Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Dec 2017
3,933 Interview Reviews

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First Round was online on Hackerrank, two questions. First one is vector dot product.

Second one is tricky, which is to find the total number of pairs in array = k. I passed 5 of the test cases except 1.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a straightforward hackerrank with 2 questions. 5 days later I was sent a hirevue link where I answered 4 purely behavioral questions in front of a webcam. 3 weeks later I attended one of GS's superdays.

The superday consisted of 2 interviews, both 45 minutes long. I was told that one interview was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral, but I think I ended up with 2 behavioral interviews because I didn't answer any technical questions. In both interviews, the interviewers went very in depth into my resume; nothing was off limits, so make sure you know every detail of each project listed on it.

I was initially told I would hear back in about 1-2 weeks but I heard back exactly 3 weeks after my superday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member wasn't contributing after being confronted about his/her lack of contribution?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

HireVue Virtual Interview. Five questions, about two minutes to answer each question and 30 minutes to prepare after listening to question. After this flew to Salt Lake City for superday, three interviews back to back 30 minutes each, all behavioral based and received an offer after.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in which you had to make a decision without all the necessary information readily available?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The entire process took 1 month, consisting of hirevue and 1 Superday.

3 rounds of 30min interviews on Superday, with each having 2-3 interviewers that may be on video conference as well.

The entire Superday was very pleasant and the interviewers were friendly. The questions were 90% behavioral and fit related, with only 1-2 technical questions thrown in. You may even have to elaborate on your hobbies and interests!

Personally, I feel that the key is to really engage them with the things you say. Teamwork capabilities are really important for Goldman as well.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Digital Interview that consisted of hirevire asking questions from the corporate office. Answered on video and the video is sent to the recruiter. Not a bad interview just be ready for situational questions and topics.

Interview Questions

• Your working on a private project with a manager and another manager wants to see the project to help them? How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Selected to interview about 2 weeks after sending in application. Interview was online on hirevue software which is non interactive and moved very quickly. Asked primarily behaviorial questions with 1-2 simple techincial worked in as well.

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

My interview was through HireVue. It was a pretty straightforward process and the app lets you practice doing a video interview. After the question was asked, I was given 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 3 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a current event I follow and the role it plays in the market.   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There were 3 rounds face-to-face interviews, and every round had 2 interviewers. The whole process was around 2 hours. The interviewers were friendly and asked about both behavioral and technical questions.

Summer Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview process starts with a pre-recorded interview on Hirevue. I was asked a total of 6 questions making the interview last roughly 30 minutes. For each question, I was given 30 seconds to prepare my answer and the 2 to 3 minutes to answer (depending on the question). I was very fortunate to be able to make it through the 1st round of interviews, and now I am at my Super Day. My second interview will be in 5 hours, and should be 3 back to back 30-minute interviews. I applied to the Salt Lake City, Utah location.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about operations?
      What would you do in you had a classmate who got ill 2 days before your final examination, she happened to obtain a copy of the answers to the final exam... and she hands YOU an extra copy.
      What would you do if you were a part of a fundraising group with international students to help promote inclusion?
      ALL BEHAVIORAL/SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round is done through an online software called HireVue. You are given 30 secs to prep for an answer after you receive the question, then 2 minutes to respond. MAX time: 30 minutes. Second Round: Three 30-minute interviews

Interview Questions

• Your classmate was very sick and could not make it to class/study. They tell you they have access to a copy of the final exam you are about to take. What do you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.