Creative Support Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.6
Creative Support Chief Executive Anna Lunts
Anna Lunts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Lovely service users who make this job very rewarding" (in 66 reviews)

• "Creative support has been very successful in encouraging their service users to achieve their own full potential and live indenpendent" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "If your thinking of going to work for creative support I want have another think about it honestly" (in 29 reviews)

• "it's left to the staff who have cared for these service users To pick up the pieces" (in 29 reviews)

1. "Great organisation"

I have been working at Creative Support full-time

Pros

Lovely staff, great ethos, trying their best

Cons

The organisation gets a lot of flack from support workers, but you'll find these problems in all other organisations and companies in the care sector.

3 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're pleased to hear you enjoy working for Creative Support and value our ethos.

2. "Support worker"

I worked at Creative Support part-time

Pros

Good training, good colleagues and management

Cons

sometimes a lack of communication

22 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

We're pleased to hear you felt the training we offer was good and you had a positive experience working with your colleagues and management. We value your feed back about communication. Whilst on... More

3. "Financial administrator"

Former Employee - Financial Administrator in Stockport, England
    Former Employee - Financial Administrator in Stockport, England

I worked at Creative Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start your career

Cons

The pay is poor and not equal

Advice to Management

Pay the same job equally

22 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a not-for-profit organisation, where many of our pay rates are set by local authorities, we understand there can be issues around pay. However... More

"Service manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Creative Support full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive to an extent
    Flexible working hours
    The service users and staff teams I worked with

Cons

For 10+ years I was happy I my role however there were many issues I can who against in the last few years. Communication from the exec team was a big issue.
    I worked up and down the country being as supported and committed as I could and got no thanks in the for going above and beyond.
    Payroll has always been an issue and will never change until the systems are all electronic.
    The hard work goes unnoticed even that if the support staff
    Other managers don't know what they are doing and big mistakes get covered up rather than accountability for those that do wrong including the exec team.
    High agency use effects morale, efficiency and continuity of care.
    Training is not refreshed as a priority for senior managers as they know everything.
    The company expands in areas they know nothing about.

Advice to Management

Invest in those that are committed to delivering the best service and not those that cover up the truth. Managers are supposed to mange not lie to Make themselves look good!

8 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

Thank you for committing to Creative Support for the last 10 years and for taking the time to write a review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed working with the service users and your staff teams. We... More

"Yet another payroll complaint"

Former Employee - Mental Health Support Worker in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Mental Health Support Worker in Liverpool, England

I worked at Creative Support part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great service users, training isn't too bad i suppose, I've had good seniors at the two sites i was based at.

Cons

Seriously how many times are you jokers going to lose staff because of the payroll department?
    There's only so many times you can say we do everything we can to support our staff before you start looking like a laughing stock. I have literally just resigned today 24/12/18 because it's taken 10 days, multiple phone calls, emails and me threatening legal action just to get the money i was owed.
    Yes yes i know whoever replies will say the time sheets came late, that's a cop out, it's a known go to excuse for payroll to dodge responsibility for their screw ups and it's not the first time it's happened to me either.
    I'm genuinely gutted because i was enjoying the job a lot, but i refuse to be treated like a mug. The last time i called, i was put on hold then on to a voice mail line, all because they didn't want to have an awkward conversation. It's my colleagues at the service i work with i feel bad for as i was meant to be working over new year and now I'm not, this is going to put them under unnecessary pressure.

For whatever reason no one seems to want deal with the payroll departments incompetence, maybe they're too pally with certain managers or something along those lines, but this is obviously just speculation.
    This company will bleed decent people until higher management wake up and deal with the constant mess ups and excuses from payroll, and the fact that it's still not being addressed proves they just don't care, i suppose it's ok as long your pay from behind your comfy desk is correct eh guy's and girls?

Advice to Management

Get a grip, deal with payroll, if front line staff weren't doing thier job right they'd be gone, so why bury your heads in the sand?

3 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

Thank you for raising the issues you experienced around payroll. We will investigate them thoroughly but are confident they could have been resolved. We're sorry you felt it necessary to resign from... More

"Night concierge"

Former Employee - Night Concierge in Widnes, England
    Former Employee - Night Concierge in Widnes, England

I worked at Creative Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for overtime is the only pro.

