Jump Trading Algorithmic Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jump Trading Algorithmic Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at Jump Trading

3.4

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Full-day on-site interview. I met many members of the team, and was shown around the office. They put us in a pretty nice situation as well. The interviewers were mostly other algorithmic traders, though at the end we had a final interview with one of the partners. Overall, I think they treated us well and the traders were intelligent people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jump Trading

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The process was efficient (no reimbursements, yay!) and they were friendly. Half the interview was math based and half the interview was programming based. It took half a day. (This was after being screened by an in-person interview at my university.)

Interview Questions

• Here's a laptop with a C++ environment. Here's piece of paper describing an algorithm. Try to implement it and we'll be back in half an hour to see your progress. If you don't know C++, write it in another language -- it doesn't have to compile.   Answer Question

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was a 45 minute on-campus interview with two traders in which I was given three questions: one probability, one coding, and one puzzle/brainteaser. I made mistakes on all three, but sort of got the right answers eventually. The final round is on-site in Chicago, which includes one coding interview and two quantitative interviews. The coding interview was fairly easy, but I did not prepare enough for the quantitative ones (the questions were pretty common/typical however).

Interview Questions

• Expect questions about all kinds of mathematics, including probability and linear algebra.   Answer Question

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading in October 2015.

Interview

I had an interview on campus. For 45 minutes, 2 Interviewers came and asked probability and coding questions. When you are stuck, they gave you a hint and try to give a direction. Recruiters are really friendly and try to help you out. The interview was casual, did not require a formal attire.

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading in October 2015.

Interview

Signed on careers website through university portal. Recruiter emailed and contacted for interview. Interview was on campus and I met with two interviewers both very accomplished and well prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions and probability questions   1 Answer

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

Typically it consists of one or more phone interviews, usually both personality-oriented and technically oriented. On site interview is typically a full day of math/programming/quant interviews from one or more trading groups. Difficulty depends on the person interviewer.
    The entire process was quite efficient, and decision makers like to make sure quick turn around for the candidates whom they're interested in.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are pretty standard. They may give you a coding questions in front of a computer to test your coding speed, so make sure you're not too rusty when it comes to actual coding.   Answer Question

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Interview

I applied online, no online test were required, just CV & cover letter. They scheduled a phone interview (1 hour long). At first I did not have a great connection and they had to call me back, they were really nice about it. The interviewer asked me about a point in my cv, about my education and then proceeded to some maths&programming questions.

Interview Questions

• We take turn flipping a coin, the first one that get a tail win the game. Is it an even game ? if not what is the probability of the first player winning.   3 Answers
    • X,Y ~ Phi(0,1) (normal distribution). What is the probability that X > 5*Y   4 Answers

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

I got an interview on school campus, 2 interviewers, 3 questions, 45 minutes. The questions are not too difficult. However, your approach to the solution has to match the approach that they have in their hand; otherwise they will ask you to solve the problem the way that they know even though you know that your approach will give the same solution as their approach.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a link list without using loops?   2 Answers
    • 4 balls in a bag: 2 reds, 2 blacks. Randomly pick 2 balls, paint the second ball to color of the first ball. Find the expected number of times until all the balls have the same color.   14 Answers
    • a^2+b^2 = c^2, a+b+c = 40, and a,b,c are positive integers. What are a,b,and c?   7 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.