Jump Trading Interview Questions

Updated 2 Aug 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 135 of over 135 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jump Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Jump Trading (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Online codility, 1 leetcode hard (KMP string matching algorithm) and 1 awful code commeting question for a regex parser ( python cls vs self, inheritence, ittertools, etc ) Rejected at this stage, I know some people get 2 algorithm questiosn so I will try again next year and hope to avoid the code commenting question.

Interview Questions
  • Given 2 string and a parent string find index matches of both in parent Comment very complex python code
    Answer Question

Jump Trading

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jump Trading

Interview

Very long and thorough got to meet with every single person on the team as well as employees who I would be working very closely with. Great HR team. But felt too long and too many rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral, tell me about a time when, why this role, tell me about yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Melbourne) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview starts with Zoom interview with 2 technical team members, one from SW and 1 from HW. After that it's a coding assignment where you have to solve problem. It's done online via HackerRank website.

Interview Questions
  • How do you rate yourself from 1 to 10 in terms of C++ and RTL skill?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jump Trading (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

AVOID. This joke of a company expected me to waste my weekend doing a coding challenge (with a question which was nothing to do with the role applied for) before they would grace me with their time for a real interview. This is despite my extensive open source contributions which they were welcome to review, and would probably take less of their time to review then a coding challenge. Thoughtless people. Companies like this, who don't respect your time before you have even interviewed there, are not going to respect your time when you do work there. So just say no to these stupid take home exercises (especially when you already have a portfolio of work to back yourself up with) Initial conversation which lead up to this was a chat with the hiring manager, who to me sounded like the usual hands off middle management technically incompetent type you find all over these hedge funds, who got in before the hiring process become totally ludicrous and unreasonable like it is today.

Interview Questions
  • Coding challenge: Implement a order limit book management system with bids and offers in a serialized format
5 people found this interview helpful

Jump Trading

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading in Mar 2021

Interview

You have two hours to pass an online coding test with 3 problems, two of them being just an unreadable wall of text. The absolute worst online test I ever had.

Interview Questions
  • Read this 3-page spec of some internal format and find bugs in the code which implements it.
4 people found this interview helpful

Jump Trading

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jump Trading

Interview

I contacted one of their campus recruiters, and they arranged a 30min phone conversation for me. Consequently, I received an email for a phone interview with a quant researcher. he asked me questions about coding, prob., stats, linear algebra, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Fill out the entries of a matrix such that its inverse would be integer.
2 people found this interview helpful

Jump Trading

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Jump Trading in Mar 2021

Interview

Took two months of multiple rounds of interviews. Extremely unprofessional. Expect to be worked to the bone in this job. Long hours. Lack of congruence between HR and the management team over how many hours this position is supposed to work per week and how strenuous this job is.

Interview Questions
  • Expect to take a very high pressure exam or a difficult take-home project?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (London, England, England)

Interview

Interviewed with jump trading Singapore. Waited for 2 weeks with no update before I asked them for feedback. Turns out someone apparently had sent an email but I never received it (must have sent to wrong address, or just didn't bother sending). Asked for email to be resent and was told email has been re-sent. Once again nothing. Had to ask a third time and finally got a very generic 'thanks but no thanks' email. Asked for specific feedback and was told I would receive specific feedback. Been 3 weeks since then, and nothing. Absolute shambles of a hiring process. Not sure what it says about the working culture of the firm.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Rome) in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied online. I had an initial interview with the team director, which didn't seem to know a lot about sport, but he was friendly and the interview relaxed. I have been contacted immediately for a second interview more technical. It was more about my background, my sporting knowledge and some technical questions. I have never heard back from them after the interview, a "sorry we would not proceed further with the process" would have been very appreciated as I lost 2 hours with the interviews, you could have lost 1 minute for the feedback or at least a rejection.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Jump Trading

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Trading

Interview

What are the important categories of software? What is the main difference between a computer program and computer software? What is software re-engineering? Describe the software development process in brief: What are SDLC models available?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Interviews