Jump Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jump Trading Interview Questions

Interviews at Jump Trading

3.2

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The HR person called and said she would send me an assignment to complete. An hour later I get that assignment, took me 2 nights to write, not super complicated but long. I submitted the code and emailed the HR person that the code was submitted, didn't get a response for 3 days, so I email the HR person again, still nothing. After emailing the HR for the 3rd time, I finally receive an answer saying it's still needs to be reviewed. Another week goes by and I ping her again, nothing, after the 2nd time she finally says that they decided to pass on me. I honestly never met such a disrespectful HR person, didn't even get upset about not passing because I would not want to work for such a company

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading in December 2019.

Interview

I saw them at the career fair and decided to talk to them. I got an interview. The coding challenge was moderately difficult (lower end of leetcode medium). They ask questions related to data structures. They want to see if you know that material.

Interview Questions

• What was the largest coding project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Interview

on campus interview followed by on-site interview. mostly stats, math, algorithms and programming, plus a behavioral interview. people were generally friendly and open to questions. the process was efficient and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• some whiteboard coding, some probability and tricky math problems   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Pitts, PA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was asked one tech question. Interview was 1 hr they told let’s only focus on tech round. They gave me a pen and white board to answer the question. I had to write code and describe my solution alongside.

Interview Questions

• There was a string of postfix expressions including macros and call operations. We had to write a program correctly processing it and executing the results.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jump Trading.

Interview

I had an amazing experience at Jump. Everyone I met with was very friendly and knew what they were talking about. The office was beautiful. They have an in house barista and salad bar for lunch.

Dev Ops Interview

Interview

Talked with recruiter, Python coding challenge, phone interview

They forgot to call me at my interview time. I sat there for an hour waiting for the call, but nothing happened. I emailed them and it took them another hour to reply, so overall 2 hours to figure out what was going on. It took them 4 days to reschedule my interview. It felt like they just didn't care.

Interview Questions

• How would you see all the open connections on a server?   1 Answer

Web Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Take-home coding challenge focusing on web technologies, phone screen with conceptual questions, and onsite with technical and design questions. Many opportunities to speak with developers and get to know the company pace and culture.

Interview Questions

• Create a one-page web application which fetches market data from multiple APIs and display them in a sortable table.   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading in October 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application through my university. Got an on-campus interview a month later. When I arrived, I was told that my interviewer was still busy, so they assigned two random interviewers who were just hanging around to interview me. They didn't have a copy of my resume and so knew nothing about my background. Both interviewers were non-native English speakers, so I had a lot of trouble understanding what they wanted me to do. I spent almost half of my time asking clarifying questions. Got the standard rejection letter a week later.

Interview Questions

• Run one iteration of bubble sort. What's the probability that the array is now sorted?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very unorganized. No schedule given. No end time. It was like OK let's see who else is available to interview you. Very long day with no clear process. Overall compared to other companies I interviewed it was not a good experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process went smooth, and they were quite friendly to give you hint. They asked me three questions. You had an hour to work them out. They also prepared for pen and paper.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.