MHR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MHR

MHR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MHR in Feb 2021

Interview

Interview was conducted remotely via teams. Friendly and relaxed though still keeping professional. Spoke to MD straight after initial interview to let me know I got the job. Can't wait to start

Interview Questions
  • Scenario s
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MHR (Leicester, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

great process. Easy to talk to interviewer. Tough questions but recruiter was nice and exaplained everything in the process well. It was a 2 stage process long winded. Would recommend to apply to this company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

214 Comments

Join the conversation on

MHR

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MHR in May 2020

Interview

CV submission, telephone calls with in house recruiting specialist, informal chat / experience review with hiring manager then a presentation to both of them and one other. Emily the recruiter was very personable and kept me well in touch with progress. She also informed me that I was not in the shortlist for the final stage. The reasons for not progressing were a bit light. It was a quirky requirement and I was a good match but the feedback was “not a close enough match” which was didn’t give me anything tangible to think about. I guess nothing ventured nothing gained and no hard feelings!

Interview Questions
  • Presentation on "Driving Operational Excellence in the delivery of Professional Services".

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MHR (Nottingham, England) in May 2020

Interview

A very smooth process with great communication throughout from the Talent/Recruitment Mgr at MHR. Despite Covid19 they were able to keep the process moving and provided regular updates, helping to keep you feeling up to date and aware of what is happening in the process.

Interview Questions
  • Good questioning, predominantly on scenario's and achievements.

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MHR (Nottingham, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

Very well managed interview process. Extremely professional and was well informed all the way through. Fairly standard 3 step process - initial conversation with HR / Talent business partner, then in depth interview with the person that would be my manager, followed by a final interview with 2 senior directors. All very friendly - a real two way process. Didn't feel like an examination - I felt the interviewers got to know me rather than just asked purposefully contentious questions. Also felt that I got a lot of opportunities to ask questions, and get a feel of the personality of the business. Wasn't asked to prepare a presentation or anything like that, which is unusual for a relatively senior role, but was very refreshing. It felt like the interviewers were confident enough to make a decision without going through that slightly fake process that takes up a lot of everyone's time.

Interview Questions
  • All fairly standard questions around experience and competencies.

MHR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MHR

Interview

First phone interview, second interview in person with HR and line manager, final interview with CEO and Director of the department. Final interview formal, at Ruddington Hall and had to give a presentation. All went fine and they asked when I could start and what salary I was looking for (I was well within their range). Then nothing. They ghosted me, and just readvertised the position with a new agency. Didn't let me know, didn't call or take my calls, didn't respond to my polite emails asking if there is any movement. For an HR company, this is incredibly rude and inappropriate IMHO. Two afternoons off work and 50 quid on taxis wasted on a firm that doesn't even bother to tell you you were unsuccessful. Very disappointing performance on their part.

Interview Questions
  • Had to give a presentation on a likely complex task the role would undertake.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruddington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at MHR (Ruddington, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

First task included doing a group task with a given scenario, with each group presenting their ideas. My group brief was creating an interface for an app. Afterwards, was a break where you get to talk to other employees about their jobrole. Two interviews were after which was technical and general about your skills and experience. My last task was a JSON test which was on paper which was code and had to answer questions. I did not hear back from the company regarding my status and was unprofessional when continually ignoring my emails and calls for updates.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

MHR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR

Interview

Applied online and didn't receive a response for over 9 (nine) weeks. Poor feedback and somewhat unprofessionally delivered too. How many times do candidates encounter recruiters whose experience (which you can check on LinkedIn) prove to be so narrow that they go for safe options, seemingly not considering the strength that comes from challenging experiences from a different sector? Why do those ultimately accountable for talent acquisition and organisational capability employ people who clearly don't possess the courage or the capability to diversify their candidate pool?

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

MHR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MHR

Interview

Had a chat initially with the recruitment manager at the time, who tried to sell the role quite heavily to me. Ultimately we couldn't decide on a salary. As a recruiter and HR professional and as a customer your customer service is terrible, the recruitment software aged, very public sector orientated, and it just doesn't do what it needs to do The recruitment manager was replaced then replaced again, then he left.........

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruddington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR (Ruddington, England)

Interview

Attended for interview but did not receive the courtesy of any follow up communication whatsoever. This would be poor for any company but is absolutely inexcusable for an HR company. Traditional interview which included significant focus on the involvement of the owner. The environment is very old fashioned and although I fully support maintaining professional standards, even I found the upholding of antiquated traditions (as highlighted in numerous reviews) out of touch in today's age. My overriding impression was of a 'them and us' culture.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews