Dunnes Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dunnes Stores Interview Questions

Interviews at Dunnes Stores

2.1

Grocery Check Out Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarhill, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Briarhill, GA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward process with HR manager. It was an average interview process regarding my previous experience in retail and how I am as an individual. My preferred hours were taken into account at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Handed in a job application, was called within a few days for an interview with the HR manager. It was all very relaxed and easy. Would highly recommend it as a first job.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview process. The usual questions. Felt more like a conversation.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

2 rounds depending on the team.
    30 - 60 minutes.
    15 - 20 technical questions
    Fit for team
    Store experience required
    Willing to work in stores during Xmas is required.
    Oracle skill and AS400 skill is required.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week I got called for an interview which last no more than twenty minutes and the questions are very basic.

After getting an offer an accepting there is a course from 9-6 which must be attended, but is paid for, just taking you throw the do's and dont's and also safety aspects

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about CV.
      How you would deal with a difficult customer?
      Previous retail experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations besides how many days a week you would like to work

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Went in-store and filled out an application form which I then handed to customer service ( they have gotten rid of the application form now and only accept CVs). I was applying for any role as I am a student (for part-time staff they usually just put you wherever they want). Heard back in a few weeks; this depends on their current vacancies. Very straightforward interview, just general questions mainly based on your CV. They're just looking to see what kind of person you are. Heard back within a week or two and started work in September 2014 as a cashier.

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role through a recruitment agency. They asked me to attend a face to face meeting with them first for initial screening. They asked me about my experience and education as well as what my motivation was for joining Dunnes Stores. After meeting with them they recommended me for interview with Dunnes which I attended in their HQ in Dublin. There was only 1 round of interviews and it was a relatively straight forward competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• What was my main motivation for joining the company in the role of HR Manager?   1 Answer

Head Office Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Interviewed by a shareholder and HR. I'm not shy so wasn't intimidated. Took a long time for them to get back to me I had to make some calls. Interview was straightforward more about them assessing whether I was a cultural fit more than anything. Nothing related to my area more about my past jobs and my experience. I enjoyed my interview but would certainly be intimidating for some.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation but would do it differently now.

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 interviews both quite similar really not to formal. Wanted to know what my average day was like in old job etc.had i woked with kpi's before Nothing strange but enjoyable

Interview Questions

• dealing with sales/waste targets   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked my salary expectations at interview and offered slightly less i accepted then got a raise to the initial request 9 months later

Anonymous Interview

Interview

nice and polite the process took 10 minutes ,Dunnes Stores has been part of the fabric of Irish life for over 70 years. Our long-established Better Value promise has made us Ireland’s largest and leading retailer. We're a family run, privately owned Irish company and proud of it. We offer a mix of contemporary fashion, stylish homewares and quality-assured food. You can now buy our fashion and homewares both in store and online.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores in April 2009.

Interview

1 interview was made i went in they were civil and asked me about my job history, gaps in my occupations, my people skills my management skills problem solving and then they asked if i had worked in any other branches before and then they sent me away and told me they would call me when they knew and then a couple days later i got turned down

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.