Creative Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Creative Support Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2017

Mental Health Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Support.

Interview

At first there was a written test based on personal attributes with industry related questions at the end based on a case study. Second part was a group interview also based on a case study

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Support in August 2017.

Interview

Welcoming, friendly and fair. From the beginning I was put at ease. The interview was basically set at the pace in how I responded and the panel as recruiters did their best to get the best responses out of me. As a recruiter myself but in the position of interviewee I felt the attention and focus given to me was proportional in all aspects of recruitment.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to the job and the experience I could bring and encouraged me to answer in my own words. I knew then they wanted to hear from me and not the automatic jargon. This was important for me to hear, because I knew they were genuinely interested in hearing from me.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockport, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Support (Stockport, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel of three people, who all took turns answering questions. Quite formal but was made to feel very relaxed. The DBS form before the interview took a long time to complete, would reccomend writing down housing history in advance if its complicated.

Interview Questions

• Tell us abit about your employment history   1 Answer

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockport, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Support (Stockport, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview with a panel of 3 , put at ease well conducted interview covering number of questions to do with the person specification. Able to get across my personality in the interview. Disappointing that I have not been told the outcome of the interview after taking the trouble to attend in Stockport.

Admin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Support (Birmingham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. They were expecting a lot of experience and skills but offering very little pay. I was asked nine scenario based questions. Contract job, uncertainty over whether they'd keep you on after the nine months. They need to offer a fair salary to people and not just pennies above the minimum wage. This is unprofessional and they can only expect a high staff turnover.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a member of a team who wasn't doing their full share of work?   Answer Question

PR, Marketing and Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Support (Manchester, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long, considering the low salary.
    I applied and was selected to attend a group interview. In the group interview, there were ten of us (quite a large number!) and we broke off into two groups. We were given 8 descriptions of videos, and had to to detail how we could gain publicity for each one. We then fed back to the group.
    Strangely, we then had to fill out essentially another application form again, independently. We were only given 20 minutes to do this, and the interviewer was pressurizing us all to hurry up and finish writing every so often. It was a very lengthy form-we had to describe why we wanted the role, what experience we had etc. Unsure why as I had already done this in my initial application form! Some of the questions in this form were unusual, and did not allow people to show themselves in the best light. E.g. Name three weaknesses? (one would be fair enough but three?!?! ) Name something that would affect your ability to do this role (I wouldn't have applied if I thought I couldn't do the role?)
    We then moved on to do an independent proof reading task. This made more sense for the job role, proof reading a letter. We had half an hour to do this.

IF we were successful at group interview, we'd then be invited to a second interview! (I wasn't)

Overall, I found the interview to be very full on indeed! I felt that from the off we were under a great deal of time pressure, and by the end my hands were aching because we had to do so much writing! I thought filling in another application form was pointless, and I thought considering some of the ten of us had traveled far to be at the GROUP interview, we should have done more group work.

In every other PR role that I have applied for, they have been for higher salaries, and have involved a simple individual interview, with a press release writing task. Unlike every other interview I have attended, Creative Support have not provided any interview feedback.

Waking Nights Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Support (Stockport, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Very intense interview with written questions after initial interview but very friendly team.Would say it is good for support worker roles to be offered with no experience so it gets the best caring people in the profession of support working roles.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a service user out of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Blackburn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Creative Support (Blackburn, England) in January 2017.

Interview

This review is for the first round of interviews, which are Group interviews with 12 other candidates. We had 20 mins to answer questions individually on a service user case study, ie how we would identify that person's strengths, weaknesses and support needs; how might we put in place a support plan to help the service user accomplish their goals (ie living independently away from home, financial management, finding and maintaining personal relationships, support with personal care etc). During this time, we also had to answer questions about our own strengths, weaknesses, and the kinds of interests we had. After a short break we were given another case study and asked to discuss our answers as a group. The interview lasted approx 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q: What personal weaknesses do you think might impact on your effectiveness as a support worker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camden Town, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Support (Camden Town, England) in November 2016.

Interview

*This review if just for the first interview of the two interview process*
    The first interview is a 'group discussion'. This is a 2 hour interview and they seem to forget to tell you this so prepare for a lengthy session. The first hour is all about writing. You have 25 minutes to fill out a packet of questions all about you and another packet about your personalities. The second packet is used to match you up with a service user in the event that you are selected for the position. Be aware of time! I personally did not have the time to finish the section about myself and was forced to hand in the packet when only half of the questions were answered. Following this you get a case study and have 25 minutes to answer 4 questions regarding the case study. This was enough time to complete the all the questions. The next hour is about the case study you all just read. There are about 10 questions (different than the written questions) in which you all discuss what you would do in each scenario.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 weaknesses that would hinder your success in this role at Creative Support   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Support (Manchester, England) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an online application process, following which i was invited to a group interview at headquarters. There were about 8 others in the group interview, it was easy to get drowned out when speaking about the scenarios they told us. They encourage everyone to talk. I managed to speak, but i'd probably suggest trying to input information at every round. There was a section of this interview where you had to fill in a form of questions for twenty minutes.The group interview lasted about an hour and a half.
    I was then emailed that i had progressed from the group interview and invited to another interview in the residential house i would be working in. This interview lasted for an hour and included being asked questions by a service user.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for creative support? Why would you be right for this role?   Answer Question
    • How would you maintain the needs of the service user during personal care?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.