Datasite Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Datasite Interview Questions

Interviews at Datasite

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Datasite.

Interview

For external applicants, there are phone screenings. Then if you are chosen as a potential candidate, there is a possible call back, then a live interview in office. There are usually a few leads from the IT department, including QA and the DEV team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datasite.

Interview

I had one in person interview with two people. It was an unpleasant interview. They asked to tell them how I would explain the role to a friend which seemed unfair considering the extremely bland and generic information I was able to find when researching the role online.

Interview Questions

• Can you teach me how to fix this TV without us being able to see the same thing?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain this role to a friend?   Answer Question

Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datasite (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

First I received a call from the recruiter, who game me the typical initial non-technical screening. Then there was a technical interview with a tech lead who asked me various iOS Development/Swift related questions .Finally I was invited on site for an interview where there was one whiteboarding/architecture interview, and several other non technical interviews.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Datasite (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The on-site interview was a series of 2-person panels interviewing me, which is really odd - I've never experienced this before. I don't know if it's standard or if staff were just busy. Several interviewers were doing other work on laptops or tablets during the interview, and others were quite condescending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used data to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Datasite.

Interview

Very disorganized process that changed last minute on what time and who I met with. Most interviewers could have cared less about interviewing me, mostly asking questions then looking at their computers or tablets and becoming distracted. It wasn’t clear what they even wanted for the role.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Datasite (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process was quite awful.

I will say that the recruiter that I worked with was great, and enjoyed speaking with her.

When I was asked to come on site, the process took a turn for the worse. I only found out who I'd be speaking with the evening before I arrived. The hiring manager was out of the country, and the folks he arranged for me to interview with were all on the product team.

Interview #1. A younger person on the team, although seemed very knowledgeable. He had his laptop open THE ENTIRE TIME, and as I was answering the questions he asked he would frequently look at his laptop and smirk and chuckle.

Interview #2. She was 20 minutes late, but I very much enjoyed our conversations.

Interview #3. He was the most senior person I interviewed with, but was apparently having a bad day and felt the need to take it out on me. I felt like I was being interrogated by the Secret Service, and when I failed to instantly produce a piece of information that he thought I should have memorized, had a smirk on his face for the remainder of the interview.

After 4 emails to the recruiter following the interview with ZERO response, I have given up on them.

Interview Questions

• Q: I have this impossible product development related issue. Solve it for me.   1 Answer

XBRL Financial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minn City, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datasite (Minn City, MN (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interview. One with HR and one with XBRL manager. Each 30 minutes long. Basic behavioral questions and the interviewers were really friendly. Just know what really XBRL is and what is its use in today's financial reporting compliance requirements. Make sure to be able to describe them how you are planning to use your accounting knowledge in XBRL.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time where you were faced with difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datasite (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Most of the people that go to interview there are internal referral. That happened with me. I tried to apply many times for the same position with no luck. A person that I know then referred me and I a HR person called me for a normal resume screen on the phone. Just basic questions. She then sent me an email inviting for the interview at the company with some supervisors. From the moment I walked in the room I noticed they already had someone in mind to hire. Basic questions. They did not show any interest in my answers. Asked me to explain how to do something. Could be anything. Then took me for a computer test which I am sure I did great.

IT Risk/Governance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Datasite (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by face-to-face with the hiring manager, an EVP who seemed a bit scattered. She confirmed the basic requirements of the position (she read off the job description that was available online); I asked questions like "Pretend I'm a potential customer. Why should I hire Merrill vs. one of your competitors?" This tripped her up for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic...nothing but softballs.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Datasite.

Interview

Standard Interview they just want to know you're motivated and looking to make $ and to verify your credentials. Interviewed with two hiring managers who took somewhat of a good cop/bad cop approach

Interview Questions

• If you could choose between a trophy and $1000 which would you choose   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.