MHR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at MHR

2.5

Head of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MHR (Nottingham, England) in May 2020.

Interview

A very smooth process with great communication throughout from the Talent/Recruitment Mgr at MHR. Despite Covid19 they were able to keep the process moving and provided regular updates, helping to keep you feeling up to date and aware of what is happening in the process.

Interview Questions

• Good questioning, predominantly on scenario's and achievements.   Answer Question

Head of Professional Services Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at MHR in May 2020.

Interview

CV submission, telephone calls with in house recruiting specialist, informal chat / experience review with hiring manager then a presentation to both of them and one other.

Emily the recruiter was very personable and kept me well in touch with progress. She also informed me that I was not in the shortlist for the final stage. The reasons for not progressing were a bit light. It was a quirky requirement and I was a good match but the feedback was “not a close enough match” which was didn’t give me anything tangible to think about.

I guess nothing ventured nothing gained and no hard feelings!

Interview Questions

• Presentation on "Driving Operational Excellence in the delivery of Professional Services".   Answer Question

Head of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MHR (Nottingham, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Very well managed interview process. Extremely professional and was well informed all the way through.

Fairly standard 3 step process - initial conversation with HR / Talent business partner, then in depth interview with the person that would be my manager, followed by a final interview with 2 senior directors. All very friendly - a real two way process. Didn't feel like an examination - I felt the interviewers got to know me rather than just asked purposefully contentious questions. Also felt that I got a lot of opportunities to ask questions, and get a feel of the personality of the business.

Wasn't asked to prepare a presentation or anything like that, which is unusual for a relatively senior role, but was very refreshing. It felt like the interviewers were confident enough to make a decision without going through that slightly fake process that takes up a lot of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• All fairly standard questions around experience and competencies.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MHR.

Interview

First phone interview, second interview in person with HR and line manager, final interview with CEO and Director of the department. Final interview formal, at Ruddington Hall and had to give a presentation. All went fine and they asked when I could start and what salary I was looking for (I was well within their range).

Then nothing.

They ghosted me, and just readvertised the position with a new agency. Didn't let me know, didn't call or take my calls, didn't respond to my polite emails asking if there is any movement. For an HR company, this is incredibly rude and inappropriate IMHO.

Two afternoons off work and 50 quid on taxis wasted on a firm that doesn't even bother to tell you you were unsuccessful. Very disappointing performance on their part.

Interview Questions

• Had to give a presentation on a likely complex task the role would undertake.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR.

Interview

Applied online and didn't receive a response for over 9 (nine) weeks. Poor feedback and somewhat unprofessionally delivered too.

How many times do candidates encounter recruiters whose experience (which you can check on LinkedIn) prove to be so narrow that they go for safe options, seemingly not considering the strength that comes from challenging experiences from a different sector?

Why do those ultimately accountable for talent acquisition and organisational capability employ people who clearly don't possess the courage or the capability to diversify their candidate pool?

Recruitment Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MHR.

Interview

Had a chat initially with the recruitment manager at the time, who tried to sell the role quite heavily to me. Ultimately we couldn't decide on a salary.

As a recruiter and HR professional and as a customer your customer service is terrible, the recruitment software aged, very public sector orientated, and it just doesn't do what it needs to do

The recruitment manager was replaced then replaced again, then he left.........

Interview Questions

MHR Response

18 Dec 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review regarding an interview for a Recruitment Business Partner. However, I am slightly at a loss as we haven’t carried out any interviews for this position for at least 10 months. But as you have taken the time to post a review, I would like to respond to your comments. In relation to the software in the last 12 months we have implemented People First, which I am sure is not the software you used to apply, if you had, then I am sure you would have a different view and experience. In terms of the service I would welcome a discussion on this to gain a better understanding of the issues you faced, please do contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can further improve our recruitment processes.

Not Stated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruddington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MHR (Ruddington, England).

Interview

Attended for interview but did not receive the courtesy of any follow up communication whatsoever. This would be poor for any company but is absolutely inexcusable for an HR company.
    Traditional interview which included significant focus on the involvement of the owner. The environment is very old fashioned and although I fully support maintaining professional standards, even I found the upholding of antiquated traditions (as highlighted in numerous reviews) out of touch in today's age.
    My overriding impression was of a 'them and us' culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

MHR Response

12 Sep 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview.

We are proud of our heritage and the fact that it is a family owned and run business which does not depend upon external investment. Don’t let the perceived ‘old-fashioned’ view deceive you, we are a very ambitious company and committed to a long-term future which is backed up with significant investment in research and development – which can be seen through our state-of-the-art Engineering & Data Centre. This combined with the close involvement of the Executive only further supports our strong desire to continue to grow and succeed as a global business.

Due to the lack of any significant information contained in your review it is very difficult for me to comment on your experience in full. However, I can confirm that our in house recruitment team always provide feedback on interviews where it is requested as we believe it is invaluable to all involved. If you would be so kind as to contact either myself or the recruitment team directly (if you no longer have the details provided to you as part of the interview invitation, please telephone our main switchboard and ask for me personally) then we will be happy to go through the interview with you in detail and provide feedback.

We wish you well for your continued search for a suitable role within the industry

Jeanette Wheeler – Head of HR

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MHR (London, England).

Interview

HR Phone, face to face directors. Really awful attitude, talked down to as though you are a child. Turned down going any further, if that is how they treat you in an interview then imagine the wider company culture.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Friendly Security and HR representative was amazing, from introduction at interview to the end, communicating brilliantly and providing great feedback.

Hiring manager, during interview no warmth, very little smiles, only interested in a fluent answering of questions set out in a criteria to demonstrate suitability. Not interested in my background or how I can provide additional qualities to the role applied for.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MHR (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was positive and was left with the impression that the job was in the bag, but this is not a company that employs people over 50. Was given the excuse that the pace might be too fast for me

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.