Foster + Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Foster + Partners Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jun 2018

2.9

Assistant Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted within 24 hours by phone. No response until two weeks later. I almost gave up. but two weeks later, they tole me to come to new york office for 1:1 interview. Interview took about 15 min but he showed me the office and their work for about another 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain about portfolio, where it took place, how well do you know the firm   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the HR manager within a week after my online application. Had my interview and met with the lead design director in the NY office within 2 weeks. The director's been with Foster for many years and he's super nice. The office is quite open in the Hearst Building and it has a great view. We sat down in one of the meeting rooms and chatted for about 20 mins on my portfolio and experiences. He then showed me around the office and then walked me out. It was a pretty easy interview and I had a really good impression on the director.

Found out they were looking for someone to fill a person who's going on mat leave. They didn't really specify on what level they were looking for.

I followed up with an email the day after, didn't hear back for 2 weeks and I reached out again but he and the HR manager never bothered responding.

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (Cupertino, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through email, got first interview at the office with 1 of the partners, and then second interview via skype with another partner. it went pretty well and straight forward.

Architectural Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foster + Partners in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted online. Was contacted 2 weeks later and asked to fly out to their California Office (short notice and out of pocket) to interview. Interviewed with one of the partners, pretty typical interview: some basic background and then going through portfolio of work. Took more than 2 months to receive an answer regarding the interview, despite numerous attempts to get in touch.

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

One review with a portfolio and with a partner. Came into the office in the afternoon, waited for about 30 minutes. Was led into the major conference space (very impressive). Described my portfolio and then listened to the partner talk about the office and the culture for about 45 minutes. Was hired thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe your portfolio, and then they talked for the rest of the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They offered and I accepted. There were so many people vying for the job that they would have said no if I asked.

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England).

Interview

We have gone through my professional experiences, some competency questions and a sort of grammar test including alphabetical order, perhaps a bit irrelevant.
    Overall a good interview, interviewer welcoming and nice.
    Interviewers were late and they haven't asked any personal questions to know me better.

Interview Questions

• When have you changed your way of communicating to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foster + Partners.

Interview

Interview was held in the main studio office, on a side table. Was a bit informal, with someone working at their desk just 2m away. Standard interview questions, was also given a tour of some of the office

Architectural Assistant Part2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Only taking 10to 15minutes.only talking about my project and what I have done in previous office.But also focussing on visa issue as I need working visa staying in London. The questions were all about the things I showed , some of them were critical to examine the design abilities.But it quite depends the interviewers I think

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick, I was asked to present my portfolio to one of the partners. Whole interview took 20 minutes. Never heard them back from them, not even about the rejection.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England).

Interview

Interviewed by manager and peers. competency based interviewed where examples were required for each competency. Tested skills and reactions. Two interviews were conducted and I got a tour of the campus which was amazing. The team were insightful and the questioning was challenging.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to come up with a work solution which was outside of the box, what happened, how was it received.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.