Marston's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

Recruiter4%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Marston's

Application

I interviewed at Marston's

Interview

Applied for the job on their website from then onwards it was a Quick and Easy process. Interviewer mainly asked about previous experience and what I could bring to the table

Interview Questions
  • Any basic experience
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marston's (Birmingham, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied via CV and was offered interview. I had to go all the way to Birmingham (I live in Cheshire) to do a presentation and no one ever got back to me to tell me yes or no.

Interview Questions
  • Create a presentation on our brand and what you would do in your role if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chesham, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marston's (Chesham, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Very informal which made the interview process more comfortable. A few questions to get to know you and a few questions regarding your availability to work to see if it suits what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marston's

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marston's

Interview

Approached via LinkedIn, phone interview, office interview with presentation. Wasn't ever contacted about position after doing presentation and travelling quite an extensive distance to attend the interview. Completely ghosted after sending presentation over, despite company approaching me in the first place.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Garstang, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Garstang, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

Face to face interview. It was a totally Informal interview process. Made to feel at ease. Interview carried out by the manageress and the head chef in the kitchen.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience dealing with the public.

Marston's

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Marston's in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview process was very informal and the main concern was when I was available to work and if I was available to work over the holidays or Christmas

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Wolverhampton, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied for the job by sending my portfolio and resumé to the head of design. After a few days I was asked to attend an interview where I would have to present my interview and talk about my work. This was the first stage. After a week or two they I was emailed and told that I passed the first stage and was invited to attend the second stage. During this stage I was tasked to follow a brief and design some "POS" work that was appropriate and follow the briefs guidelines. I would also meet the head of marketing during the second stage. After this i would then wait to hear if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
  • What is/was your design process?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marston's (Wolverhampton, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Starts off with presentation about the company. An simple icebreaker is required of each person, it goes around the room (about likes and passions). Then split into groups. Three tasks were given: building a tower from spaghetti and marshmallows, a cluedo style game and a presentation/poem/song about what makes a good employee. No face to face interview or skills based interview. From what was gathered, every person bar one (around 8 altogether) currently already worked for Marston’s got through to the second stage. I get the team-building notion they were going for, but it was very watered down Silicon Valley styled HR “innovation”, especially baffling that it went without any skills or experience based questioning at all. The type of interview where the loudest and most overbearing person in the room excels. Lots of talking over each other, desperation for leading etc. Would recommend actually talking directly to potential employees.

Interview Questions
  • No single question asked in first stage. Just monitoring of the group tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marston's (Bath, England, England) in May 2019

Interview

Very informal 1st stage, followed up with a call that they would be in touch. Had to contact them several times to find the vacancy was no longer available

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marston's (Birmingham, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

No real interview process, just accompanied a friend to her interview and the supervisor came out to my car to ask if I wanted a job too which I thought was quite unusual but I didn't mind as I needed a new job anyway

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews