J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Apr 2018

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through their website and the following Monday was invited for an interview (via email) for the same Thursday of that week, I arrived at the interview and was left sitting for a few minutes. I was interviewed by the manager whilst the duty manager wrote down the answers to my questions, some of the questions they asked me were pretty simple and some were difficult for me to answer due to not having a job before. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and by the end of it I felt uncomfortable and extremely insecure, I wasnt told if I had gotten the job or if and when I would be told but with the reaction both of the managers gave me when I answered some of their questions gave me the impression they didnt want me to get the job. After asking me several questions the manager then went onto talk about the job role itself and some health and safety things that by law he had to say and at one point he told me he had forgotten some of the paperwork from his office therefore I didnt receive all the information.

Interview Questions

• What is something you may find challenging about this role ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yarmouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Yarmouth, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional manager , he sat down and asked some very brief questions and then moved onto the next person - felt very rushed and he just didnt care about anything to be honest. He was very sarcastic and made me feel uncomfortable awful interview he was rude and arrogant

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Filled application form online. A few days later received a phone call of manager asking to come in for a 1:1 interview. The interview was ok however the interviewer told me I would hear back the next day what ever the outcome. Never got a call and never heard back. Think its rude and arrogant, Made all the effort being ill to go and not even a call or email to say I hadn't got it. Don't bother wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company in a year?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Bristol, England).

Interview

Had an interview, the staff member was friendly, and I thought the interview went really well. I was told I'd hear back in a few days either way - I was never contacted again. A bit inconsiderate if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had good customer service?   1 Answer

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

I had an interview with a member of staff and was offered the job there and then.
    This was then followed up by a training day which was long and boring.

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

I was introduced to the duty manager and we sat on a random table at the venue. Then she began asking me questions from a question sheet and was writing my answers on another paper. It was a 15-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about JD Wetherspoons?   2 Answers
    • How can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question
    • What would you change about the company?   Answer Question
    • What is your salary expectation?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest strength?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a person wants to enter the pub before it is opened?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Plymouth, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Bad simple man was rude waited over an hour past my interview time. Looked though my passport to see where i traveled felt rude. Felt as if he choosen a fit and could not be asked to do the rest of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Don’t understand why they ask for staff if they don’t hire the people who actually are right for the job? Required experience, great personality and customer service experince however was declined as other candidates match closely to the position than me. How? I have everything that was on the requirements? Are they god? Absolute joke. No wonder young people can’t get jobs these days

Interview Questions

• if somebody complained with cold chips what would you do   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Norwich, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Apply online - Emailed me saying I got through and asked to come in for an interview.

Very straightforward and easy - staff was friendly. Very informal chat, got offer a job on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from the service when you go to a pub?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had good customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chichester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Chichester, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview quick and rushed, was told I had the job but needed a passport or full birth certificate and was then told to get one and to ring back when it came long story short I was told to wait for the interviewing manager to get back from holiday, on the day she is meant to ring me I get a no reply email to say I was unsuccessful after making me wait around for a week, very unprofessional on their behalf. It would have been a lot more professional to tell me at the interview that I did not get the job so that I could get my documents and carry on with my job search instead i was made to believe that the job was there for me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.