Gallup Client Development Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallup Client Development Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallup

3.2

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, 1 online assessment and 3 rounds of phone interviews. I passed to the final interview by its hiring manager. During the last interview, he just asked me some basic personal information such as why are you not going grad school. I got rejected 1month later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I went through an online questionnaire, three phone interviews and a final face-to-face interview with the regional president and performance manager. The entire process took about four months. Initially, I applied for a position in the Irvine office and then half way through was told the only position available was in the Chicago office. I was told that I was one of four candidates and they only were going to hire one candidate at the time.

Interview Questions

• They are very adamant about consultative selling and want rainmakers to find new clients to sell their services. Tell me a time when you used consultative selling to close a deal.....Tell me a time when you.....

All of the interviews are behavioral until you reach the final face-to-face interviews. They are looking for a specific type of person so there is no point in faking it. There are no case interview questions like other consulting firms.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I found the job online through my University's career website and contacted the recruited. From there I was instructed to go online to fill out an application and do the gallup assessment. I then did a phone interview with about 40 questions. I was asked to continue on to the next round which was an interview of 80 questions. She wasn't able to finish in the first go around so we reschedule another date to finish the questions. This part of the process took 2 months. I was finally contacted by a recruiter who said she would submit my resume to the hiring managers to see if they were interested in my application. Unfortunately, all of the positions were filled by the time I got to this point. She tried submitting my resume to the hiring managers outside of my chosen location but, in the end, I did not go to the next round. The Gallup recruiter called me to say I did not advance to the next round. This entire process lasted 4 months! A good point was that the recruiter was very nice and gently let me down. :)

Interview Questions

• How much is a lot of money to you? A lot of explaining as to why you chose your answer (they are looking for real examples of what you did in the past). In my perspective, if she's asking you to give an example, you're on the right track.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in March 2013.

Interview

2nd interview - After the first interview, they told me 'on the phone' that they were scheduling a second. (I AM WAITING FOR THE NEXT INTERVIEW.) They'll be calling me to schedule the next one in 3-5 days.

It was certainly MUCH more intense that the first interview. At one point, I looked at my clock & realized only 30 minutes had passed & I had another 30 to go.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite psychological theories?
      Which are most relevant to you and people you have coached?
      What do you want to be paid?
      -Just about EVERY question has an explanation that's needed.

Tell me about a time you took a company from bad to better.
      Explain an aggressive work situation.
      Explain a time when you had to be aggressive at work.
      Explain a time when you were in the wrong.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

The overall process was very mysterious. No feedback, and no real interaction with the company. All they want to do is ask you rapid-fire questions, and most related to sales. Conducted the initial online application, and received a call in 2 days for the initial phone. Did well I suppose, and received a call the next day for a follow-on interview. The second call was for about an hour, same type of questions but some really deviate from the job description (how much money is too much? great questions, how about a billion!) Not the most pleasant of interviews, but it matches with their culture. Not sure if it really drives the best candidate to the front though. Also, position applied for was no longer posted during the interview process, so maybe they found someone before I finished interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The money question is the one that stands out most, forgot about the others.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Took a lengthy test to determine if I was a "fit" for the firm. A few days later I was notified that I passed the test and would be interviewed by phone. The phone interview was very strange, as the interviewer just shot rapid fire questions while showing no emotion, about 40 questions in 30 minutes. Made it to the next round, another phone interview (this time an hour long) with the same format. A few days later I found out that I didn't "fit" any available roles.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I applied online and took a personality test. Immediately I was notified that I was not a good fit for certain jobs but recommended to apply for other specific jobs that matched my personality test. Then I had two long phone interviews, about 30-45 minutes each. The questions had nothing to do with my work experience. Instead, the questions were rapid-fire and unexpected, such as "would you rather" and "on a scale of 1-5" but there was no room for explanation.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I had scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer was very to the point and did not supply any feedback. The interview was 50 questions and it was encouraged that I give my immediate answer. It took about an hour. I was given a decision within a week. unfortunately, I was not offered the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you persuasive?
      Talk about when you changed the culture of an organization.
      Do you keep your promises?
      How would you consult and client?   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gallup in December 2014.

Interview

Online application that includes an assessment. True/false, multiple choice, on-a-scale-of-one-to-ten questions. Rapid fire. Lots of repetition. The assessment is stressful because you feel like you keep repeating yourself and because many of their questions are simply hard to answer. They'll ask you something conditional like "If you found yourself having to discipline someone you manager would you A: be harsh B: Look for someone else to do it C: Avoid it", obviously your answer might not be one of those three.

I got passed the online and did the 1st round, which is a phone interview with similar types of questions. Also sort of uncomfortable to go through because you feel like you're speaking with someone who's taking a survey, only this survey actually matters. Similar set of questions. Answer quickly.

Be honest

Interview Questions

• Are you good over the phone?

How many hours do you work per week?

How do you keep yourself up to date in your work?

When have you helped change the spirit of an organization?

Do you ever challenge people more than you should?   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

Interview

Just passed the first interview, about to have second interview today. Similar to what everybody said here. Except, the interviewer was quite nice. Some of the questions were ambiguous, but I think they were designed that way. Some of the questions were asked many times in different ways like "how do you think people should be compensated".

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.