ImmunoGen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at ImmunoGen

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

The entire interview process I went through with ImmunoGen was one of the worst experiences I’ve had since starting my career in Pharma/Biotech almost 15 years ago.

The phone screen with the hiring manager went great...we seemed to hit it off and got along really well. She really liked my background and skill set, and I loved that the role combined two of my main career focuses all in one position. The fact that I could possibly find my dream job, which also included a big upgrade in title and a nice bump in salary, seemed too good to be true...and I was right.

Unfortunately, on the day of my interview, I arrived to ImmunoGen three minutes late. I was driving to a far-ish away town I had never been to, and into a maze of industrial park buildings that all looked the same. And I know it sounds like I’m making excuses, but it’s also the truth. I know how important it is to be on time for an interview, and how being late is terrible first impression, but at the same time, most people would try and let you redeem yourself, rather than staunchly make their mind up about what kind of person they think you are.

I left the interview at the end of the day feeling positive and confident...until my recruiter called the next morning and started the conversation by asking me how far back I was willing to bend for this job. Those three minutes I was late were apparently enough to overshadow the years of hard work I’ve put in, and the amount of knowledge and expertise I’ve acquired.

Long story (not-so) short, they asked me to come back in and meet with two of the hiring managers in order to prove to them that I’m capable of being on time. They also decided that if they were to move forward with an offer, it would now be contract-to-perm, as opposed to the full-time salary position that was initially presented to me.

But that’s not even the worst of it (almost done I promise); a few days later, ImmunoGen offered me the oh so shameful contract-to-perm position via my recruiter, and I gladly accepted...I was still legitimately excited about the opportunity! ImmunoGen’s HR team emailed me the next morning to discuss start date etc., I responded a few hours later (11am) to schedule a phone call, but didn’t hear back from them the rest of the day. My recruiter called me the next afternoon to inform me that the hiring manager felt I had insulted her and the company by not immediately responding to the HR start date email, and that they have now decided to rescind the job offer all together.

And that was that...totally and completely unprofessional. And, it turns out, 100% not a company I’d want to work for in the end anyway.

Interview Questions

• Just the same banal questions that we’re all asked when interviewing for positions in this industry. The only difference I noticed with ImmunoGen was that the hiring manager seemed to ask me more questions about my personality and character, rather than any that pertained to my background and expertise.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Two phone screens and an onsite interview. The onsite interview went from morning to afternoon and lunch was provided. There was a big focus on being able to work on a team. Overall positive interview experience but did not receive the courtesy of being told their timeline for extending an offer. I initially followed up about the job in December to learn that I was still being considered for the position. It has almost been two months and I have accepted another job offer. It is safe to assume that I didn't get this job.

Research Scientist Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter working as contractor for the company - we were linked on LinkedIn. He convinced me about the position. I then had a phone interview with the HR, followed by one with the hiring manager, then a week later an all-day interview including a presentation and lunch with a group. I had the occasion to meet 1:1 with the HM, the group's lead, the RAs, as well as with other Scientists I may be working with. It was a good overview of the group, and I think they provided a good idea of what a new hire would encounter - after all, the company is also being interviewed by the candidate. Then... I waited. I could contact them and get back information on the status of my application, which I greately appreciate. One month after the interview, I was offered the position. There was no choice of negociating the package.

Interview Questions

• General questions: background, techniques, expertise, reasons for being interested in this company... What type of manager you are.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

it was a brief interview. the phone screen did not take much time as the first question was are you a green card holder or US Citizen. They said they will get back to me if they do not find another candidate

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Norwood, MA (US)).

Interview

It depends who is interviewing you but truth be told if they like you they will hire you. If your an employee referral it's more likely than not you will get hired but it's helps a lot to have an employee referral. Depending on the position you may not get interviewed by your immediate co-workers which is unusual since you would be working along side them.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Agency reached out. Did initial in-person interview with agency for vetting. They scheduled a first round in office with hiring manager at ImmunoGen. Met with two members of the recruiting team.
    Sat in offices, 1:1, for 45minutes each. Started with pleasantries and work histories. Had plenty of time for candidate questions and background inquiries on career path, history of the company, intentions of the leadership and roles for the future. Addressed questions with frank answers of spikes and opportunities of the company.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk through. "Tell me about a time when" referencing specific experiences from the resume. Followed by "What do you in a situation like..." outlining some of the struggles the company faces and ensuring the cultural fit was there.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I met 6 people for research associate position. very long and tiring. I did not really appreciate their interview strategy. Although lunch was provided, it did not elevate my opinion on the interview process.

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

The process was quite easy. The interviews were all done in one day, however, there were many people with which I had to meet. Long day, but overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really hard questions asked. Mostly were simply "Do you know how to..." or "What would you do if..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot to the negotiation. The initial offer was just under what I was looking for so it made that process pretty easy.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

interview was very comprensive and included 4 steps. First phone screen from HR and then with hiring manager. After call I was invited for onsite interview for a whole day BIG program, giving presentation, meeting many scientists, directors and VPs and lunch with RAs. After 3 days of onsite, HR called and asked for second onsite interview. I met two scientists. 4 days later got a call from HR that they want to collect references. After 1 week, again call from HR discussing about the next formalities and slight positive indication. Following day I got confirmation phone call from hiring manager about the job, and offer package.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

Had phone interview with to be manager, then came in for an interview with PhD lead, and all other lab members together. Laid back, and got to the details with questions.

Negotiation

Went through a recruiter who negotiated for me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.