MHR Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

MHR Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2019

3.3
MHR CEO Anton Roe  (no image)
Anton Roe
Pros
  • "There seems to be some disgruntled people who have left MHR for one reason or another(in 17 reviews)

• "Pay, subsidised food, free parking(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some old school thinking with dress code (again same as above)(in 16 reviews)

• "None that would prevent me from recommending MHR as an employer of choice (although perhaps public transport links could be better for the area)(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Head of Department in Nottingham, England

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot believe some of the negative comments I have read on this site. Yes, I do work hard and put in extra work when required, and am even sometimes under a little pressure. I also met someone I did not get on with once, but is this not normal in almost every place of work. There seems to be some disgruntled people who have left MHR for one reason or another. I cannot speak for them, but I can comment on my... experience. In my 3 years of working at MHR, I have been promoted twice and had three pay rises. I work alongside some of the most talented people I have ever met. I have requested, attended and passed exams for two career training courses, which the company has paid for in full, along with my hotel, food and travel expenses. I have also attended countless internal courses organised by our fantastic Training Department. My meals here are discounted and I don't have any car parking costs, which potentially saves me hundreds of pounds every month. I consider myself fortunate that I get a car allowance and above average pension contributions paid for me. I am proud to wear a suit and tie every day, in my modern heated/air conditioned office using the most up to date technology available. MHR is always expanding, its innovative and our products are at the cutting edge of technology. I choose my office hours, meaning I can start early, so I get home before 5.30pm almost every evening to have dinner with my young family and spend quality time with them. If you are talented, hard working and willing to learn, (and dress smartly) then MHR is a great place to work. If your not, it's not.

Cons

Occasional lack of resource. Communication between employees and senior management is redundant in many areas. Lack of a company wide social experience for employees and their families, such as a summer or Christmas function.

Advice to Management

In my opinion, senior management need to engage with employees at a lower level more. I believe they should take the time to walk the departments and talk to employees every so often.

MHR2019-05-21

"8 things I like about working at MHR, you won't believe number 7 😱"

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Trust, management have really trusted me and let me run with my ideas and fully supported them. 2. Support, when involved in an accident early in the year my manager and teammates made my return to work a dream. 3. Training, lots of courses are available and I have been encouraged to take them. 4. A nice place to work, great facilities, subsidised canteen, nice showers, brand new modern office. 5.... It's a friendly place, I actually look forward to seeing my teammates every day. 6. An easy place to get to, whether it be by car or public transport 7. I like wearing a suit and tie. 8. A good choice of benefits available.

Cons

Initially, my role had a huge change after only 2 months of employment and left me questioning my role within the business. The onboarding experience I received could have been better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, just add in a little more communication

MHR2019-10-22

"A great company"

Current Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in London, England

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been at MHR for 2 years and love it! I work in a customer facing role with every team in the business, everyone is helpful, supportive and many go above and beyond

Cons

Some weeks my work/life balance is better than other weeks.

MHR2019-11-11
  4. "I love working here"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

MHR is a great company to work for. The management in my area of the business are fantastic and always appreciate a work life balance. Food is great too in the canteens too!

Cons

No occupational parental leave pay, often told to keep quiet if you don't like a decision/the way something is run

Advice to Management

Carry on with what you are doing technology wise but you really need to be forward thinking in terms of parental leave - statutory maternity pay only is shocking!

MHR2019-11-07

"Great People, Great Progression"

Current Employee - Analyst in Ruddington, England

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Knowledgeable People - Wealth of experience across the business - Good food & canteens - Internal Promotion & Progression opportunity is great - Lots of training opportunity

Cons

- Some people aren't thrilled with the smart dress code? That's just normal work attire in my opinion though.

MHR2019-10-15

"Great Business that drives for growth by utilising potential of Employees"

Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in London, England

I have been working at MHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ambitious business that looks to its employees to be part of the growth and work towards a common goal. The family owned business really acts as a family with contributions by employees to the business and community being fully supported. I have been impressed by how many community projects the teams in MHR are involved in, and how the company stands by its values and supports them. This is a company that... has a culture of innovation, customer service and family values and ensures its employees are part of their growth journey.

Cons

The business is still a secret with lots of customers... we need to be known by all, as what it brings to the market, its customers and employees should be known more!

Advice to Management

Keep going...

MHR2019-10-12

"Need to work on people development"

I worked at MHR full-time

Pros

Pay, subsidised food, free parking

Cons

face fits mentality. big boys club at the top of the structure. trying too hard with the corporate image.

MHR2019-11-01

"MHR has given me so many opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Nottingham, England

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work in a great environment with some real experts. There is an expansion programme not only for the real estate, but also for the company as a whole. I feel truly valued in the work I do and that is from the CEO downwards. MHR has continually invested in me and I am really grateful for the trust they have placed with me. I have seen many colleagues benefit from the professional development that is offered... with both academic and technical courses. This is a rarity these days. John Mills, Jessica Mill and Anton Roe (CEO) are passionate about the company and focused on the long-term. It makes a real difference to the decisions that are made and the environment that we work in.

Cons

Every business has its cons but it's up to the individual to assess the cons and mitigate their impact. I've given my feedback openly within the company.

Advice to Management

Keep going. We have a great product line with fantastic people to support it.

MHR2019-10-14

"Lovely people, shocking culture!"

Former Employee - Project in Nottingham, England

I worked at MHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Immediate Teams Centralised Location Travel Opportunities Onsite canteen

Cons

Leadership Equality and Diversity Flexibility

Advice to Management

Address age old rules such as not being allowed on site without a tie. Review employment benefits such as p/maternity and undertake an assessment on diversity and equality within the business. Major M/F leadership roles/pay gaps

MHR2019-10-31

"Great colleagues, management team do not listen and are bullies"

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well paid, great offices, some very talented people (most of who are stifled by bullying culture)

Cons

Senior Management pass the buck and blame more junior members of staff for their failing

Advice to Management

Take a long look at yourself and sort yourself out because you have a good product and good staff

MHR2019-11-01