Kurt Geiger Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kurt Geiger Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was brief and friendly. It was a one on one with the manager in which she asked me a few simple questions about myself and my past experience. She also inquired what I would bring to this position and what my preferred salary would be.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in sales before?
      Have you ever been paid commission?
      Are you aware of our product?
      Who told you about our job opening?
      Where did you first hear about us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the start and end of my employment. I was also able to negotiate what my started wage would be and when my hours would be. They were very flexible.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy application via company website, received offer for interview within 14h of sending off application. When interview was supposed to happen Kirsty (recruiting agent) did not call or answer any of my emails for the next 5 days to explain why she didnt call me at the time of the interview. Only after sending her consecutive emails she responded and said the position had been filled. Extremely unprofessional and rude given that I had prepared for the phone interview within a day.

Kurt Geiger Response

24 Aug 2017 – Resourcing Assistant

Hello, really sorry to hear this, can you please email our Recruitment Manager, Sophie Garrard - sophie.garrard@kurtgeiger.com and she will look into this. Thanks, Kurt Geiger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England).

Interview

Handed my CV in into the store and was given a call within 10 minutes. I explained that I had very limited service and requested to call back later however they refused to allow me to do so. Was interviewed briefly on the phone about what I knew about the company and was asked to come in for a group task and interview over the weekend. Was made to work two hours on the shop floor, unpaid.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you received bad customer service   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Generic questions and 1 hour shop floor trial. Someone handed in my CV for me and the store manager asked me to come in for an interview and shop floor trial. You have to wear all black for the floor trial.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England).

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was invited for an interview with one of the area managers. A few days later I was contacted by another store manager asking me to come in for a trial shift. This lasted around two hours and I was taught how to use the till, where everything was in the stockroom and served a few customers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave exceptional customer service.

How do you think you will meet the high targets?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Invited to a recruitment day with about 12 of us. It was okay. We had to do 3 tasks. An ice breaker; what is your name, explain your outfit and if you wanted to be a celebrity who would you be. Then we were given shoes and had to sell them. We were then given words from Kurt Geigers "DNA" and explain what it means to us. I didnt get an offer cause i didnt meet the "criteria" however i worked in Dune for about 8 months alongside a Kurt Geiger concession and did explain i helped out and knew how to sell shoes, i clearly met the criter. Very dissappointed.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger in February 2017.

Interview

Have been receiving calls from the company for about 3 months offering me roles etc when I told them I already had a job. My job ended as it was temp so decided to go for it. Went in for a 'quick chat' which lasted about 5 minutes and then was asked to come back in for a trial shift.
    Came back for a trial shift where I was put on the shop floor and greeted all the customers, sold 3 pairs of shoes but then nobody ever called me so I called for feedback where she said I'd been unsuccessful and not spoken to or engaged enough with the customers. She hadn't been in on the day and relied on feedback from her supervisor who was off the shop floor more of the time or chatting with other colleagues.
    They definitely are looking for sales advisors who pounce on customers as soon as they walk in and which I noticed would scare people off. The main issue is the not contacting somebody after having asked them to come in for a trial shift, very rude and unprofessional. Hopefully they can learn some common courtesy and get in touch with people especially after having asked them in twice.

Interview Questions

• Past experience of other roles, the first chat didn't last very long and she asked to come back in for a trial shift. She was more interested in talking about mutual people we knew - not very professional.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger in February 2017.

Interview

Went for 2 interviews and was told both went well, a few days later the recruiter asked when Is a good time in the day to "catch up". However I never heard back! Very unproffesional!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (Wigan, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone call
    Interview with Branch Manager (very relaxed interview made you feel at ease like you could be yourself)
    Second interview with Area Manager (threw questions at you whilst you was trying to answer the question she had just given you, very ignorant)
    Floor trail

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you would love to work for Kurt Geiger?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you feel you would bring to the team?   1 Answer

Wholesale Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Quite informal interview. Why you want to work for KG? Talk about your experiences etc. The follow up process is atrocious quite frankly and the HR recruiter should of been more professional by providing feedback (despite a few calls asking for information!!) on whether I made it to the next process . Which BY LAW , if a candidate is unsuccessful, feedback must of be provided which what they should of LEGALLY done. Really puts me of the brand to be honest as I shop there quite frequently!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.