J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jun 2018

2.2

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Face-to-face interview, you get interviewed by a manager and a team leader. I was interviewed within a quieter area of the pub. I was asked about knowledge of the company, about myself, what I could bring to the role, what I expect of the role etc.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview was arranged face to face .
    Essential Information about interview received by email and requirements were received after interview and for a different date/time .Interview was fair ,but could have benefitted from information beforehand.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Southampton, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Directed to an area of the pub where the interviews were taking place and talked to a fellow applicant, then had 15 minute one on one interview. Was told I would know two days later but received no call - followed up and was told I would be called but still no word to date - negative experience until I find out how it's gone.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoon   1 Answer

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day asking me to come in the following day for an interview.

Lasted about 20 minutes in front of the manager and the kitchen manager.

They asked really basic questions that essentially just asked about my skills, where I'd worked before.

it followed what looked like a basic worksheet. the manager even said himself 'yeah these questions are a bit annoying'

Some were situational questions e.g. what would you do if somebody couldn't offer you any ID after you asked for it.... (obvious answer to that one)

I can imagine that if you hadn't worked in a pub before then you would be a little more worried about the questions, but if you have then just answer them and they are easy enough.

They also asked what I would suggest to improve the pub. I was stumped. Spoons is spoons right?

eitherway, about half an hour after I left the interview the manager called and he let me know that i've got the job.

Dress code: Informal.. I wore jeans and a vest top (bloke went in before with a full suit and tie and looked a right banana)

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve Wetherspoons?   1 Answer
    • If a customer had cold chips, how would you deal with this?   1 Answer
    • When have you gone the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a confrontation with a customer?   Answer Question

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in May 2018.

Interview

It was very informal, the manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable. However, wrote barely anything down on the interview form so not sure how they plan to recall anything about the individual.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through their website and the following Monday was invited for an interview (via email) for the same Thursday of that week, I arrived at the interview and was left sitting for a few minutes. I was interviewed by the manager whilst the duty manager wrote down the answers to my questions, some of the questions they asked me were pretty simple and some were difficult for me to answer due to not having a job before. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and by the end of it I felt uncomfortable and extremely insecure, I wasnt told if I had gotten the job or if and when I would be told but with the reaction both of the managers gave me when I answered some of their questions gave me the impression they didnt want me to get the job. After asking me several questions the manager then went onto talk about the job role itself and some health and safety things that by law he had to say and at one point he told me he had forgotten some of the paperwork from his office therefore I didnt receive all the information.

Interview Questions

• What is something you may find challenging about this role ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yarmouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Yarmouth, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional manager , he sat down and asked some very brief questions and then moved onto the next person - felt very rushed and he just didnt care about anything to be honest. He was very sarcastic and made me feel uncomfortable awful interview he was rude and arrogant

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Really easy questions, it was pretty quick and they hired me on the spot. They asked how far away I lived as shifts can end pretty late and that seemed more important than any of the other things they asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer who has a complaint?   Answer Question

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Filled application form online. A few days later received a phone call of manager asking to come in for a 1:1 interview. The interview was ok however the interviewer told me I would hear back the next day what ever the outcome. Never got a call and never heard back. Think its rude and arrogant, Made all the effort being ill to go and not even a call or email to say I hadn't got it. Don't bother wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company in a year?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Bristol, England).

Interview

Had an interview, the staff member was friendly, and I thought the interview went really well. I was told I'd hear back in a few days either way - I was never contacted again. A bit inconsiderate if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had good customer service?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.