General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

General Atomics Interview Questions

Interviews at General Atomics

2.9

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was in a relaxed environment. They asked a good amount of technical questions as well as a few behavioral questions. The group was overall very pleasant but still sharp and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you overcame a technical challenge. How did you react and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward for me. Two phone call interviews. First was with manager, second was with managers from other departments. Not very technical mostly talked about experience on my resume.

Global Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I saw the job posted on both LinkedIn and Indeed, and my friend internally referred me as well.

I received an email from 2 different HR contacts to speak with HR on one call and the Hiring Manager on another, which I haven't experienced before. Usually it's HR Phone Screen then advancing to the Hiring Manager if you pass.

HR just asked me general questions about my experience and talked some benefits, asked about salary expecations.

The Hiring Manager also asked about my experience, then just dived right into a list of situation and behavioral questions.

HR took about 10-15 minutes while The HM took about 30 minutes.

Overall they went very well, but I suddenly got a call while waiting on my references to get back to me that they cancelled the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard "Can you talk about a time you did this" and "Tell me about a time you deal with a difficult person at work" type of questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Awesome. The interview process consisted of a phone screen followed by an onsite interview (group panel and additional tests). I was a huge fan of the onsite interview especially the way they tested the coding portion.

Interview Questions

• Related to OOP concepts such as abstraction/encapsulation.   Answer Question

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

easy, not bad at all, spent a lot of time just chatting with the interviewer. 1 interview, had some technical questions as well. . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

First was a brief phone call from HR which just asked basic things such as why I’m interested in the company and how I heard about the opening. Then I was called in for an on-site panel interview with members of the team including the manager after speaking with the HR representative who had contacted me over phone. Overall, the on-site interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Sensor Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. The initial portion was in-site with HR, whereas the technical interview was with the Flight Ops crew. Everything was very straight-forward and they would ask about current aircraft being flown.

Summer Legal Intern Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews. First interview focused more on general questions. Second interview was more job specific and behavioral, and it was with two of potential bosses. They were all super friendly!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Interview process took 2 months. First a behavioral interview with HR then in a few weeks was followed by a 2nd interview with two hiring managers with technical questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your university projects   Answer Question
    • Tell us more about your prior internships/jobs and how could you apply what you're learning in school working for us?   Answer Question

Project Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics in September 2020.

Interview

Went through 5 rounds of interviews: HR screen, phone call with Manager, video/phone panel interview (10 people over 2.5 hrs), video interview with Director, and finally phone interview with Manager and HR. Was not selected in the end.

I didn't mind all of the interview rounds as it meant I was still in the running; however, the rounds did not feel progressive and seemed to cover the same type of questions over and over. Seems like the process could easily be driven down to 2-3 interviews to make better use of everyone's time. Also, the majority of the interviewers we not able to or did not join the video interviews via video. Kind of disappointing after making the effort to be presentable on a video interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions.
      How do you deal with frustration?
      What do you know about GA?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.