Financial Ombudsman Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Financial Ombudsman Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Financial Ombudsman Service

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

standard, 1 hr interview, good cop, bad cop and HR, it was all pretty straight forward. Noting was out of the ordinary. not good or bad. cant say much more about it tbh

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in November 2012.

Interview

Now it is much more difficult than it used to be. Very bureaucratic and not really an understanding of what the job entails so those doing the interview are not the best people to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the role. What is your 5 year plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in September 2011.

Interview

I was a two stage telephone interview - once the CV was shortlisted and the initial telephone interview was conducted by the recruiter and I was selected, the following day, I was contacted by the manager at the FOS. I was asked four technical based questions. These were relatively easy and straight forward. I answered these to my best knowledge.

Interview Questions

• technical knowledge about the financial products and certifications.   1 Answer

Adjudicator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service.

Interview

I did an online application with my cover letter and CV. After two weeks I had telephone interview with the HR, the interview lasted 20 minutes. Why are you interested in FOS, position, what do you know about FOS

Interview Questions

• A time where you deliver good customer services   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Application, telephone interview, online assessment then face to face interview.
    Very stilted interview with the interviewer very detached & uninterested.
    Also he turned up 10 minutes late, he wasn't very interested before the interview had started.

Interview Questions

• 8 interview questions, including 'a time when you dealt with a sensitive customer issue'. A time when you've made a mistake & fixed it, a time when you've dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England).

Interview

Applied for the role online by writing a cover letter and uploading my CV. Waited several days until I received an email confirmation about a phone interview. After phone interview I had to complete a case study which had to be recalled during the face to face interview. Had to wait 4 weeks for interview, however received a phone call few days before interview to say it had to be re-arranged and the next one available was another 3 week wait. This process was disappointing and gave a disorganised impression of the company. However face to face interview was very well set up and professional. Phone interview was mainly about my motivation for applying for this role, providing examples of great customer service and how I managed my time. During the face to face interview was asked a set of 7 behavioural competency questions consisting of the following themes: Handling a customer problems, Knowledge sharing and asking others for help within a team, learning from mistakes and question about which value I believed was most important.
    TIPS: Memorise the case study briefly however it more important that you are able to evaluate it. Be relaxed and confident when speaking and think your examples through thoroughly it is ok to take a few seconds to think of a good example (even better if you prepare some examples before hand) but always evaluate the motives behind your examples-after explaining the what and how make sure you say the why, use the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Working in a team requires you to share knowledge and learn from each other from time to time, can you tell me a time when you have shared knowledge? (question sounded something like that)   1 Answer
    • Which one of the values is most important to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in September 2012.

Interview

Competency based questions and a test, based on linguistic and mathematical review. Interviewers not doing the day job (HR). Was focussed on the STARR technique, which the recruiter at the time (Randstad) ran me through.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you have worked in a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

CV, Cover letter followed by a telephone interview. If successful you must complete a Case Study after which you may be invited for final interview. The process also involved a lengthy and comprehensive background check which must be completed before the interview stage.

The face to face interview was quite long and mainly just involved behavioural questions which seemed fairly unnatural and overly structured. Better if they were to screen you on these before the final interview.

Adjudicator Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service.

Interview

Quite cliche and wanted you answer in a strict framework. Very unnatural and difficult to show your skills and ability to do the job. HR girl wasn't very engaging and almost seemed disinterested. Probably all the boring questions she asked.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Financial Ombudsman Service (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

After completing a pretty laid back telephone interview and online case study I was invited to attend a formal interview. The interviewers made me feel welcome and after a brief introduction they asked me a series of STAR-technique questions. The interview itself was not very pressuring at all and they just want to evaluate you as a person so see if your values match the companies and to gain a grasp on weather you have relevant problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to do something that was unpopular with other people?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.