Mako Trading Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

Recruiter23%
Recruitment Agency19%
HardAverageEasy

Mako Trading Group

Application

I interviewed at Mako Trading Group

Interview

Online test, lots of questions in a short period of time, need to be quick. Then submit a piece of creative work, no interviews, as the internship was online, but would be 1/2 if in person

Mako Trading Group

Application

I interviewed at Mako Trading Group

Interview

Easy interview compared to other firms. Mental math, brainteasers, general interview questions on finance and options. 4-5 rounds in total, with a market making game for the final round. There will also be a technical round with software developers on basic market microstructure.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a trader?
    Answer Question

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Mako Trading Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group

Interview

Not a great experience, first stage was with internal recruiter then second stage was with a technical engineer and another engineer who wasn't in attendance as he called in sick. Late to interview, didn't really know much about the role. I was told by the external recruiter as wasting both time of both stages of the interview that it had been filled by an internally!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mako Trading Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group

Interview

Very friendly interviewers, explained the whole process in the first round. In all the rounds, they kept the atmosphere relaxed which allowed me to present myself in the best way possible. They were all very open to ideas and suggestions as well which felt great as the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Had to give a presentation on how I would run their graduate programme.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group (Singapore) in Jul 2021

Interview

Approached by a recruiter for the role, interviewed with a HR guy from the UK. Arranged the technical interview and it ended up as a no-show. Had to email the recruiter about it and it turned out to be some scheduling conflict, supposed to get back to me when they reschedule. It’s been a month now still no word.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group (London, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

It started with a timed test on an online coding platform, consisting of two coding tests and some descriptive, C++-related, questions. Then there was another round of coding round with two of their engineers; and after that, a system design question related to their problem domain. The feedback until that point was that they were really impressed by my skills and performance during these interviews. The final round with the manager was where it all went south. I can only surmise he was on a fault-finding mission, determined to disprove and undo all prior feedback. It felt like a regular conversation at the time, but the feedback from that was both funny and sad at the same time. His discoveries were that I couldn't offer ideas to fix their CI system (a system which I've never seen) and I don't know some minute and obscure networking protocol detail (which they very well knew I don't work on). The last part reminded me of a scene from the movie Pink Panther, where Jacques Clouseau, with great difficultly, discovers that Detective Gilbert Ponton's distant ancestors were farmers! Their recruiter later apologized and told me that they're reviewing their interview process to be more detail-oriented early enough so as to prevent this last-minute U-turn from happening again. Overall, the team appeared to me solidly technical. It's a shame that the approach wasn't applied throughout.

Interview Questions
  • Arbitrary precision integer addition, system design around market data consumption.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group (London, England)

Interview

It was an interesting recruiting process with a focus on basic financial knowledge and mental maths. Also, questions based on the understanding of what Mako are doing and about my personal expectations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group (London, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Phone interview with questions covering statistics mostly, few questions about git and python. One with trader, mostly on previous experience. Another call with math and logic problems. Homework and then the call to discuss the results.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mako Trading Group

Application

I interviewed at Mako Trading Group

Interview

First round interview was with the department head and had to do a multiple choice logical reasoning test and answered general background questions. Second round interview was multiple rounds with people from different departments on my background and skill set

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mako Trading Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mako Trading Group

Interview

The interview started with a coding test, followed by 2 rounds of technical + fit interviews with the team and then a final interview with various stakeholders in the company. The process was changed slightly due to Covid 19.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews