MHR Reviews

Updated Oct 15, 2021

Found 214 of over 219 reviews

3.2
MHR Chief Executive Officer Anton Roe  (no image)
Anton Roe
Pros
  • "MHR provide a subsidised staff restaurant which serves great breakfast and lunch options in lovely surroundings(in 21 reviews)

• "Really lovely offices and free parking(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Formal dress code a little outdated(in 24 reviews)

• "None that would prevent me from recommending MHR(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I'd recommend MHR to anyone!

Oct 15, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Business Partner in Ruddington, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is really moving, you only need to look back on the last couple of years to see how much MHR has grown. MHR have some really exciting and transformative projects on the go. Your work and efforts are rewarded and if you want to be involved in making a difference there can be no better place to be. Everyone here is so friendly, welcoming and approachable. I'd really recommend MHR as a place to work.

Cons

There are seriously no cons!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to be!

Oct 11, 2021 - Customer Relationship Manager in Brighton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am truly surprised by the reviews on here. I work with exceptional colleagues, and am able to look after my customers well because we offer great software and services that are always evolving. Directors will always listen, I could call any of the directors to ask for advice or support and receive it. The commission structure and pay are competitive. All CRM’s are on work from home contracts and are in control of their own diaries.

Cons

Month and quarter end can often feel long, but that’s the same in every revenue generating role!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible role and great earning potential

Oct 7, 2021 - LSME Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous commission structure and support from the company all the way up through the board with any deals, partnerships or campaigns. Good culture throughout the teams although I haven't experienced this to it's full potential due to only joining during the pandemic.

Cons

Lengthy internal processes to get things signed off

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice environment most of the time

Sep 27, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

very clean offices, free car parking and nice food.

Cons

culture could be more supportive and covid has made it extremely siloed

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A few tiny improvements would make working here so much better

Sep 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Nottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talented developers, principles and architects who make time to help out Reasonable tools and technologies Lower level managment in Software Engineering seem to actually care somewhat A very clean codebase

Cons

Formal dress code High level managment seem to have an unwillingness to change Everyone recognises there's a problem of unsustainable and unnecessary deadlines which push Software too much but then nothing is done about it! The kitchen facilities (as mentioned constantly) are none existent - I've never understood this and have never been given a good reason for it. The only explanation I can think of is that they are trying not to cut into the canteen's profits High staff turnover and more contractors being brought in the fill the gaps means the codebase is starting to degrade Weird sinister feeling from management outside of the Software Engineering department that I would put down to it being a privately owned business

7 people found this review helpful

MHR Response

thank you for your review; Recruitment is certainly difficult at this time and is not a problem solely experienced by MHR, it is a problem every company is facing right now. This has been a growing problem and something that MHR identified sometime ago and has taken a number of steps to mitigate against, including Outsourcing and introduction of an Academy program. There are always challenges when adjusting from a previous model, but adaptability is key to the future of the business and we will continue to get better at managing these challenges. It is a shame you feel that the feedback was shot down, I can assure you it wasn't and to reiterate the responses, that were given at the town hall, to the points raised above: Relaxing The dress code -. The dress code is a very important part of MHR's professional image, A number of options have been discussed with Staff to find the right balance. this is still being reviewed Stationary - Plenty of stationary is available via reception, you just need to request it. Kettle / Microwave – MHR has excellent subsidised canteen facilities and continues to extend the offerings available from these. Providing Kettles and Microwaves is not an approach that we want to take as there are additional H&S concerns to manage. However, we have listened to the requirement and the canteen hours have now been extended to ensure that drink and snacks are available through full office hours. I would also like to point out some of the other feedback items that have and are being implemented: Changes to the lighting within one of the buildings is now underway Breakout area has been restored Concerns around planning and Deadlines, are a major concern and a number of changes have been already been tried across the teams to improve this, we are now rolling out a full Agile training program across the teams, with a particular focus on Estimating and planning, this should improve and standardise the understanding of Agile techniques, reduce the time and effort teams spend and improve accuracy on timelines. Updates on all the product visions are already underway to update all the teams. So hopefully you can see that feedback is being considered and understood, Obviously not all ideas can be taken forward but we will always consider good ideas.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyable

Sep 23, 2021 - Payroll Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big network of people, opportunity to shift between departments, decent training available

Cons

Very corporate atmosphere at times, which sometimes feels outdated

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic, Political & Corridor Alliances….daggers at the ready!

