Kurt Geiger Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kurt Geiger Interview Questions

Updated 3 Jun 2018

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was brief and friendly. It was a one on one with the manager in which she asked me a few simple questions about myself and my past experience. She also inquired what I would bring to this position and what my preferred salary would be.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in sales before?
      Have you ever been paid commission?
      Are you aware of our product?
      Who told you about our job opening?
      Where did you first hear about us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the start and end of my employment. I was also able to negotiate what my started wage would be and when my hours would be. They were very flexible.

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Started well, they got in touch and quickly set up and interview. Interviewers were pleasant and was a good experience. However, follow-up was shocking. Was told I was through to next round (which never materialised) then waited 3.5 months to be told the position was recruited for internally in the end. Very negative experience.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy application via company website, received offer for interview within 14h of sending off application. When interview was supposed to happen Kirsty (recruiting agent) did not call or answer any of my emails for the next 5 days to explain why she didnt call me at the time of the interview. Only after sending her consecutive emails she responded and said the position had been filled. Extremely unprofessional and rude given that I had prepared for the phone interview within a day.

Kurt Geiger Response

24 Aug 2017 – Resourcing Assistant

Hello, really sorry to hear this, can you please email our Recruitment Manager, Sophie Garrard - sophie.garrard@kurtgeiger.com and she will look into this. Thanks, Kurt Geiger

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (Manchester, England) in April 2014.

Interview

had to do a business plan and do a SWAT analysis on the company. The questions asked were quite basic and easy enough to answer. Then had to do a floor walk of the shopfloor and went through layout/staff. Speak about products but main focus is customer service.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy regular sales interview - asked to sell a random object to the manager and just a few easy interview questions. Then availability and how long I intend to be with the company. Just a very standard sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell this scarf from Dior to me that costs £650 (and was given the picture of a scarf)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (Nottingham, England) in April 2015.

Interview

I took my cv in and spoke to a KG sales advisor about the position. I got a phone call two days later and we went straight into a telephone interview. She asked about me, why I want to work at kurt Geiger and then invited me to do a floor trial.

The floor trail was for 30-45 minutes and it was just simply to see how I was with customers. --be happy and positive.

I then left and she said she'll be in touch. She called me later that day and invited me to a face to face interview. I had the interview 2 days later and she asked questions such as who are our competitors, why do you want to work here and situations that you have worked in before. She also asked me to sell her a pair of shoes.

Overall great experience. Lovely people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed, came into the office and filled out forms including availabilities etc. We were then asked to wait, for quite a while - 30mins or so, the interviewees were then asked to move into the staff room until called. We moved into a spacious meeting room, where a store manager and recruitment lady where. Which is where the interview took place. It was fairly quick and lasted approx' 30 mins. Very friendly ladies interviewing. I was called back that same night by the manager of HOF Oxford Street offered me the job. I ended up staying at the store for a total of 5 weeks, however left due to finding a job that paid more. Very great team I worked with, however pay was fairly low - £7.20

Interview Questions

• Why work for Kurt Geiger?   Answer Question
    • How would you deliver a luxury customer experience?   Answer Question
    • What key attributes do you think someone in luxury retail should hold?   Answer Question
    • We were given an item, shoe or bag and asked to pitch it to the group (using features and benefits)   Answer Question
    • Describe the outfit you wore and tell us about your shoes   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (Wigan, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone call
    Interview with Branch Manager (very relaxed interview made you feel at ease like you could be yourself)
    Second interview with Area Manager (threw questions at you whilst you was trying to answer the question she had just given you, very ignorant)
    Floor trail

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you would love to work for Kurt Geiger?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you feel you would bring to the team?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England).

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was invited for an interview with one of the area managers. A few days later I was contacted by another store manager asking me to come in for a trial shift. This lasted around two hours and I was taught how to use the till, where everything was in the stockroom and served a few customers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave exceptional customer service.

How do you think you will meet the high targets?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Generic questions and 1 hour shop floor trial. Someone handed in my CV for me and the store manager asked me to come in for an interview and shop floor trial. You have to wear all black for the floor trial.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.