GoCo Group Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at GoCo Group

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at GoCo Group

Found 7 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoCo Group (Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales) in Jun 2019

Interview

Went through an interview process with an external recruitment consultant. The recruiter was very helpful and informative. Impressed with his professionalism. Gocompare staff were a little less helpful. The internal recruiter missed a phone interview as he mixed up the arranged time. Was initially contacted by internal recruiter from my linkedin page. He went on leave and I was then contacted by the external recruiter. Both voiced how I seemed very suited to the role. I wasn't looking for a new opportunity but the role sounded interesting so went through the process. Process was - external recruiter phone call, internal recruiter phone call, on site panel interview with a technical test, and then outcome and feedback. Wasn't successful for the role. The internal staff gave conflicting feedback from what I experienced during the interview. They expressed that they were impressed with my dashboarding skills but gave feedback that it wasn't good enough to the external recruiter. The most frustrating feedback for me was that they felt I wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace as I worked in a public company. They knew this from my linkedin profile when they decided to contact me and ask me to interview for their vacancy. Ultimately I'm happy that they did not offer me the job as I felt quite offended that they would judge me based on my employer at the time. Thankfully Amazon saw the potential in me and offered me a great job with respectful colleagues. Main takeaway - do not interview for goco if you work for the council, social housing or any other public/charitable/'slow paced' company.

Interview Questions
  • What would your previous boss say your strength and weakness is,?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoCo Group (Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales) in Mar 2019

Interview

Applied directly through the website. Had an initial telephone interview which was just really HR based and was invited to a face to face. Good communication up until the face to face interview. Face to face lasted over 3.5 hours which I felt was excessive, it was split between a CV walkthrough and a technical interview. The CV walkthrough started as far back as my degree where I was asked questions about my modules and then we progressed through every job within my 20 year IT career, including explaining any career gaps. Only the last 8 years on my CV really was relevant to the job I was being interviewed for... by the time we got to this part (2hrs in) it was very difficult not to be repetitive. Technical interview was mainly questions about automation testing and mentoring - which I had already spoken about in the 2hrs walking through my CV. Overall I do not feel this interview process favours a longer career in IT. It then took 2.5 weeks for any feedback, considering the amount of time I had given up for the interview I consider this extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What was my biggest achievement? What was my favourite module on my degree? How would I go about mentoring someone? What could you bring to GoCompare?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at GoCo Group (Bristol, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

I first spoke to a Recruitment Agency, and then had a phone interview with the HR Manager. This was followed by a Technical Test to do at home over a weekend but 'only spend around 2 hours on it'

Interview Questions
  • Technical test, told to take around 2 hours over a weekend producing 'production ready' solution
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoCo Group (Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales)

Interview

Interview was thorough but enjoyable and I got a good vibe from both interviewers. I was asked to design a newsletter which I submitted but I never heard anything back, despite numerous attempts to contact the internal recruiter. Even a one-liner to say I didn't get the job would have been nice. Poor form.

Interview Questions
  • How would you critique a fellow designer if you didn't like their solution to a brief?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at GoCo Group (Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales) in Jan 2018

Interview

Quite a straight forward process, good communication up to the interview, given a presentation task. After being told I would be contacted after the interview either with an offer or not, I had absolutely nothing. I reached out for feedback for the interview, my attempts were disregarded and communications completely stopped.

Interview Questions
GoCo Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at GoCo Group (Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales) in Nov 2017

Interview

Telephone interview followed by psychometric testing, a presentation and 2 hour interview. A good process that covered all areas of both me and my experience. Although I didn’t get the Job, the interview did reaffirm why I would like to work there.

GoCo Group
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GoCo Group

Interview

Super enjoyable process. George Berkowski and his assistant Josh Roles were excellent throughout the recruitment process and Tom Miller was timely co-ordinating the details of the offer. The process consisted of telephone interviews with senior management and a case study presentation in front of the product team, followed by shorter individual interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Delved into product management methodologies, philosophies and toolbox. They seem to have a great culture and making sure the person is the right 'fit' was important for them.

Popular Careers with GoCo Group Job Seekers