J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Cardiff, Wales) in August 2018.

Interview

Easy, casual - sat down with manager and she asked a few standard questions from a sheet which you can find online - just type in Wetherspoons interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Wetherspoons?
      What makes good teamwork?
      Which pubs have you been to (Wetherspoons)?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Wigan, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Casual, friendly interview. Some situational questions; "what would you do if" kind of thing. Dressed in black shirt and black pants for my interview. Manager called and let me know I was successful within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have provided excellent customer service   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester City Centre, England) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very informal. I attended a brief interview and took part in a training workshop in which we had to answer questions about certain kinds of company policies and had to achieve a certain score.

Kitchen Porter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied for the position online and the next day got a phone call to arrange an interview. Was interviewed by 2 people in a quiet part of the pub. Over all The manager was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with and overcome any challenges you are confronted with while working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Liverpool, England) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, I was invited by text and it took place in the pub. Although it was in front of customers which i found quite daunting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about wetherspoons?
      Why would you like to work here?
      What would you do if a customer sent their food back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton upon Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Burton upon Trent, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went extremely well and the lady who interviewed me said she was very impressed and was confident that I would receive a call back regarding the job offer, so I was almost certain that I was successful, two weeks later, no call back whatsoever, plain rude and job was given to somebody else.
    Led on to believe a false sense of hope. Terrible company, don't even bother.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to work as part of a team?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helston, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Helston, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Very little eye contact from the interviewer. I got the impression the interviewer was trying to promote himself as some kind of trendsetter. He got confused with the questioning from the notes he was using.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about teamwork?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leek, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Leek, England) in October 2014.

Interview

EASY! interview went very quickly as the interviewer said the interview sheet was rubbish. Went off topic a lot and just had a fun chat. They were easy questions and was not asked to answer any of the sanario questions as there was no point. very friendly relaxed environment with a free drink.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what is your best quality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Newcastle, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, relaxed and easy.

Friday interview.
    Invited in the following Monday for an induction. Worked four hours unpaid, no problems as I have three years kitchen experience and this was more as a stop off while I went back into education.

Was told I had the job and expect a phone call on the Friday to tell me when I started. They even took my shoe and dress seizes for my work uniform.

Didn't receive a phone call, instead a crappy automated email to say I was unsuccessful.

Went in on the Monday, spoke to the manager and he said we are used to a more fast paced environment. Im used to making everuthing from scratch, this was a joke. Disgusting. Wouldn't have minded if they didn't say I didn't get the job...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked under pressure   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brigg, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Brigg, England) in December 2014.

Interview

Went online to apply where I had to enter lots of information about my previous experience in hospitality and other relevant information. I then had to complete four online tests; Numeracy, Literacy, Situation Questionnaire and a Personality Questionnaire. After this I received an email which confirmed that they had received my application and that if I don't hear from them within 14 days then the application was unsuccessful. I received an email 5 days later inviting me for an interview in 4 days. The evening of the day after the interview I received a phone call saying that I had got the job and that I was to attend a documentation interview in 5 days time.

Interview Questions

• When has working as a team been most satisfying?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you have which are relevant to the job role?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about JD Wetherspoons   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was negotiation but they asked what size uniform I would require as they are currently organising ordering the uniform for all staff

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application form online and they rang me about a week later telling me I had gotten an interview.i then received an email the day before the interview saying it was an assessment day and would last approx. 4 hours. I went in and there was about thirty people there and we all introduced ourselves. Everything was really relaxed and informal. Then we played some bingo game to get to know each other. This was followed by a team activity where we had to come up with a signature dish. We had a break and when we came back we were divided into two groups my group went for interviews while the other did another team activity (pretend. You were on an island, you had to prioritise the items) and then the two groups swapped. The interview was basic questions and was very relaxed. I got a phone call 5 days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself motivated?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.