Diageo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Diageo Interview Questions

Interviews at Diageo

3.1

Brand Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diageo in October 2020.

Interview

Received an email from HR inviting me to interview, and then I had a 30-min interview over Zoom with a Brand Finance Manager; did not make it to the next round

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Diageo?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with Excel & financial modeling?   Answer Question
    • How would you get people to cooperate with you/help you out when you need it? (How do you work with difficult people?)   Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

After a cultural fit test, I participated in an online interview they ask you to analyze data and articles and make a recommendation with the given date among other questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about and how have you influenced others   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and one other colleague but I was an internal candidate. In general, the hiring process at Diageo takes a LONG time and they don't care about filling roles quickly. They are more concerned with the overhead savings generated by not filling roles.

Interview Questions

• What experience (in sales) is applicable to the role you're applying for.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Diageo seems like a good company with interesting roles. They really need to work with their recruiters on candidate experience because it’s awful. I witnessed this first hand and a former colleague had the exact same experience recently. Recruiters don’t close loops. They interview you and they never circle back with next steps. They do not look to build relationships yet rather are transactional in their approach. Additionally they never respond to emails inquiring about next steps. Multiple emails. I personally had the hiring manager say they wanted to move forward and then the next round was never scheduled and I never received a response on the various emails I sent to the recruiter inquiring. It was disappointing. Recruiters that ghost are at the forefront of why job searching is frustrating and creates such a negative impression on a company brand. Overall I really hope TA will focus on this issue as if I experienced it, a friend did with a different recruiter you can bet this happens frequently for roles in Plainfield. As an HR professional of 15 years this was disappointing yet sadly not surprising.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone screen and then in person. the recruiter was not very friendly ( wouldn't answer questions, sarcasm in some responses) and one of the interviewers appeared angry and was fidgeting and seemed like they needed to leave. I have mad skills and experience at 3 fortune 100 companies so i don't think the frustration had anything to do with me.
     interview was less than 30 minutes.
    Company is in a rush rush rush to fill this position. Why?
    All in All: bad vibe, gorgeous offices.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work history. talk about your packaging experience. Describe a challenging project.   Answer Question

Global Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

Applied online and immediately was asked to fill out a personality questionnaire that included scenario questions. Once finished, they sent a results form to provide information about yourself based on your answers to questions. Then was selected for HireVue interview which contained pretty standard questions and 2 case studies based on diagrams and consumer information. Was kinda difficult to see what you typed based on structure

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a challenge or change and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

The initial assessment focuses on situational questions where you have to rate the different things you would do in those situations. If selected this is followed by a digital interview which can be taken within a week from your application submission.

Interview Questions

• The initial assessment focuses on situational questions where you have to rate the different things you would do in those situations.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online got an e-mail asking me my availability for a phone interview. Had the call with a recruiter from the company it was pretty straight forward then she asked if I would be willing to come in for a interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• A difficult situation you dealt with in the workplace and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

One of the most unprofessional interview experiences that I've ever had. The recruiter was our right RUDE, and very unprofessional. Just to set the background, it was the recruiter who reached out to me based on my profile, however on the call her first question was - why are you looking to move?

Interview Questions

• Recruiter did not give a chance to talk about my background and jumped right into the reasons of leaving previous jobs in reverse chronological order. After grilling. she asked on visa status and as soon as she heard I am on an H1b visa, she disconnected. Very unprofessional behavior and not something that you expect from someone hiring for executive roles. Diageo should specifically mention in their ads that they seek ONLY US CITIZENS OR GREENCARD HOLDERS.   Answer Question

Diageo Response

12 Aug 2018 – Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for taking the time to write to us. Your feedback on the interview process has been noted and will help us improve. We wish you the best of luck in your future career. Kind regards, Sue.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (Plainfield, IL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

First, there was a Hirevue video interview. Standard questions you have to record yourself answering. Very awkward and discouraging if you have no one to ask to rephrase or clarify a question.
    I was then interviewed by 3 employees in a group interview. Standard interview questions but it felt more like an interrogation rather than a conversation.
    No response from anyone after the interview. I sent thank you emails to the hiring manager, and to HR. I waited 2 weeks to ask for an update to see if they chose another candidate or were still deciding. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

Diageo Response

19 Aug 2018 – Social Media Team

Hi and thanks for leaving us your feedback on your interview, which will help us improve. We wish you the best of luck and hope you find what you're looking for. Best regards, Sue.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.