Creative Support Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 161 reviews

2.5
Creative Support CEO Anna Lunts
Anna Lunts
Pros
  • "The service users can be challenging at times but there's never a dull moment(in 68 reviews)

• "Most Support workers motivated and hard working(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "If your thinking of going to work for creative support I want have another think about it honestly(in 31 reviews)

• "Meaning that sometimes when you are supporting the Service Users in communities where you need an ID, it can make things very difficult(in 30 reviews)

1. "A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations Senior Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Develop staff, grow talent internally, offer good renumeration, diverse, excellent training opportunities, a great senior team

Cons

I can't suggest any at present

Creative Support2019-08-12
  2. "Very good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Support Worker in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great tenants Great managements team Great colleagues

Cons

Not much to say here

Creative Support2019-07-28
  3. "Ok"

Current Employee - Mental Health Support Worker in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff work as a team

Cons

Rotas not the best and dont know from one week to another

Advice to Management

Support staff more

Creative Support2019-08-13

"Creative support what support ?"

Current Employee - Care Support Worker in Manchester, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not many the company isn't great but the people whom I work with are fantastic salt of the earth but cannot say the same for the company

Cons

Creative Support great for SU's they let them abuse the staff on a daily basis even though there is supposed to be a zero tolerance but hey it's only the staff no staff perks the staff have to organise and pay for them there selfs if you go out with clients you are employed by the company but are only allowed £5.00 for dinner and £8.00 for tea where can you buy a meal out for that price we end up adding to it..., it's not fair no wonder they cannot get staff most projects are running solidly on Agency Workers if they gave the staff the price they pay for agency as overtime more people would be willing to stay you arrive in work to find you are on single cover and they tell you you are not allowed to be on single cover it's a nightmare you cannot have a day off because of staffing levels are so poor.Its a real mess I wouldn't recommend them even if that person was desperate.

Advice to Management

Give the staff more staff perks paid days out paid for Christmas party and taxis on bank holidays over Christmas and new years instead of lining your own pockets first it's your staff team that are what your company is about if there not happy You will have problems keeping them

Creative Support2019-08-17

"Creative Support"

Current Employee - Mental Health Support Worker in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Equality and Diversity is valued amongst staff . Interesting to meet a wide variety of people who are interested in mental health and are genuinely invested in it .

Cons

Poor staff support around staffing levels and meeting the hours required at projects . Pay could be better to encourage regular staff to stay and reduce the need for agency staff.

Advice to Management

Offer bank and regular staff an increased hourly rate (even by 50p more an hour ) to cover unmet hours rather than paying exhorbitant amounts for agency staff .

Creative Support2019-06-23

July 9, 2019Communications Officer

Thank you for your long service and for taking the time to write a review. We are always looking at innovative ways of working and welcome your feedback.

"Do Not go there!!"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Leeds, South East England, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

Absolutely disgusting company who do not care about their staff Bullying within the work place is allowed to go on and unpunished Services are run for staff and not service users Staff sit all day gossiping about other staff and service users Never worked for such a disgusting company in my life

Advice to Management

Start caring about your staff

Creative Support2019-07-18

July 23, 2019Communications Officer

The people we support are at the heart of all we do. You raise some serious issues about the quality of the service where you worked. We would be grateful if you could contact us at head office so we can address the concerns you raise.

"Worst experience ever"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Birmingham, England

I worked at Creative Support full-time for less than a year

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Horrible lying management that treat people with little respect. I was lied to by my line manager who gave me wrong shifts which made me have to stay inside the property for the service users sake and then he lied about it and then made the service user lie and told his manager I swore at the service user which lead to me leaving. Was awful experience to be in and to not even be given a chance and for them to listen... to lies was just shocking. The line manager was very manipulative and was so rude to me inside the home he literally verbally abused me and got away with it. I would never ever recommended this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Sort out your management who are nothing more than bullies and have a better procedure for new starters and give them shadow shifts rather than throw them in at the deep in which leads to lies and shifts not being given out properly.

Creative Support2019-07-19

July 23, 2019Communications Officer

We understand that working in care is not for everyone and we're sorry to hear the position did not turn out to be right for you. We pride ourselves in ensuring new staff have the support and training they need to carry out their roles effectively. Last year we provided more than ...

"Love the job"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Kirkby, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in health and social care for 9 years and been in my current job for a year. It's the best job I have had. The service users can be challenging at times but there's never a dull moment. 99% of the staff are lovely and work well together as a team (there's always a couple who moan about everything,) The seniors, manager and area manager are all hands on and are helpful and very supportive (never used see... a manager in my last job). Pay is above minimum wage and we get 5 weeks holidays and other benefits rewards. It's a nice place to work and I love my job.

Cons

Maybe recognition scheme for staff who never off sick?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Creative Support2019-05-27

June 11, 2019Communications Officer

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the organisation. It's lovely to read your positive comments about how you love your job and enjoy working for Creative Support.

"Poor company to work for"

Current Employee - Support Worker
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Creative Support full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff and service users l work with.

Cons

Staff at Head office need to get their act together, especially Payroll.

Advice to Management

Employ staff at Head office who can actually do the job they are supposed to.

Creative Support2019-07-04

July 9, 2019Communications Officer

Thank you for your commitment to Creative Support over the last ten years and thanking you for taking the time to write a review. Please do get in touch so we can help rectify any issue you may have with Payroll.

10. "Mixed bag. Could be a lot more caring and professional !"

Current Employee - Bank in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Creative Support part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is always work available

Cons

It is easy to lose holiday pay because of all the regulations. Just pay it at the end of the period like other companies do

Advice to Management

Operate a fair holiday payment system. Try to generate good will. Long service awards ? Moy not apply !!!

Creative Support2019-06-04

June 11, 2019Communications Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear you feel there was a mistake in your holiday pay. Please contact payroll so this can be rectified.

Found 161 reviews