HC-One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

HC-One Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jun 2018

2.1

Assistant Interview

Interview

Very poor. The person interviewing me had obviously had no professional training in interviewing style or indeed came across as professional in any way. During the interview we were constantly interrupted and she didn't even know my name or the position I had applied for. She seemed very unhappy to be doing the interview and actually came across as aggressive and seemed to project a feeling of contempt as if doing an interview was beneath her station. As I was leaving I passed an existing employee and asked if they enjoyed working there ... She just laughed and said NO!

Interview Questions

I didn't feel that they appeared to value staff or future employees

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wigston Magna, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HC-One (Wigston Magna, England) in May 2013.

Interview

Arrived early to sit in the background to see first hand the home. Interview was held with just the manager and lasted an hour, was quiet basic and she was happy to look through my training folder from previous positions. I was then given tour of home, given chance to ask questions.. Felt comfortable and at home instantly. Taken back to managers office and was offered the job there and then..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite simple as was all in paperwork they had sent before my interview.

Home Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HC-One in December 2014.

Interview

I found it to be quite an Intense interview process,4 interviews until successful including three exams, human resources, operations directors, quality assurance managers and phone interview with managing director. Took a while from application to post

Interview Questions

• How to market the home in a different way to improve current occupancy   1 Answer

Home Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goole, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HC-One (Goole, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Put at ease, the interview panel were very friendly. The interview was Very thorough, encouraged to explore my strengths and weaknesses honestly. I was asked to give a condensed life history and asked about outside interests. My work history was discussed and qualifications that I held at the time. The interview consisted of a paper-based competency test and then a walk-round the home to observe how I interacted with residents, staff, visitors, etc. I also had to have a 1:1 phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Put different scenarios to me and asked how I would deal with them   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HC-One (Wigan, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Straight forward and friendly . They look at the whole person and they will have an idea of what they are looking for and whether you could fit in with team and have the leadership style required to manage a shift team etc. I was able to be feel comfortable and therefore was able to be more myself and be open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Several questions specific to role
      How I would deal with a staff member within a disciplinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HC-One (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in June 2013.

Interview

I just cannot give a serious review because the interview process is so easy that it is worrying when they take on any Tom, Richard and Harry, to provide care to our elders.
    There are some excellent care workers, but some just need to give it up as a bad job.
    Blame the Government! If they allow care home provider cowboys to look after our elderly, then it's a bad job all round.

Interview Questions

• Again, I cannot give you a serious review because the most difficult question asked to me was my name.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's your contract, please sign it, and oh by the way you are on the national minimum wage rate. See you when your CRB comes back.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HC-One (Birmingham, England) in July 2011.

Interview

A few questions about me and my likes and dislikes then chat about the business. It's was all about the business and not about the job role. The interview was very much focused on getting staff in and not that much about care, not a lot was discussed about what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working overtime.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HC-One (Derby, England) in February 2015.

Interview

talked and said got the job i had lots of qualifications but she never looked at any of them desperate for staff as everyone leaves after a few weeks very easy just talked alot and explained how she ran home explained hours which wasnt actually true when started the rotas changed every other day

RGN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HC-One (Cardiff, Wales) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted via an agency who,told me the job was mine before I went to the interview, at the time I thought she could not have been right but she was they offered me there and then

Interview Questions

• Usual nursey questions scenarios lack of continuity though   Answer Question

Senior Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HC-One (Manchester, England) in May 2014.

Interview

dull and uninteresting. I didn't feel welcomed but accepted the offer as I was desperate for work. A friend of mine already worked at the home so I was briefed beforehand.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.