J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Liverpool, England) in October 2017.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview, it was addressed as an informal chat. The pub manager and his Kitchen Manager sat in a small office, reading questions from a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us what difficulties you would find working at Wetherspoons?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester City Centre, England).

Interview

Quite long. 30-40 minutes.. make sure you smile at least 3 times (rumour has it they don't employ you if not). Do look for personality but a lot of questions about experience and what you could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about wetherspoons pubs?
      Name one time you exceeded a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Sit down chat with the area manager and pub manager. I was made to feel very comfortable from the start with which made answering the questions easier. It was standard management questions and easy to answer if you've been in a manager position before.

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Quick, brief and not very in depth, just asked about me and what I think I could bring to the role and why did I want to work for spoons. Obviously can't ask you how well you can pour a pint in an interview, so whole thing is very personality based

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Spoons   1 Answer

Kitchen Porter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied for the position online and the next day got a phone call to arrange an interview. Was interviewed by 2 people in a quiet part of the pub. Over all The manager was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with and overcome any challenges you are confronted with while working here?   Answer Question

Kitchen Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Was sat down in a room of other people being interviewed, the manager of the pub was sat opposite me and next to him someone writing notes down. Overall, the interview was a bit tense and they were simply reading questions off of their list.

Interview Questions

• If a customer says their chips are cold, how should you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Sheffield, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Short 20 minute interview, through which there was a series of questions about why I wanted to work for them and my previous employment history. followed by a 2 hour trial shift a few days later, where I was clearing tables and washing glasses, it was basically to see if I was competant at working in the role

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied via the website online and I was offered an interview within a few days. I had the interview with the manager and it was relaxed. The manager asked some situational questions as well as general interview questions.

Bar Associate Interview

Interview

Easy process, online tests followed by a quick 20 minute interview. Interviewer was overbooked and had two interviewees waiting at another table. Questions were relatively straightforward and I received a response within two days.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the mood of a team who's had a hard day?   Answer Question

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in August 2017.

Interview

The whole interview lasted maybe 15 minutes and took place on the main floor of the pub. The bar associate I spoke to when I arrived was friendly and asked if I'd like anything to drink while I waited for the manager. The manager was also really nice and I never felt uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.