Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

5,377 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1.5 hour long interview, 3 different interviews 30 minutes each with 3 different individuals. This was a superday which meant they flew me into the office I would potentially get hired at.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly them getting to know me by asking about my resume.
      How well do you work in a diverse team, why Goldman Sachs, why this position, how do you deal with difficult situations   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Straightforward interview process. The questions asked were not difficult, but it is imperative that you prepare for the role. If you do not prepare it will be obvious to the interviewer.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process, not many techs until later rounds. Lots of brain teasers and fit questions. Lots of questions about resume and background. Behavioral questions were fairly easy and standard.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round was a coding challenge. Two questions which were average. Passed all the test cases, yet got an reject. All my other peers who passed the 1st round got ab reject too

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Three in person interviews. One had one person, one had two, one had three. Very organized and diligent with time. The hirevue was not too difficult, fairly common questions. The super day was more difficult. I heard back within 24 hours on my status.

Intern Interview

Interview

good interview tough questions but overall nice experience and would recommend that you apply for an internship in any of their offices. I like this bank and the people were smart and nice

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online. I received the Hackerrank which had 2 coding questions. After a week, I got a Hirevue which had about 5-8 questions. It had about 30 second to think and 2-3 mins to answer. I didn't get the final round.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue:
      - Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • [Paraphrased]
      - Your friend went out partying and couldn't finish the homework on time. They ask you to lie to the teacher that they are sick. What would you tell your friend? your teacher?   Answer Question
    • [Paraphrased]
      - You are an engineering manager and you have to tell the stakeholders the project is delayed. How would you do it?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

They outsource their HR function to ADP. ADP associates have no familiarity with the actual business, aren't located in their offices and are disorganized. Had my first screening with them, they had no understanding of what I was saying but rather just wrote down exactly what I said. I was then contacted by another ADP person to schedule the same interview I had already had,. After that was cleared up, I had a phone interview with someone from the business line. After that interview, they dropped off the face of the earth and never responded to follow-ups. The job stayed active for 6-months after that. I was an employee referral (including to the global head of HR) and still couldn't get a response. Hubris is real.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

The interview process was three steps and very organized. The first step is your written application. The second step is a virtual interview based on their core competencies. After that you may be invited to a super day to confirm you are good fit for the company.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Phone screen. Interview with Manager and then final interview with director.. I was told I would hear back in a couple of days. Completely ghosted. Good thing I had a more prominent offer. Will never work for a company that cannot give a simple yes or no.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.