Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Magellan Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Magellan Health

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Interview

Quick and smooth. Started with a phone screen from recruiter. About 10 days later I got a phone call from the hiring manager explaining the position and schedule a group interview on Zoom as this is a remote position. Everyone was super chill but professional. They asked relevant questions about my backgrounds, work experiences, and projects that I worked on. Overall great experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Smooth. Person was easy to talk to. Knew what she was looking for. Questions were all job related. No give me a time when or what if questions. My kind of interview.

Interview Questions

Magellan Health Response

9 Jul 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for the review of your interview.

Data Reporting Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2020.

Interview

This was quite honestly the most unprofessional interview process I have ever experienced. Look elsewhere if you have morals and integrity.

I applied for the role via the careers portal and heard back from a recruiter the very next day. I was an excellent fit for the position both technically and through my healthcare background. The recruiter stated that she wanted to do a phone screen that week (It was Monday when I received the email). I sent over my availability for the entire week and NEVER heard back.

By Thursday I sent a follow up email making sure that she had received my initial availability but STILL did not receive a response. I waited until the following Wednesday to send an additional email just to reaffirm my interest in meeting.

Friday, I finally received a response at 3:00 PM asking if I was free to meet in two hours at 5PM, without any apology or explanation as to why she ghosted me for nearly two weeks. I was busy at the time but responded to let her know that I could accommodate her schedule the following week.

Here's where it gets even worse:
    She calls 15 minutes late to our 30 minute interview then starts rushing through everything because of time constraints. I started walking through my background, to which she responded that "This might not be a good fit"... Why? Because apparently there were hard requirements for the position that were not listed in the job description AT ALL! She listed a technologies and specific experience in Medicaid and Medicare that had nothing to do with the original posting....none of which were listed on my resume, so why call me at all in the first place? Such a waste of time and highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Magellan Health Response

9 Jul 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad interview experience with us. We will speak with our recruiters to ensure this doesn't happen again.

RN Reviewer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager directly after applying. It was a video interview with 3 managers, as position is remote. It was very comfortable and they were friendly. Mostly told me about the job, but where open and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your background and what’s brought you to the company.   Answer Question
    • It was informal, mostly telling me about the job and skills necessary to be successful in the role   Answer Question

1 May 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for the review of your interview process.

Senior Correspondence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Very streamline. Spoke with Recruitment Specialist first. Very straightforward questions about my previous employment with Magellan and general recruitment-type questions. We set an appointment for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager went fine but in retrospect I believe I did not present as well as I could have. We talked about what I could potentially bring to the position and I was encouraged that three things were named. I appreciated being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Most had to do with my roles during my previous employment with the company. Other questions about my employment since.   1 Answer
    • Previous employers   1 Answer

14 Feb 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for reviewing our interview process!

QI Data and Reporting Analyst- Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I arrived 20 minutes early for my interview. I rang the doorbell outside the office, no answer. After 20 minutes a person shows up and asked me what she could help me with, she was the receptionist (and she was on break). She looked in the computer to find that I was NOT on the schedule. But she reached out to one of the contacts I had, who informed her that I was going to be interviewed. I was then greeted NOT by the hiring manager, but by one analyst who I would have collaborated with. He didn't knew which conference room to take me into, so he picked "one" (the ONLY one available). So they weren’t prepared at all for me. This other analyst and I chatted for about 20 minutes, so at this point I was already 20 minutes into my 1 hour of the scheduled interview. At the 25th minute, the Director came into the room. She introduced herself and we chatted. All 3 of us were having a friendly conversation that lasted about 15 minutes. Sharing experiences and my skills.

However, things changed. At minute 40 the Director's personality completely changed. She went from being friendly and charm to being direct, abrupt, and serious. She asked me several questions and "demanded" a straight answer or a "straight example". She refused to look at my printed examples I had brought with me, telling me she wanted them verbally. At the 60 minutes I thought it was done. I started giving my thank you's and good-bye's when she abruptly told me I could NOT leave yet. That she was going to hand me down a written test and I had 20 minutes to write down a full page of an analysis she thought out of the blue.

Here's my problem with this interview: I was scheduled for a 1 hour interview. I arrived early, and nobody opened the door. When I was finally let into the reception, there was no record of my interview on the calendar. The interview didn't start until 20 minutes after, and the FORMAL interview I suppose didn't start until 40 minutes after. Then after my 60 minutes, I was still asked to stay and do an impromptu written exam that could be no less than 20 minutes.

