Dunelm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dunelm Interview Questions

Updated 10 Dec 2017

2.6

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

It was a group interview with several stages, including a formal face to face interview with the typical interview questions (why do you want to work for us etc.) a product knowledge task, where you had to find items in the store that you thought a particular customer would like, and an assessment of how we worked on the tills serving customers. Overall a fun and fairly relaxed interview

Interview Questions

• Why I would select a certain product for a certain customer   Answer Question

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartlepool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Hartlepool, England).

Interview

Buying and selling sinario,was great fun it was a very relaxed environment, everyone got to know each other, including management they were all very friendly and made it a relaxed prosses

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to join dunelm   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Nuneaton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I was very nervous about the interview having not done one like it before but soon relax the manger and his assistant wher very friendly. It was a group interview we had to find out about each other . We then split into 2 group and pick cards to go round the store to decorate some house . We the had one to interview and did 20 minute on 3 section of the store

Interview Questions

• What do you think is good customer services   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dunelm (Bournemouth, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Stupid group exercises, management extremely unprofessional. Definitely would work for this branch. Worst interview process, both managers discussing candidates whilst sitting in the room, absolutely dreadful interview experience - Felt like walking out !

Interview Questions

• How do you provide the best customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dunelm (Chelmsford, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Relaxed and felt you were already part of the team. Manager and team explained everything you needed to know and answered any questions even if they sounded silly or repeated.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunelm (London, England).

Interview

One interview and a tech test on site. Review of the test with the interviewers, some questions on background and past projects. Lots of information from the interviewers, not many questions about me or my background. More like an exam than an interview

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunelm in October 2017.

Interview

Had a brief 5 minute phone interview with some quick screening questions about customer service and my experience. At the end of the phone call I was offered to come in for a store interview the week after. When I showed up the person who was meant to be interviewing me was not there and no one else seemed to know about my interview, so the store manager interviewed me instead. She was very friendly and had a casual chat answering some questions from a booklet. Although the interview went very well I did not get the job.

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

I have attended two interviews at the store over the past couple of months; the first was a group interview with a set of challenges, this went smoothly and was simple enough.
    The most recent (and FINAL) however, consisted of a very unorganised group interview which was held by the assistant manager of the store. Although she was nice enough, she didn't know how the interview was structured and this showed.

On arrival, our group was greeted late by a very flustered assistant manager who had not printed any of our paperwork, nor did she know how many people were attending. we were left to our own devices for around 10 minutes at the start of the interview so she could print our CVs off.
    After this, she realised that an interviewee's CV had been missed so we were sent on our task, to find a product which "represents you as a person"; explain why this represented me and sell the product to the group.
    Finally, we were all given one on one interviews which left us sitting in the store canteen for over an hour and a half. Luckily, most of us were pretty chatty and even more fortunately, had a free afternoon.

None of this however, is why I am reviewing the interview process poorly. After both interviews the company has failed to contact me at all. No email. No Phone call. Not even the Dunelm careers website changed to let me know. I brought this issue up in my last interview and the assistant manager assured me that I would hear from the company on this occasion. I didn't and after hearing from someone from the interview who was offered the job; I rang the store to have my issues addressed by the manager and have some feedback on how I could improve.
    He told me that he would return my call by the end of the day with some news. I have had no calls; unprofessional and rude!

Interview Questions

• Go on to the shop floor and imagine you are a customer, find:
      One thing you like about the store.
      One thing you dislike about the store.
      and one thing you would change about the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cramlington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Cramlington, England) in September 2017.

Interview

3 hours long, group interaction scenarios/tasks on shopfloor. Group discussions again . Work and find out more with colleagues about store, one to one interview even though you're in a room with others whikst having it!
    Only put yourself forward to work for this company if you are a suck @ss or overbearing & loud.

Interview Questions

• When have you used your enthusiasm to motivate others

When have you received poor customer service   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm in September 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well, all other applicants were very competent (5 candidates on this occasion)
    THEY DIDNT GET BACK TO ME AFTER THE INTERVIEW
    what a waste of time
    boycott this lazy overpriced company

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.