L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Jul 2018
1,098 Interview Reviews

3.1

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews/ screenings before being invited to interview in person. I was asked to prepare a presentation about myself and my work experience. The panel interviewing me asked basic and standard questions about job related incidents/work experience. The process took four weeks and the attitude of the people interviewing me did not inspire me to desire a job there.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Franklin, NJ (US)).

Interview

I received a call from HR about my resume. I applied for another position but they thought I was a fit for a position they had available. HR explained the position and asked me a few questions about my degrees, experience, etc. Not in much detail.

Offered to schedule a phone interview for the next day for about 30 mins. Again I was asked about my experience, education, why I wanted to leave my current position, why am I interested in the position, etc.

From there scheduled a panel interview for the next week. It consisted of 3 parts: Presentation about myself (resume and a project that I completed at work/ school), a panel interview and then a case study (about on the job work which is done by someone in the dept you would be working in).

Tips:
    Arrive about 25 mins early
    ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure to take notes while they are answering your questions
    Be confident

Interview Questions

• What do I consider a failure? What has been the most difficult person to work with and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Happy with what they offered, didn't negotiate.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Piscataway, NJ (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

go through case study about a potential crisis that could arise. given about 30 minutes to prepare alone and then meet with 2 directors to discuss your process. then present about yourself a slide show that is prepared ahead of time to 2 different directors and answer questions like a typical interview

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

As you'd expect for a large corporation. Lots of rounds and multiple team members to gain insight of previous work experience and overall personality match. Do study up on the brand you are applying for and also showcase your thinking process and how you arrive at a solution/campaign idea.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was asked to come in with about a week's notice, and was very excited to be meeting with 4 of the senior brand people (VP, SVP, etc.). The interviews were very long--I spent a total of about 5 hours in the office that day--and I was grilled about my marketing experiences, ability to work independently, my skills, etc. Some of the people I met with told me that L'Oreal tends to be very unorganized and that I need to be able to work autonomously and be able to shift gears at any given moment because of this lack of organization. One interviewer also pointed out that L'Oreal was great from the outside looking in, but was a "big monster" once you got in the doors.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experiences in marketing, social media, product development, and familiarity with the skincare industry (It was for a brand in ACD). I was asked to give examples of how I worked autonomously, an example of a challenge I've faced in my current position that I was able to overcome, and examples of social media campaigns I'd run. One interviewer grilled me about how my education in Psychology was relevant to marketing (personally, I think there's a huge crossover in psychology and marketing), asked if I've worked with legal teams (L'Oreal has a very extensive legal department) and how much I've been involved in product development and clinical claims development, as well as how much experience I had working with retail. They were standard interview questions, but the atmosphere was very tense.   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

Hiring and interview process and welcome are amazing. they want you to be happy and succeed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy. it was negotiated by a recruiter

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ (US)).

Interview

The interview went pretty well. It did not take that long as others interviews. The interviewers were very nice and very respectful. They made me feel very comfortable.the interview went very smooth and the questions were not that hard. just the usual interview questions

Interview Questions

• whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Florence, KY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was called by a temporary service about this position which was not advertized. The representative found my resume on monster.com and decided that I would be a good fit for this position and sent the resume over to Loreal. Loreal called the temp service and requested that I come in for an interview the following day which I agreed to. There were two interviewers present, the head of the HR department and the assistant QC Lab Manager.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. It's just that there weren't very many of them and the responses that I got from the interviewers towards my answers were somewhat apathetic. The entire interview took less than 10 minutes. Also I noticed that both interviewers were looking at their cell phones (probably checking the time) when I was answering their questions. It's almost as if they had already selected a candidate but I was being interviewed as a curteousy to someone, of course that is purely speculation. It could be that they had someone with a completely different profile in mind altoghether at some point early in the interview process. I didn't get any other feedback about the interview other than that I was not being considered.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Columbia, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

My sister has a friend at the company and introduced us. I then contacted her and we had a nice email conversation and she passed on my information to someone who was better suited to talk to me about opportunities. Then a 30 minute phone interview was conducted and it was awesome, fun, and really exciting.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you do in school and what does your major consist of?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a very brief interview process. It seems as though they are not exactly sure what they are looking for, but need someone to revamp their social media. I suggested a couple of ideas, but it seems as though they are looking for one correct answer. The interview process was completely painless and I'm sure that they are a wonderful company to work for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.