Cirrus Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Cirrus Logic

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

2 Phone screens followed by onsite. I found their interview process to be apt and extracts the best out of the candidate. 1 phone screen is more of behavioral and another one is take home project follwed on explanation and other DSP questions

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Telephonic with simple questions about yourself and previous projects and few simple questions on algorithms also some questions based on past experience, team work, issues within team -> Technical round with questions on algorithms-> HR -> onsite interview

Interview Questions

• about the projects that you worked on, some scenario based questions and technical(easy algorithms)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was pretty typical: Phone screen -> Coding Assessment -> Phone Interview -> On Site Interview. The on site was a lengthy gauntlet of back to back sessions with various team members. Be ready to cover all the usual HR and personal experience questions, as well as several hours on whiteboard algorithms, system design, etc.

The people were all quite friendly and professional, and Cirrus feels like a solid company that understands the value of investing in its employees. Immediately after completing the interview process, I felt that everything had gone well. Unfortunately, I was not selected for the position. Given the competitive nature of RD at places like this, I was neither surprised nor offended by their decision, but I was greatly dismayed by the way they told me.

Rather than hearing from anyone I had spoken to throughout the interview process, or receiving any sort of personal feedback, and without a modicum of consolation, they informed me that they wouldn't be moving forward with an extremely brief "Thanks for your interest.." message from an auto emailer. I reached out personally to the hiring manager and politely requested feedback, but they simply did not respond. I'm hard pressed to believe that Cirrus is what it appeared to be on the surface, a company with integrity that values its people, given the disgraceful treatment of those outside of their employ.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a boxes and arrows portion where you're asked to design a system based on N requirements   Answer Question

Embedded Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in November 2019.

Interview

Worst Interview Experience Ever.
    Hiring Manager should know how to take an interview. He asked the most random questions like "what's the difference between I2C and SPI and number of data lines? what are the fundamentals of OOPS?". Ended up not hearing back after that interview and am glad I didn't

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Its a phone call interview for 45min. It started with questions on projects in my resume. It continued with technical questions on verification methods. The third step of the phone call interview is the interviewer told about his team and company.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

1 round of phone screen where general design questions on low power, sta were asked
    Then onsite interview had 5 rounds. A lot of questions on clock tree, constraints and low power were asked

DSP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview

Recruiter, then phone interview, then onsite interview. The interview took a full day with more than five groups of people. Each group had two people. We had lunch with everyone.

Software DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Tempe, AZ (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I had applied online and few weeks later, I got an email for setting up an initial screening or background check kind of phone call schedules within a week. They seem to be GPA centric and that I believe was the reason it didn't proceed ahead.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

45 minute phone screen - focus on technical aspects of program management. Interviewer briefly described the job & dove into his (ill-structured) screening questions. He asked if I had any questions, but declined to answer most. If an offer had been made (it wasn't), I would have declined.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you create a plan for a time-constrained project?   Answer Question

Software Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

2 Phone Screen and 6 face to face in Onsite Interview. All technical interviews went well, most of the times I got instant feedback saying they liked my answers.

The interaction with HR did not go well. I was sent an email about instructions for Onsite interview, which clearly stated that I will be expensed for my travel, (which is a very standard practice). I was a local candidate & the interview was pretty early in the morning, to accommodate the schedule for people interviewing from UK & since their office was in the middle of Downtown area which is prone to peak traffic (& I had not slept much the night before preparing for Interview), assuming that I will be reimbursed, I took a Taxi. According to their email instruction, I submitted my Taxi bill ($40 two way). I got a reply, with no courtesy at all for the time I invested for this interview, telling me multiple times that I was a local candidate & will not be reimbursed at all, with a rude tone.

I really dont care about the outcome of the interview, as long as the candidate experience is good. I myself take at-least 2 interviews per week & take utmost care to give the candidates the best overall experience.

Also the HR was not even courteous to tell me the outcome of the interview, which i felt was very rude. I got to know from a different person.

I strongly suggest Cirrus Logic to not misguide the (local) candidates by sending explicit instruction about reimbursement & then deny it, it looks very bad on your part. Please convey these policy nuances before the interview, so that the candidates can properly plan their logistics.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. The interview questions were typical Testing questions with emphasis on embedded systems.   2 Answers

Cirrus Logic Response

26 Mar 2019 – Corporate Communications Publisher

Please accept our apologies for the disconnect regarding transportation costs. Please contact our Staffing Manager at 512-851-4575 so we can make sure you’re reimbursed for these expenses.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.