Kurt Geiger Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.6
Neil Clifford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Disconnect between head office and retail stores especially in a concession (in 15 reviews)

• area manager is a nightmare - RUDE/ bully (in 10 reviews)

1. "Sales assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Kurt Geiger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount on shoes. Great team. So understanding when it comes to exam periods etc

Cons

None I can think of

"Good ethics but poor management"

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with the employees in store and even the store manager, the environment was friendly and made you want to go to work everyday. The company had good incentives in place which created healthy competition between stores and employees. The company were also big on allowing any employee who wanted to develop their knowledge and skills, they put tools in place for employees to work their way up. Company have good staff discount, and I particularly enjoy the training sessions that we had every month.

Cons

The area manager for the north, was genuinely the most horrific human I have ever had to deal with. I don’t know one employee in the company that had a good work to say about her, and I know a lot of store managers that left purely because of how she handled and dealt with people. This was unfortunate as we had another area manager before her who was much more supportive and motivating. Now I have myself worked as a manager and worked under numerous managers in different work places and I understand that as a manager you have to be firm but fair but this particular AM was just firm and unfair. She had absolutely no people skills, and talked to people like they were nothing. She used to make you dread going into work if you knew she was visiting the store. She made no positive impact on the store and team and instead of motivating you (which any good manager does), she had the opposite effect and made you feel deflated and not want to work. I did want to progress in the company after I had been running a store for a short time but the AMs attitude and behaviour eventually made me give up the position and then leave to work for another company.

Advice to Management

Great company, just a shame about the particular area manager who I believe didn’t embody the Kurt Geiger dna.

3. "Kurt Geiger Selfridges"

I worked at Kurt Geiger part-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits including discounting.

Cons

Disconnect between head office and retail stores especially in a concession

4. "pay review"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Kurt Geiger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good manager and pay is above minimum wage

Cons

Bonus is hard to achieve

"Sales Assistant"

I have been working at Kurt Geiger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a free pair of shoes
    50% discount for kurt geiger brands and 30% for external brands

Cons

Management is really poor, can't even figure out how to do a simple rota
    If you ask for a day off, management 'punishes' you by working 7 days straight with no days off

Advice to Management

Listen to your colleagues needs as their the ones pushing the sales for you to get your monthly bonus.

Thank you for your review.

We value all feedback in order to continue to find ways to improve working at Kurt Geiger, an environment that so many of our team members love. Please can you... More

"Great company and Fun work !"

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and forward thinking company. Hr structure and L&D is fantastic

Cons

Pay rates.. lack of inclusiveness at times.

7. "Sales Assistant"

I have been working at Kurt Geiger part-time

Pros

good hourly rate and working conditions

Cons

Lack of communication from manager and HR

"brand ambassador"

I have been working at Kurt Geiger part-time

Pros

good training on the brand and how to give excellent customer service

good discount

Cons

poor organisation

poor pay

poor incentives that are unrealistic

Advice to Management

consider more incentives or anything to keep employees more motivated

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Bath, England
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Bath, England

I worked at Kurt Geiger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get work shoes twice a year that you get too keep when the season has finished. Can work a small amount of hours or as a weekend job so good for students. It was a very clean store and everything was very clean but I could already tell there was something off when I started there a sort of under the surface ‘bitchy tension’.

Cons

I disliked the competitive nature that I understand comes with the job however I believe healthy competition is a good thing. I’m this case it wasn’t like that and I didn’t appreciate everyone’s sales being up on the board and my manager stating she was watching the people who weren’t selling as much. Even after a day where not many people came in or wanted to buy something we were expected to magically persuade a woman/man who couldn’t even get there foot into the shoe to buy something! I felt very forced having to follow all the ‘KG says’ pushy selling techniques as far as being made to compliment women sometimes even having to lie to them telling them you liked their hair in hope they’d try on a pair of shoes and make you a sale. The worst thing about the job for me was once i finally felt comfortable in the company and I was doing really well a small issue acured where I was waiting outside the store to be let in but I wasn’t let in till the time the store opened. I thought nothing of it. I was then publicly shamed on the Facebook group when I didn’t even realise there was an issue. Fuethermore the next incident that occurred that truly upset me was receiving a message from my manager saying ‘Where are you! The store is open and you are not here!’. When on my rota it said I was not in that day, unbeknown to my knowledge the Rota had been changed, I had not been made aware of this and was quite disappointed and disgusted in the way the manager uses Facebook as a tool to isolate and say negative things about her staff that demotive and unfortunately in this case leave a good worker with fear, anxiety attacks and dread.

Advice to Management

Don’t use Facebook to publicly shame a colleague only use it for positive reinforcement. If you need to talk to a colleague privately message them. You are ostracising them by doing this not motivating them. Think of others first.

Thank you for your review.

"Worse company, stay way from them"

Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England
    Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are based in Harrods like i was you get the staff discount on designer brands

Cons

£8 hour basic
    Managment is a disgrace
    Long Hours (no paid overtime)
    No Development