Fitbit Firmware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fitbit Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitbit

3.3

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

There is one hour time to complete a given linked list program. The CodePair from HackerRank is used for interactive coding and testing the program. The interviewer helps if you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Given a linked list, return two head pointers, one for odd items in the list and other for even items in the list. No new linked list should be created, just modify the existing linked list.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fitbit

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the campus career fair.
    After that I received a coding challenge link and passed that.
    A week later I received a call from the recruiter, following by a remote tech interview and a 'take-home exam'.
    Then I was invited to have an on-site interview.
    4 groups, 2 people each.

Interview Questions

• design a function to detect button press and release   2 Answers

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit in September 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiting group at the campus career fair. Later I finished an online coding challenge. A week later I had an HR interview on phone. The HR moved me to the technical interview. But I didn't prepare too much on the operation systems, so I basically failed the last interview.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a bunch of technical questions. This was followed by a test that which I had to submit to check for coding skils. Finally there was a round of 4 onsite interviews

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fitbit (Providence, RI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

They sent me a firmware coding challenge which I have yet to do. At the career fair I went to I talked to the firmware guy and later they sent me an email indicating their interest in me.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

There was brief discussion with FitBit HR for 15-20 minutes before scheduling the technical interview.
    During Technical Interview, the first half was introduction to company, interests and other technologies at a glance. The second half was actual coding in C. The interviewer asked me whether I want to write code based on Memcpy() or linked list. I opted for memcpy()

Interview Questions

• Write the memcpy code. What if the processor is 32 bytes and want to transfer 4 bytes at a time?
      What will happen if no. of bytes are odd number? How to code it? I am not good in writing code if someone is looking at it and also time is running. So I didn't do well.   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process started with a recruiter which eventually lead me have a phone screen with an engineering manager. Everyone was very polite and professional. There was no real issues with the process. I would even say that the process was well organized and quite seamless. The total number of people I interacted with was three. I believe all three people were located in SF. So you may want to consider the timezone difference if you're on the east coast.

Interview Questions

• There was a live screen-share coding challenge. The question was related to splitting a linked-list. I would recommend practicing online coding puzzles that you may not encounter at work on a regular basis. The coding challenge was about ~25 mins long, so time is an important factor. I think I got pretty far along but I felt I froze at the end and couldn't wrap it up.

Being in firmware, I would have expected questions like around volatile, interrupt handlers, mutexes, semaphores, devices drivers, tasks, DMA, serial protocols etc. But perhaps its not important in the first round.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel interview, 8 people. One engineer asked some specific questions on coding. I was not able to answer to their satisfaction. I later found out that one of the interviewers gave me an abnormally low score and the others rated me equally higher.

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot device issues. How do code binary search in C.   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit in January 2016.

Interview

One phone interview asking basic questions about interests, followed up weeks later with a 2 hour coding challenge that didn't have questions that were not too difficult, but had to be implemented in C, which was a pain.

Interview Questions

• Given two linked lists A and B, A.size>B.size, make a method to destructively replace a specified part of A with B, and then return the removed part of A   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Process started with a 15 min phone screen, then a coding challenge take home that takes 3-5 hrs. Finally, there were 4 interviews on site with interview pairs. Each of the on site interviews started with some questions on current projects and resume items followed by a technical question.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to compute the number of primes between 1 and N, in C.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.