Cons

Lack of support to staff, unprofessional management, ill desicion making and staff drink alcohol on site (including deputy line managers), as well as condoning the use of drugs by residents, ridiculous hours of work, and staff usually come in late making you wait usually up to thirty mins frequently, and they say they reimburse additional costs to be placed at bolton services but in reality thats a lie.

Advice to Management

Need to re-assess all levels of management and staffing.

8 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

‘You make some serious allegations. These have been investigated thoroughly and have been found to be groundless. Our managers are well-trained professionals who work tirelessly to support our... More

"Managers are a nightmare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scunthorpe, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scunthorpe, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Waiting to see their downfall.

Cons

Minimum pay for a lot of responsibility. No sick pay, so support workers come in sick and spread their germs around. Wages are often wrong and support workers aren't allowed to contact wages themselves, as they are "only" support workers! So you have to nag a manager to contact wages on your behalf. Management are uncaring and arrogant. They promote their friends, attempt to have affairs with other managers. They suspend support staff on a whim. They try to rule through fear, but they only pay minimum wage so staff just leave. They penny pinch on everything. They don't provide correct training or provide the right tools to do the job properly. Not professional. Staff are physically and mentally suffering.

Advice to Management

No point in giving any advice to management, they just don't care. They just want their big pay cheque.

3 Jan 2019 – Communications Officer

We're sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with Creative Support. We are an Investor’s in People (Silver award) accredited company. We employ 5,600 staff supporting 7,000 people and... More

"Lovely Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England

I have been working at Creative Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people - The team I work in at Head Office are lovely, I enjoy coming to work and one of the main reasons is because of the people. They are brilliant!

The Experience- I have gained invaluable experience in my chosen field due to the size of the company and the variety of the work.

The Mission - Promoting the independence, inclusion and well being of people with support needs. What the company are trying to achieve is great.

Flexible - Management do what they can to support employees with flexible working and a work/ life balance.

CEO- The CEO Anna is so committed to Creative Support and is always available to speak to. Anna gets involved in every aspect of the company and is very hands on.

Cons

The Payroll Department - There are far too many issues that need resolving in the payroll department. Employees cannot get through to the payroll team via telephone and its not acceptable.

Timesheets - There are too many issues with processing timesheets that cause pay issues. New ideas are needed to resolve this as management spend their valuable time chasing timesheets.

Wages- I appreciate that CS is a not for profit charitable organisation however the jobs that Support Workers are expected to undertake needs to be reflected in the pay.

Retention- The company relies too much on agency staff and needs to invest in its recruitment process and retaining its valuable employees. There are too many employees recruited that are not well matched to job roles.

Advice to Management

Continue with the great job that you do!

Change the payroll/ timesheet system

Invest in recruitment

Stop relying on agency staff and invest in your employees

30 Oct 2018 – Communications Officer

Thank you for taking the time to raise these important issues. It’s good to know you enjoy coming into work and have gained valuable experience working with us. We’re sorry to hear you have had... More

9. "Worked here nearly 10 years"

I have been working at Creative Support full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Always busy, lots of opportunities for development, friendly atmosphere, interesting work

Cons

Can be really really busy sometimes, but i would hate to be bored

30 Oct 2018 – Communications Officer

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We’re delighted your experience at Creative Support has been a positive one and we hope you stay with the organisation for many years to come.

"Stay away from this company!"

Former Employee - Community Support Worker in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Community Support Worker in Manchester, England

I worked at Creative Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The service users are amazing and they keep you going.

Cons

Management treat staff like dirt. If your face doesn't fit they will treat you terribly.
    There is a huge blame culture within this organisation and management will try to blame staff when things go wrong.
    They discriminated against me due to my mental health problems.
    Payroll consistently mess up your pay and take a long time to rectify their mistakes.
    Huge workload for terrible pay.
    I hardly ever had a lunch break but they always took half an hour a day from my wages!
    Management bully staff members that do not agree with everything they say.
    No support for staff experiencing difficulties.
    Promotion is based on who management like and not who is best for the job.
    A truly horrible organisation. Please do not take a job up with this company and do not let them "care" for your loved ones. They are an awful company!

Advice to Management

Treat staff with respect them they might stay!
    Stop discriminating against staff and service users.

30 Oct 2018 – Communications Officer

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed working with our service users – they are at the heart of all we do. We do all in our power to ensure staff feel valued and supported and we’re sorry to hear that you... More