Dunelm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Jul 2018

2.6

Assistant Manager Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dunelm (Nottingham, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through an agency so there were several stages there but once at Dunelm I was interviewed by the store manager looking at my CV and how I work, then 2 weeks later I had an interview with the area manager who did a very similar exercise but asked very detailed and probing questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the store between 1-10   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through an agency so was handled for me

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunelm (London, England).

Interview

One interview and a tech test on site. Review of the test with the interviewers, some questions on background and past projects. Lots of information from the interviewers, not many questions about me or my background. More like an exam than an interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dunelm (Lincoln, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview detailing the role and got asked wuestions about my experience an dhow i would fit in to the company and then had 2 interviews, 1 with store manager and one with assisstant store manager. Them interviews were again to assess my ability and passion for the job and to quash any worries either of us had about me moving from my previous job to this one

Interview Questions

• We are worried about the cut in pay you will be taking and dont want to take you on and then lose you to another higher paid job. How do you feel about that   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colliers Wood, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dunelm (Colliers Wood, England) in December 2015.

Interview

They interviewed us internally but still managed to pick a colleague that was previously a team leader. No chance for others within branch to step up . Felt like it was an unfair process as good candidates but they just used a previous team leader which was demoted a few months earlier

Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunelm (High Wycombe, England).

Interview

Applied online. Got interview with a brilliant Manager, who they later left the company. Left with idiot so called 'Managers'. Do not apply to this company they are rubbish!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered the job within a day

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Leicester, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interview process, difficult and stressful as are all graduate job interview processes. However, communication was great throughout the process which was really appreciated.

The assessment centre day was difficult but also gave you a great feel for the company as everyone was really friendly and encouraging, it is great to get an insight into how the company really is so you can gauge whether it is the right place for you as well as whether you are the right candidate for the role.

Interview Questions

• Share three interesting facts about yourself!   1 Answer

Home Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dunelm (Doncaster, England) in October 2013.

Interview

good interactive, there were five different stages and told us a lot about the company and what they were offering, it was good to get an in sight into their way of thinking, a good overall process

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunelm (Leicester, England) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a face-to-face interview with a senior team leader who was lovely and very friendly. It was the standard type interview questions that you would expect. Along with an explanation of my CV with previous work experience examples.

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

I have attended two interviews at the store over the past couple of months; the first was a group interview with a set of challenges, this went smoothly and was simple enough.
    The most recent (and FINAL) however, consisted of a very unorganised group interview which was held by the assistant manager of the store. Although she was nice enough, she didn't know how the interview was structured and this showed.

On arrival, our group was greeted late by a very flustered assistant manager who had not printed any of our paperwork, nor did she know how many people were attending. we were left to our own devices for around 10 minutes at the start of the interview so she could print our CVs off.
    After this, she realised that an interviewee's CV had been missed so we were sent on our task, to find a product which "represents you as a person"; explain why this represented me and sell the product to the group.
    Finally, we were all given one on one interviews which left us sitting in the store canteen for over an hour and a half. Luckily, most of us were pretty chatty and even more fortunately, had a free afternoon.

None of this however, is why I am reviewing the interview process poorly. After both interviews the company has failed to contact me at all. No email. No Phone call. Not even the Dunelm careers website changed to let me know. I brought this issue up in my last interview and the assistant manager assured me that I would hear from the company on this occasion. I didn't and after hearing from someone from the interview who was offered the job; I rang the store to have my issues addressed by the manager and have some feedback on how I could improve.
    He told me that he would return my call by the end of the day with some news. I have had no calls; unprofessional and rude!

Interview Questions

• Go on to the shop floor and imagine you are a customer, find:
      One thing you like about the store.
      One thing you dislike about the store.
      and one thing you would change about the store.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dunelm (Leicester, England).

Interview

Straight forward. Contacted by the recruiter a while ago who talked to me about what the role was and was very friendly and clear. Told me about Dunelm and it's culture and people. There wasn't a job at the time but she kept in contact with me every month which was great. Was asked basic questions about my current role. Was invited to an interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of career would I like to go into in Finance?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.