J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Chester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Relaxed interview which took place at a table in the main pub area. There were two interviewers, one taking notes and one asking questions. Be yourself and show you have some personality.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Leeds, England).

Interview

Applied online and was working within a week. Really casual and relaxed. One problem i had was having the interview in the middle of the pub but just felt like a normal chat.

Interview Questions

• Tull us any experience you have   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with someone complaining their food is cold?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester City Centre, England) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very informal. I attended a brief interview and took part in a training workshop in which we had to answer questions about certain kinds of company policies and had to achieve a certain score.

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Wigan, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Casual, friendly interview. Some situational questions; "what would you do if" kind of thing. Dressed in black shirt and black pants for my interview. Manager called and let me know I was successful within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have provided excellent customer service   2 Answers

Kitchen Porter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied for the position online and the next day got a phone call to arrange an interview. Was interviewed by 2 people in a quiet part of the pub. Over all The manager was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with and overcome any challenges you are confronted with while working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Liverpool, England) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, I was invited by text and it took place in the pub. Although it was in front of customers which i found quite daunting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about wetherspoons?
      Why would you like to work here?
      What would you do if a customer sent their food back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton upon Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Burton upon Trent, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went extremely well and the lady who interviewed me said she was very impressed and was confident that I would receive a call back regarding the job offer, so I was almost certain that I was successful, two weeks later, no call back whatsoever, plain rude and job was given to somebody else.
    Led on to believe a false sense of hope. Terrible company, don't even bother.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to work as part of a team?   2 Answers

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in January 2019.

Interview

Bad. Interviewer turned up late by 5 minutes, but I wasn’t too fussed. Then asked me questions which felt a bit unrelated to the job. Also, I said “the job has good employee ratings”. She said “where did you see these ratings” I replied “on sites such as glassdoor.com”. She replied “I tend not to look at them sites because it’s full of people complaining”. And now, here I am, writing a review because they sent me an email saying “review your interview experience on glassdoor.com”. Also got disturbed half way through the interview by staff telling my interviewer she received “a phone call from her husband”. It was a bit unprofessional, but the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important when working as a team?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer
    • When have you gone out your way for other people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England).

Interview

Applied online and was given an interview the following week in the pub. Application process was very simple.
    Interview went over basics like past experience etc. I received an offer a couple of days later and had to come back for an induction.
    The Induction lasted quite long - got a tour of the pub and had to then do online training before starting work.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

It was a simple online application and about a week later they asked me to come in for an interview at the pub. Where they sat with me and asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester, England) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They need people to work for them so they are not really too fussy as long as you have some sort of kitchen experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.