EoEAS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at EoEAS

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bury St Edmunds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EoEAS (Bury St Edmunds, England) in June 2011.

Interview

The application process is 'always' via nhs jobs website. The process is flawed in that anyone who can match the person spec is certain to be shortlisted.
    The room for the panel of 5 interviewers was poorly set up, with trip hazards and the distance between panel and candidate so great as to make it difficult to hear the questions!! Once again, like so many, the job description had very few similarities to that described at the actual interview and so all the arduous preparation was of little value. Once again, blindsided!
    Lasting 1 hour for this part, the process was otherwise reasonable.
    Part two was to manage a situation involving staff and a case around a specific traumatic event. This was a 30 minutes exercise and was reasonable in itself.

Interview Questions

• As this is a new role, what do you think would be the most challenging aspect   1 Answer

HEOC Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EoEAS (Chelmsford, England) in October 2012.

Interview

Was advised there would presentation element with questions asked following presentation. Presentation was interrupted on numerous occasions for questions leading me to stumble and become confused. Questions asked following the presentation were very vague and misleading.

Interview Questions

• Very ambiguous questions with little feedback afterwards, interviewers confessed they did not fully understand questions.   Answer Question

Emergency Call Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hellesdon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EoEAS (Hellesdon, England) in October 2016.

Interview

interview starts with a typing test which is then checked for accuracy and speed, then you are asked a series of questions. 2 people interviewed me, They were pleasant and friendly, they asked alternate questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were in an emergency situation and what did you do.   1 Answer
    • What 6 counties do the east of england ambulance service cover   1 Answer
    • Before the interview, i had to fill in a health questionnaire which you pass or fail depending on points.   1 Answer

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EoEAS (Chelmsford, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Poor, disorganised and had no depth to it. I was never asked to provide proof of my registration other than providing a PA number on the NHS jobs application. The HR department were only interested in my right to work in th UK.
    The interview itself comprised of three competency based type questions and a group discussion. It transpires that the group discussion was pointless as they told us after the event that we were not being assessed and that it had nokind of scoring matrix attached.
    NO ALS assessment
    Not even a cursory glance at my CPD, even when i asked directly if they wanted to see it I was told "no, weve seen your passport, proof of address and proof of identity, thats all we need"
    The process overall was disorganised and I had to drive nearly 300 miles in total around Essex for pointless tasks that could have been completed by e-mail or if they were better organised, at the itial interview stage. As an example I had to drive from Linton to Chelmsford (about 85miles round trip) to give some documents to HR for my DBS check. When I arrived I gave the same documentation to the very same lady that had taken it on the day of my interview. Why could it not have been done then??
    Same can be said for my occupational health review where I again drove from Linton to Kings Lynn (almost 120mile round trip) for a 5 minute appointment where my blood pressure was taken and my urine dipped. Never have I run around so much for a job. Farcical from bginninig to end!

Interview Questions

• 1) "You are discharging a febrile child at home, what is your plan and what are your actions?"

2) "Tell us about a time where you had to overcome a difficulty in communication, what did you do?"

3) "Your crewmate disagrees with your clinical descion, how would you handle this situation?"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.