Fitbit Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fitbit Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitbit

2.5

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fitbit in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter.

Had a phone interview, then I was given a ridiculously large problem that took long time to solve. Also, I was pressured to solve it as fast as I can. Even though I proceeded to explain that I will only be able to solve it over the weekend. Subsequent weekend I did solve the problem and the solution back, though I was a little disappointed with the pushy attitude. After a week of silence, I was told I will be brought onsite for interview.

On the day of interview. I was asked couple of easy questions. I give them time optimized solution, and proceeded to explain that its not memory efficient. They ask me for memory optimized solution, which I give verbally. And explain that its a trade-off.

I ask questions about their competitors. They seem little fazed and were also unaware of competing products. I ask few more tough questions about some quality issues their products are experiencing, again they seem fazed and I could sense discomfort in talking about these issues.

Then was left in the room for 25 mins alone during lunch time, when one of them was supposed to take me out for lunch.

Then manager comes and tells me he thinks I don't know how to write memory optimized solutions. I was stunned. I began to tell him about the homework solution where I optimized for memory. He proceeds to tell of other things I can do around SF rest of the day, since he wanted to end the interview process.

I discovered later, they don't pay for ground transport even to and from airports.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fitbit

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary for tech industry. Interviewers were technical people with good and thoughtful questions about myself, my goals as well as technical stuff. Questions were reasonable and average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Describe technical/engineering info for project I worked on previously.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

Interview

The recruiting department at Fitbit consisted of two technical recruiters and one recruiter coordinator who all live in the Marina District of San Francisco. This should provide some context to the team's utter ineptitude.

My interview process consisted of a telephone interview, one 1:1 interview and one group panel interview. I found the recruiters to be painfully unprofessional. The conference rooms are made of glass walls and even with the door shut I could hear the recruiters talking about me. In the interview they told me that I would be a great fit, and then they left the conference room, shut the door behind them and proceeded to discuss how they had "concerns". What concerns? You just told me that you thought I would be a great addition.

The recruiters at this firm are very young and clique-y. With this being one of their first jobs out of college, it is my opinion that they do not have the business experience to recognize good talent. If you happen to be great engineering talent, look elsewhere as Fitbit's recruiters are utterly inept and the interview process is an opaque waste of your time.

Also, I am confused by Fitbit recruiter manager who told me that they only look for ivy league talent while she herself attended Chico State.

Every candidate, whether you hire him or not, is a potential Fitbit customer. Recruiters are often the first contact that a customer has with a company. I am baffled that the CEO of this company allows his recruiting department to go utterly unchecked.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

initial phone interview by recruiter
    another phone interview by hiring manager
    coding tests which they estimate to take *2 hours*, a big YMMV
    follow-up from recruiter
    disappointed that they don't even give the courtesy of providing real feedback on what they don't like about your code...no insight on what they're looking for

Interview Questions

• write a BS program that will take 2 hours (by their estimation).   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.