and 6 face to face in Onsite Interview. All technical interviews went well, most of the times I got instant feedback saying they liked my answers.

The interaction with HR did not go well. I was sent an email about instructions for Onsite interview, which clearly stated that I will be expensed for my travel, (which is a very standard practice). I was a local candidate & the interview was pretty early in the morning, to accommodate the schedule for people interviewing from UK & since their office was in the middle of Downtown area which is prone to peak traffic (& I had not slept much the night before preparing for Interview), assuming that I will be reimbursed, I took a Taxi. According to their email instruction, I submitted my Taxi bill ($40 two way). I got a reply, with no courtesy at all for the time I invested for this interview, telling me multiple times that I was a local candidate & will not be reimbursed at all, with a rude tone.

I really dont care about the outcome of the interview, as long as the candidate experience is good. I myself take at-least 2 interviews per week & take utmost care to give the candidates the best overall experience.

Also the HR was not even courteous to tell me the outcome of the interview, which i felt was very rude. I got to know from a different person.

I strongly suggest Cirrus Logic to not misguide the (local) candidates by sending explicit instruction about reimbursement & then deny it, it looks very bad on your part. Please convey these policy nuances before the interview, so that the candidates can properly plan their logistics.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. The interview questions were typical Testing questions with emphasis on embedded systems.   2 Answers

Cirrus Logic Response

26 Mar 2019 – Corporate Communications Publisher

Please accept our apologies for the disconnect regarding transportation costs. Please contact our Staffing Manager at 512-851-4575 so we can make sure you’re reimbursed for these expenses.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked about the dc dc converter design such as Buck loop compensation, current sensing, flyback design and analysis, and IC design knowledge, Audio experience and background, DSP , signal processing methods, A/D converter. More in applications and less in IC design area.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

It's not a easy process.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial contact via recruiter. Very open and helpful HR at company. Interview was mixture of personal and technical - they really want to make sure that the person is a good fit for the company culture as well as being technically competent. Company was extremely supportive during job transition time where I was unable to work for several months

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - I was keen to get job. They added a bit more on top of the initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a telephonic interview for a data converter design position. I had a telephonic interview prior to this where my base band analog skills were tested, this interview was focused more on signal processing basics.

Interview Questions

• S to Z domains transfer functions, Aliasing (4 Khz sampled with 5 Khz signal), how to substitute a resistor with a switch capacitor ckt, sigma delata ADC basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

2 round phone interviews. One general interview from a senior engineer. And the other specific interview asking about projects on the resume. Indeed they value the basics of the circuit instead of many fancy things. Spent two weeks waiting for the final decision. In conclusion, it is a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then they invited me for an interview, and they asked for references. My references had to fill in a questionnaire about me, before the on site interview. The on site interview was postponed once without explanation.
    Cirrus had their travel agency arrange the flights between the SF Bay Area where I live and Austin. Although there are direct flights between Silicon Valley and Austin the travel agency didn't book direct flights (and they also don't do that for Cirrus employees I've heard.) The travel agency also booked the hotel and a rental car.

Cirrus gave me a map which indicated 3 places where I could park the car, the parking garage for visitors (which was already full at 8.15AM) and two parking lots, of which one turned out not to have places for Cirrus Logic employees/visitors anymore.
    I first had a talk with their recruiter in a meeting room and after that I was escorted from interviewer to interviewer. I came back to that meeting room a few times.
    It was a surprise to some of the interviewers that they had to do an interview, I even heard one interviewer exclaim 'O no'.
    I was asked to bring extra resumes, that turned out to be necessary. Most interviewers had my resume on screen but in one case the interviewer was not able to pull my resume up so I had to give him one of the resumes I brought.

Interview Questions

• Can you derive the formula for the voltage of a bandgap?   Answer Question
    • Draw the cross section of a MOST
      and some questions about the charge in the channel and the effect of the voltage on the drain   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in May 2012.

Interview

applied through company website, phone screen with hiring manager. The process took 1 month. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2013.The interview was all about basic analog and digital signal processing concept questions

Interview Questions

• bandgap, amplifiers,discreet time signal, SD A/D converters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

pretty standard with phone interview and then onsite one on one interview. some of the interviewers were good and some where like time pass. questions asked were simple and were opamp bases and dsp questions. some questions were also on ESD protraction and latch ups. Some on delta sigma mod. functionality

Interview Questions

• draw folded cascode opamp and if the input voltage increases, tell what will happen to each node voltage and current in each transistor.   1 Answer
    • spectrum of digital signal and what will happen with upsample the signal   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.