EoEAS Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Jan 2020

2.6
EoEAS Interim Chief Executive Andrew Morgan
Andrew Morgan
  1. "Great Experiences, Friendly Colleagues, Real Privilege to work for NHS Ambulance Service"

Paramedic

I worked at EoEAS for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Life Experiences, Friendly Colleagues, Real Privilege to work for NHS Ambulance Service. You can develop you teamwork, leadership, communication, under pressure working skills.

Cons

Long shifts through evenings and weekends. Social life is almost non-exsistance, but that's the job of a paramedic, and its what I was aware of before signing up.

EoEAS2019-02-23
  2. "Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Welwyn Garden City, England

I worked at EoEAS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping people in times of crisis

Cons

Too many time wasters. Poor management. Long hours; do not expect to ever finish on time. Take your food with you on the road and rarely get back to base to eat it; so no perishables.

Advice to Management

Get some management training because qualifying as a Paramedic does not mean you progress to be a great manager

EoEAS2020-01-09
  3. "Lovely place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at EoEAS part-time

Pros

The team were lovely to work with

Cons

Sometimes not very flexible

EoEAS2019-10-21

"Tread lightly"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Cambridge, England

I have been working at EoEAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Spend the day out and about, get paid at the end of the month, sometimes make a difference...

Cons

Cliquey and unwelcoming stations, lack of managerial support. Managers seem to have no real grasp of policy, procedure and what it is to run an ambulance service. Members of staff that waft around thinking they are a much higher grade than they actually are and feel they have to be master of all they survey. Massive regret leaving my old trust. The old adage is right, the grass isn’t greener and you quickly realise that your last trust was actually really rather good.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be a proper manager, stop trying to be mates with everyone. Leave the office occasionally (us mere mortals in the crew room can be alright)

EoEAS2019-06-07

"Overworked"

Current Employee - Pts in Peterborough, England

I have been working at EoEAS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great to meet and assist all calibres of people, get to know their problems and help them as much as possible.

Cons

Management are a disgrace. No back up, support and mostly a closed shop. Nepotism prevails regarding managerial jobs and mostly have no idea of policies and procedures laid down by the Trust. Although the Trust does not advocate bullying, it still goes on and needs eradicating.

Advice to Management

Employ managers who have a bit of sense and are not in it just for the glory or pension

EoEAS2019-02-19
  6. "Management truly awful"

Former Employee - 999 Call Handler in Chelmsford, England

I worked at EoEAS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Helping people. The crazy money you get working overtime

Cons

No management support. Managers were not helpful. Treated like an inconvenience cliquey staff. Not open to helping new staff. Line managers either asleep or out smoking.

Advice to Management

Refresh your managers and change the attitude if staff make it welcoming so you retain staff

EoEAS2019-02-14
  7. "Ambulance Care Assistant"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at EoEAS full-time

Pros

An easy and rewarding job. Never has to be stressful.Not many jobs you get paid to potter around the countryside and enjoy the day.

Cons

The pay is poor throughout, at PTS level its poor and at front line level like most NHS roles everyone is seriously underpaid.Disorganised from above, lots could be done to improve the system.At PTS level unless you go front line there is zero opportunity to progress.

Advice to Management

Go out on the vehicles regularly and do the job.

EoEAS2017-09-07
  8. "Student Paramedic"

Current Employee - Stiudent Paramedic in Ipswich, England

I have been working at EoEAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The variety of calls. The opportunity to learn from my colleagues. The daily challenges.

Cons

Being on relief so therefore not knowing my shifts too far in advance.

EoEAS2016-07-28
  9. "Love the job, hate the service!"

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Bishops Stortford, England

I have been working at EoEAS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You make a massive difference to peoples lives every day in an unpredictable environment forming great close relationships with colleagues that get to be like your family after a while. Working for the National Health Service gives us good pension and sickness benefits, almost certainly better than private sector counterparts.

Cons

The service cannot balance patient care over staff welfare and for this reason it continues to hammer us into the ground. We finish late every day. We're tired. We make mistakes due to this extreme fatigue in an environment where mistakes can cost lives. The service is clearly performing so poorly it's causing harm and that's not something I want to be a part of.

Advice to Management

Do something about late finishes. I don't want to be at work a moment past my finish time because I work to live, not live to work. IX is not going to cut it. More staff and late shifts covering our finish times.

EoEAS2016-07-18
  10. "Vehicle Technician"

Vehicle Technician in Barton Mills, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at EoEAS

Pros

Really busy with plenty of overtime and a nice warm workshop .It can make you feel guilty for going home sometimes as there is always so much to do ...

Cons

So insecure as it appears everyone needs to do the work of two, with contractors taking more and more jobs from us everyday instead of increasing staff levels to cope with the ever increasing demand for our service

Advice to Management

Employ more staff and save the trust as contractors cost so much and they only want the cream big money work .Employ more staff and dump the CONtractors where possible ..

EoEAS2016-07-15