Etsy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Etsy Interview Questions

Interviews at Etsy

2.9

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Etsy.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter. Phone interview with direct manager. Project assignment that took 3 days. 6 final round interviews with various members of the team (all via video due to COVID-19).

I spent a month+ of time interviewing with this company only for them to go radio silent for 2 weeks and then send me an automated rejection email, refusing to offer me any additional feedback on the process or my skillset.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in working cross functionally? What is your experience in dealing with executives at the C-Suite level? What is your experience with crisis communications and conflict internally? Tactical, reporting, finance management, media relations, and managerial experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It was an online coding challenge on HackerRank. The questions were in JavaScript, where you had to write some code for an application. You were given some code that was already written, and had to add your own/modify some of the code.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Etsy.

Interview

coding challenge + technical interview (onsite) + personal interview (onsite). The interview process was very personable and friendly. Was very nervous but recruiter and interviewer were very nice. There was a tour of the offices , very beautiful HQ

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Etsy (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, sent a follow up email and received the Express/JS online exam. Was invited to their HQ in Brooklyn which was very beautiful. First I went on a tour which was very nice and I enjoyed my recruiter. I then had my technical interview which was in using flask (python) and the woman was very nice at guiding me to the solution. Had my behavioral interview which was typical STAR questions. Overall very nice experience, though did not receive the response on the day they had told me. Had to send a follow up email a few days later and received my response them.

Interview Questions

• q: Tell me about a time you had to critique a coworker's work   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Etsy (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

1) Got reached out to by recruiter on Linkedln to complete a coding challenge
    2) Coding challenge - debugging a web application using JavaScript, around 6-7 objectives to complete within 1.5 hours. I completed 6/7 pretty early and couldn't really figure out the last one
    3) Got invited on-site at their Dumbo, Brooklyn office. Had two 45-minute interviews; one behavioral (tell me about a time...) and one technical; the technical interview was very similar to the coding challenge, except it was in python (a language I haven't ever coded in), and didn't know would be used in the interview until 30 minutes before, but they were very helpful in providing syntax for the language during the interview. It was pretty easy otherwise especially if the coding challenge was easy for you.
    4) Got a call two days later that I got the offer

Note: Communication throughout the recruitment process could have been a bit better and more organized they were very nice and responsive when it mattered

Interview Questions

• Debug a web application (JavaScript for coding challenge & Python for on-site)   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

They will send you an email and ask you to complete the instructions given by them. There are six instructions. You need to be familiar with Node.js, Express.js, and so on because you need to improve the source code given by them.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Etsy.

Interview

Finished the OA which is fixed bug in nodejs. 20/20 cases passed and dont get a phone internview or onsite interview. Not fair to java,c++,python developer because you have to learn javascript.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Etsy.

Interview

Pretty nice recruiter and hiring manager. Unfortunately the Hackerrank was odd and very geared towards front-end despite being a full stack role. If you know Node/Express/JQuery/HTML/CSS like the back of your hand be my guest, but if you’re like the rest of us full-stack devs that work in Java/AWS/ReactJS day-to-day then this might not be up your alley and might be an actual waste of time.

It just doesn’t sit well with me to study for one company because they decided to go off the beaten path when you can do the standard Leetcode + System Design study that will get you prepped for almost every other company in tech hubs. Also, who gives the hackerrank after the phone screen?

I’m sure they’re doing cool things and it’s a great place to work, I just didn’t get that from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Recruiter Chat
      2. Hiring Manager Chat + Technical Phone Screen
      3. Hacker rank (Front-End)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Etsy in October 2019.

Interview

First round was a coding challenge on Hackerrank. Supposed to find bugs on a git repo. Clonet the repo, use Node.js and Express to compile and run. Find errors, and solve it. Still waiting to hear back from them for further processes.

Interview Questions

• I had to solve 7 bugs inside .js files. This is something you don't have a choice in. The bugs could be anywhere, and you were given 90 minutes to find and solve them.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Etsy (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted by the recruiter.
    Two phone rounds: One coding, one ML basics
    Four onsite rounds: One coding, two ML design, one manager
    I also had to give a talk about my Ph.D. work after the four interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• standard Leet code medium questions like decode string.   Answer Question
    • Open ended ML question such as design a recommendation system.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.