Magellan's Director didn't took my time into consideration at all. Had I been late for an interview, that means automatic disqualification. I was early, my interview started very late and I was even "forced to stay way passed the end time". I had other personal appointments were I ended up being late, hoping that I would get this job if I sacrificed my time.

The next day, I was automatically nixed for the position. Fine, I'm not asking to get the job. But Magellan should have been considerate of the schedule I was allocated and my time. I feel I wasn't treated appropriately and it has been one of the worst interview experiences in my career.

Interview Questions

• To give them an example of an analysis or dashboard I have created in the past.   1 Answer

27 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Director

So sorry to hear about the interview experience you had at Magellan. We will strive to do better in our process. Thank you!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Quick and easy going. Somewhat technical but they made me feel comfortable and wanting to work for them. It was a round table of sorts with about 4 people on the panel.

Interview Questions

Magellan Health Response

13 Sep 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Director

We are happy to hear that your interview went well. Thanks!

Appeals Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Approximate time from submitting online application to completing in-person interview is approximately 1.5 months.

Contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist about 3 weeks after submitting online application. Talent Acquisition Specialist contacted by phone and email to set up phone screen. Screening questions ranged from general (salary, location, etc.) to skills and a few behavioral questions.

Contacted by Talent Acquisition Specialist about 3 days after, to set up phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Phone interview with Hiring Manager conducted 1 day later. Average difficulty questions asked during phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20-30 mins due to quantity of questions. Questions asked were more detailed and job specific; technical, experience and skills, and STAR type questions.
    Tip: have some questions prepared that you would like to ask the interviewer

Contacted by Talent Acquisition Specialist 1 day later to schedule an in-person interview.
    In-person interview conducted by Hiring Manager and Director of the department. Both interviewers were present. Interview difficulty was average. Asked more specific questions regarding the job description. Interviewers went through each position I held, and my skills.
    Tip: again, prepare questions to ask interviewers
    Tip: be punctual
    Tip: prepare notes (research the company, questions you want to ask, supplemental material to showcase your skills/experience)

I was requested to produce a writing sample to submit via email within 24 hrs after my in-person interview, to the Hiring Manager.

Received a phone call 1 day later from the Talent Acquisition Specialist in regards to a job offer.
    Background check and drug screen to follow.

The Talent Acquisition Specialist that was handling my application was very helpful and was there for any questions I had every step of the way; made the process very seamless.

Interview Questions

• This job requires (specific skill), which according to your past positions you may not possess, how do you plan on executing (specific skill)?

Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult client. What was the outcome of that situation?

Walk me through your career history; from your first job to the most recent.   Answer Question

14 Oct 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for your analysis of our interview process.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and in about 3days I received a call from the recruiter. She gave me more information about the position and asked me questions about my experience. She then said based on my experience she will set me up for a in person interview. I went in for the interview 2days later. It was two ladies that interviewed me made me feel really comfortable. They asked me a list of questions from a piece of paper . The questions where easy basic interview questions. In about 2day I received the call from the recruiter said I had the job. And I will receive a email for background check and offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a upset customer and how did you handle the issue   Answer Question

22 Jul 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thanks for the review!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2019.

Interview

Within a few days of applying, I was called by a recruiter - on a Saturday afternoon (first red flag). Scheduled an interview with hiring manager, who was nice enough but did nothing to get to know me, and made no attempt to "sell" Magellan Health as a great place to work.
     Second interview was the next day, with a potential peer, who again was friendly, but at the time of my interview was in her second week on the job, and did not seem to enjoy the position or the onboarding experience she had. Entire process was very rushed, I could sense the desperation to fill the role as soon as possible. Recruiter reached out the next day, asking to hold a final interview on Saturday morning...(second red flag to me) when I requested to schedule into the following week rather than interview on Saturday I told "we couldn't delay this any further". I declined to proceed with the interview process at that time, and requested to have my name withdrawn from consideration. I got the impression there was ZERO work life balance with this company, which is not what I'm looking for at this point in my career.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked about my experience or what I was actually looking for, what my career aspirations were. I got the impression they were more concerned about making sure whoever filled this role was agreeable/passive enough to deal with some difficult personalities and a challenging culture. How comfortable are you in making decisions with little to no guidance? Are you comfortable working with alpha personalities?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.