J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.1

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

A short interview going over my CV and previous hospitality experience asked if I knew about the values of the company and about vetting checks etc, asked when I was able to start etc

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the current licensing laws?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Hastings, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Brief and easy, friendly atmosphere. Asked for my ID at the beginning of the interview and then checked if I had any holidays or convictions. The assistant manager took notes and the manager asked a couple of questions, then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Whats your experience?
      What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Very good process. The manager responded quickly to the application via phone and I was invited for interview. The manager conducted the interview in the restaurant itself. I was asked all the usual questions that you would expect to be asked. The only part I didn’t feel was necessary was questions about which of the other pubs I had visited and why. They clearly want to know that you’re a fan of the restaurants which I didn’t feel was necessary given the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you managed a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview about 1 week later the questions were based on different possible scenarios within the company and about your experience and what you could bring to the role. Interview was with the general manager and area manager.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. One to one interview with one of the managers the interviewer offered me the job on the spot so I took it she told me she would have to check with higher management before she could confirm but a few hours later she gave me a ring and said I got the job and that my induction was 3 days later. In the induction I signed contracts and got my uniform I went home and had to start doing online training before I could start working two weeks later I had my first shift

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in February 2020.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed, possibly the best interview process I’ve experienced. Lasted around 30 minutes and was called the same day with a job offer. Must complete training before first shift.

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

1:1 Interview with manager. Essentially asked about my availability and what experience I have already had. It was very informal and about practicalities of working there rather than me having to talk myself up. It was a guaranteed.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Interview

Relaxed interview with question related to your personality and your will to learn, team work, health and safety, previous experience and smile a lot they will take that into account possitively

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Nottingham, England) in January 2020.

Interview

It was an Easy, friendly interview. We were Very chatty but it was not very professional. They were running late so kept me later than expected but overall a really easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work there.
      What do I know.
      Flexibility.
      Hours of work.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Exeter, England).

Interview

Online test, then face to face interview at another pub. One on one with a manager who asked generic questions about customer service/bar work/ what hours I could do and when I could start.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.