Diageo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Nov 2018

3.1

Sort:

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (Miami, FL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very detailed interview about your background, your skills, your aspirations. Examples of your previous achievements, failures, how did you manage to overcome difficulties, etc. Special emphasis on how to manage projects and how to influence people.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diageo (East Lansing, MI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First round interview with two current employees as a preliminary screening of a candidate. Interview only lasted about 30 minutes asking very general questions about resume and work experience. Was not a direct interview, but very vague and had no direction. Then is a second round interview at facility

Spec Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (Plainfield, IL (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward phone screen. The current position interview was pretty short as my resume had been forwarded from my interview a month back. No odd ball questions but just experience about SAP questions. Previous product background with liquids and frozen foods helped with my current interview. The first interview was in December so all in all, it took a month even though the second interviewer came back in a week to hire me. This, of course, doesn't include the 2 week background check, so one can add 3 weeks to the one month from December 2013 interview.

Negotiation

contract position so the pay is low. I took it to gain experience in databases as my old company is moving to a different state.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Extremely lengthy process which lasted 5 months. My main HR contact turned out to be sketchy and disconnected from what was going on. Really was
    not a good people person. I was handed off to 2-3 different HR people throughout the time but somehow I had to deal with this main woman who was more focused on promoting herself on LinkedIn than anything. I made it pretty far and had another offer with another company. I immediately let her know but she could care less and did not seem to think it was time critical. She eventually called me back wanting to set up time for another call later in the week without getting I was going to take another job if they were not prepared to offer me anything. She ruined my experience. Most of the people in the office seemed good but HR missed the mark by a lot. Not good when that's the face of the company.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diageo (Roswell, GA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Received phone call from H.R to schedule an appointment, interview itself consisted of 2 and then 2 people from the business interviewing me. Basic interview questions, asked about my resume to expand on certain experiences and that was basically it.

Never got a call back, I have a feeling it was due to my school schedule

Interview Questions

• If you walk into a liquor store to count the bottles unsold, but the clerk is screaming at you to leave, what do you do?   4 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Overall positive many meetings multiple visits With all key stakeholders on the team I would be working with then with senior management for final interview
    No feedback along the way just interviews scheduled not sure if you are competing or lead candidate

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diageo (Napa, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred through an employee. HR called me within a day or two and was very excited about my experience, talked about the culture at Diageo and how they believed in promoting from within, investing in their people, great benefits, etc. We were mutually excited and I was scheduled to meet with 4 individuals for an hour each. One of the women in particular was very aggressive in her interview style mentioning that there was a lot of "red tape", that I would have to be "aggressive" in order to do my job successfully and basically trying to discourage me from the position. I left the interview thinking job aside, I did not want to work with that person. HR then stalled for over a week on follow-up and it wasn't until the person that referred me contacted me that I found out the real story. This woman was threatened by me (by experience and looks) yet her reasoning was that I did not "send a follow up thank you" which would have been the professional thing to do. Totally ridiculous. I am glad I did not get the job - too many politics and turnover.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Diageo (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very organized. For me, It began with a phone interview that outlined the job expectations and more about the company. The first time, it was more about describing what you'd be getting into (I had an employee who sent them a reference letter but I think there are usually two phone interviews). The next interview (face to face) was very professionally friendly, like a meet and greet. They asked questions that were specific to the job and it was like open conversation format. I had been used to interviewing as more of a question and answer process, but this was better and I regret not speaking more about myself and leading the conversation (where it's usually the other way around). Depending on the position, I had 6 people interviewing me, and I was SO nervous but they made me feel really good about myself and comfortable. Even though I didn't get the job, I have no hostility towards them or the company(s) because of how real and nice everyone was. Everything happens for a reason!

Interview Questions

• The usual "Tell us about yourself" "Why would you be a good fit for this position" "What motivates you to overcome challenges" A lot of it was just them describing certain things you'd have to do on the job and then following up with "So, how do you feel about that" To prepare, I suggest reading the job's duties and making sure you have something to say about each point how you can accomplish or fulfill it.   Answer Question

Maintenance Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo in July 2015.

Interview

Diageo uses Hireview in my opinion it just weeds out the older blue collar workers. The Questions didn't even pertain to the job. It is a very cold process you never talk to anyone until you sit in front of a camera and answer questions to a computer not even a facetime.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There is a first online aptitude/personality test before the CV and motivational letter screening. I did this some days ago but I'm still waiting for an answer. It should take some time I suppose.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.