Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

5,697 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1.5 hour long interview, 3 different interviews 30 minutes each with 3 different individuals. This was a superday which meant they flew me into the office I would potentially get hired at.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly them getting to know me by asking about my resume.
      How well do you work in a diverse team, why Goldman Sachs, why this position, how do you deal with difficult situations   2 Answers

Interview

The HireVue was straightforward and had basic questions. You record a video response to the question they ask and it has to be within a certain time frame. It wasn't much work overall.

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

Pretty smooth. Online assessment, virtual interview, then invited to Superday. The superday consists of three interviews including behavioral and technical ones, and they lasted for the whole morning. Got the result within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Some coding question regarding the construction of order book   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

They flew me in for a super day interview. I stayed at CQ hotel not too far away. Had my breakfast at the Brookfield Place. Reviewed materials before hand with an analyst. The interview was great. Had it with 3 different groups, back to back. Great people.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It seems they gave me a coding interview and then deleted my application. I don't know what happened, but my interview was for the 2021 internship and the portal lists the application as 2020 and therefore makes me ineligible.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The process was very simple and organized. It consisted of a 30-minute video interview which was completed through a third party. Some questions were more complex but most were about resume and background.

Risk Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Mostly behavioral and some hypothetical/situational scenarios. Lots of focus on market knowledge, so know what is going on in the news and read up on current market trends before interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the different types of risk and give a brief definition of your understanding of each   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Behavioral, back-to-back long convos with team leadership. Each gave their own background + set expectations for seasonal internship. I was really intentional about asking questions to make sure I took up time. They came off cold and mechanical, but can assure that they are super friendly and easy-going (from working with them).

Interview Questions

• Have you spoken with anyone about this position? What did they say?
      How would your past manager describe you?   Answer Question

Interview

Application, Virtual interview, Virtual super day. Everyone was very friendly and seemed easy-going. It was interesting to be interviewing over Zoom but the company did a good job of trying to make it feel like a normal interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

- HireVue with several situational questions
    - after hirevue, straight to superday
    - 3-4 interviews with 1 or 2 people
    - interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions with interviewers varying difficulty of questions and dropping in technical ones as well

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.