J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2018

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Bristol, England).

Interview

Had an interview, the staff member was friendly, and I thought the interview went really well. I was told I'd hear back in a few days either way - I was never contacted again. A bit inconsiderate if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had good customer service?   1 Answer

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

I had an interview with a member of staff and was offered the job there and then.
    This was then followed up by a training day which was long and boring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Plymouth, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Bad simple man was rude waited over an hour past my interview time. Looked though my passport to see where i traveled felt rude. Felt as if he choosen a fit and could not be asked to do the rest of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Don’t understand why they ask for staff if they don’t hire the people who actually are right for the job? Required experience, great personality and customer service experince however was declined as other candidates match closely to the position than me. How? I have everything that was on the requirements? Are they god? Absolute joke. No wonder young people can’t get jobs these days

Interview Questions

• if somebody complained with cold chips what would you do   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

I was introduced to the duty manager and we sat on a random table at the venue. Then she began asking me questions from a question sheet and was writing my answers on another paper. It was a 15-minute interview.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helston, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Helston, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Very little eye contact from the interviewer. I got the impression the interviewer was trying to promote himself as some kind of trendsetter. He got confused with the questioning from the notes he was using.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about teamwork?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Saint Albans, England).

Interview

45-minute face to face There looking for friendly personalities. There is criteria that you must at least smile 3 times. The interview follows a procedure on a sheet. Everything at J D Weatherspoon has a procedure.

Interview Questions

• It was a long time ago but they were mainly about past experience and teamwork.   1 Answer

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied online, called for interview, took the interview, took a trial shift and received a job offer. Very quick, efficient and straightforward. The manager did not write anything down but then I realised he wanted to pay attention to what I was saying.

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Sheffield, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy, the staff made me feel welcome and comfortable and basically went through my CV. Questions were asked about my previous experience, working in a team, my experience with Wetherspoons and how they could improve, how much training I would require in terms of product knowledge etc

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was great and went very well, I answered all questions well that I was offered a trial shift afterward. After my trial shift one of the MANAGERS took me to the side and said he would be glad to employ me and said he would be in touch in 2 DAYS. 2 days pass and I had not yet received a call, so I had to get in touch with them 5 days after my shift and they told me they would phone the next dayas the manager who interviewed me and looked after me during my trial shift was not in that day. Another 4 days after I had phoned passed, so I took it upon myself to phone back, a manager answered and apologized and said he'd phone back within 5 minutes and tell me whats going on. No phone call back just an email telling me that I didn't get the job when after my trial shift the manager was planning on putting me on the rota in 2 weeks. I have declined interviews after my trial shift as I was made to believe I already had the job. Very disappointed about the outcome and very unprofessional. I will never visit this Wetherspoons, The Esquire again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.