Financial Ombudsman Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Financial Ombudsman Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Financial Ombudsman Service

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

standard, 1 hr interview, good cop, bad cop and HR, it was all pretty straight forward. Noting was out of the ordinary. not good or bad. cant say much more about it tbh

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in November 2012.

Interview

Now it is much more difficult than it used to be. Very bureaucratic and not really an understanding of what the job entails so those doing the interview are not the best people to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the role. What is your 5 year plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in October 2011.

Interview

In three parts, phone interview, case study, face-to-face interview. People were friendly, interviewers helped to make it feel more relaxed. The whole process was quite smooth, and only took a few weeks from start to finish.

Adjudicator Interview

Interview

The interview surrounded competency questions. Word of advice: Read the email offer of the interview, which says that you have to go over the case study from the previous stage. I didn't, and so the first part was a flop.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application form, online tests, telephone interview, case study task, then in-person interview. Around 1 hour long interview in the lovely offices, very friendly and welcoming interviewers. 1 from HR and 1 team leader. Took turns asking questions, firstly about the case study done previously, then competency related qu's and qu's about me, my CV, interests etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

I had to fill an online application form, then i did two online test, had a telephone interview and then a face to face where i was tested on math and reasoning skills

Interview Questions

• I was asked abour 6 competency questions such as give an example of a time you provided exceptional customer service using the STAR technique in the telephone interview and had to attend a testing center   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in September 2012.

Interview

Competency based questions and a test, based on linguistic and mathematical review. Interviewers not doing the day job (HR). Was focussed on the STARR technique, which the recruiter at the time (Randstad) ran me through.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you have worked in a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

CV, Cover letter followed by a telephone interview. If successful you must complete a Case Study after which you may be invited for final interview. The process also involved a lengthy and comprehensive background check which must be completed before the interview stage.

The face to face interview was quite long and mainly just involved behavioural questions which seemed fairly unnatural and overly structured. Better if they were to screen you on these before the final interview.

Adjudicator Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service.

Interview

Quite cliche and wanted you answer in a strict framework. Very unnatural and difficult to show your skills and ability to do the job. HR girl wasn't very engaging and almost seemed disinterested. Probably all the boring questions she asked.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

After completing a pretty laid back telephone interview and online case study I was invited to attend a formal interview. The interviewers made me feel welcome and after a brief introduction they asked me a series of STAR-technique questions. The interview itself was not very pressuring at all and they just want to evaluate you as a person so see if your values match the companies and to gain a grasp on weather you have relevant problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to do something that was unpopular with other people?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.