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Tier 2 products. Talented workforce and mid management who want to succeed as one company. Good pay & benefits. Solid owner leadership.

Cons

Exec focused on personal power, money and survival. Leave your principles at the door and develop gladiator mentality. Comply to the cogs of politics & power and forget challenging direction or decisions. Inner circle cliques & corridor alliances. Pure toxicity in motion.

6 people found this review helpful

MHR Response

Thank you for leaving a response. We are pleased you appreciate the solutions we have to offer and our employees, as they are at the heart of what we do and enable us to continue to deliver to our great customers. However, we are saddened to hear your perception of the executive team as we are very much a team who are happy to work with each other, our management, and our teams to ensure we deliver the business goals. We work extremely hard to ensure that we work for our customers and encourage our respective teams to challenge decisions so MHR (us all) can be the best version of ourselves.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Sales

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice enough people Fairly compensated Generous Expenses system

Cons

Very old fashioned way of working

Social Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us at MHR. I am pleased to see that you have rated us highly and recognise that MHR believes that their employees are vital to their success and therefore compensated accordingly. I am interested in knowing how you feel we improve our method of working, so please feel free to contact me, so we can discuss.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Soul crushing

Sep 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some nice people to work with, however they leave very quickly once they realise how hostile the working environment is. The day I left the business, a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Cons

Hostile working environment - It is very negative on a day-today basis with a culture of pushing the blame / trying to catch each other out. Management leads the hostilities with inter department squabbles, and regularly asking for “evidence” which can then be used in their board meeting arguments. On a day-to-day basis people would speak to you in a way that was unprofessional, unbelievably rude, and in a normal business would be undoubtedly be a grounds for dismissal. Unmanageable workload - Timeframes and the quantity of work is not feasible. When you do work over your hours (everybody works much more than contracted hours) and manage to finish a project to a high level, the goal posts quickly change overnight and all of your hard work is lost. Micromanagement - Everything is overlooked, to the extent that internal documents need to be signed off by the CEO… Lack of Trust - Management wants to know what you are doing every minute. You need to report on projects multiple times a week, instead of actually getting on with it, and they even monitor private appointments in your calendar. Old fashioned - So outdated in all aspects. Men wearing full suits. Remote working is not liked, if you are not in the office they assume you are not working. Clock in and out, no flexibility at all. Do not care about staff - In the peak of COVID, before vaccination, you were expected to be in the office. Absolutely no one wore a mask. They were hemorrhaging staff but did nothing to resolve this or to help staff. (Don’t believe the positive Glassdoor reviews, staff are literally asked to give positive reviews, with negative reviews being considered trolls) In summary, a horrible, hostile, unprofessional place to work. Avoid at all costs.

13 people found this review helpful

MHR Response

MHR would like to thank you for leaving your thoughts and comments, as we actively encourage feedback to ensure we continually improve. If you are a current employee, may I ask whether you have taken the time to talk to your line manager or our HRD to discuss any of your concerns at all? Whilst it maybe cathartic in the short term to use a public platform I feel a 121 with our HRD or your line manager would be far more productive as you can go through the many questions you need answers to. If you have already left then we wish you good luck with your future career.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible

Sep 7, 2021 - LSME Sales in Nottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My last day was good.

Cons

A terrible company with no idea what their doing. Do not work for this company. Terrible

6 people found this review helpful

MHR Response

In regards to your review, I would like to say I am sorry you found your tenure at MHR not what you expected, however, the majority of our sales team have and still do enjoy long and prosperous careers with us. Your statement about signing clients is simply not true.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 214 Reviews