Matalan Retail Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 130 of over 130 interviews

Other3%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Matalan Retail

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

Very fast interview process. I was contacted within a week as to whether I had been successful. Covid precautions were in place to make me feel safe within the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What business that you have recently shopped at would you consider going back to because of their customer service?
    Answer Question

Matalan Retail

Application

I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

upon applying online and being called in for an interview. Which was a simple and straightforward interview process, warm and welcoming whilst asking your strengths and weaknesses before offering the job at the end of the interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Matalan Retail

Application

I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

Interview only lasted about 10 mins, the manager didn’t seem interested. I didn’t get the job in the end but not surprised as I didn’t get to speak about my previous job history.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Matalan Retail

Application

I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

The interview process was diligent and well thought out. It was not intimidating and every one who interviewed me was very lovely. Unfortunately I was not successful but it was great experience to go through the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Matalan Retail

Application

I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

A really nice easy interview! Was asked quite general questions that were easy to answer and then asked me my availability and explained the job role and what would be expected of you . Comfortable atmosphere but staff kept walking in during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Matalan Retail

Application

I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

There were two different interviews. The first interview was a one on one and the second one was a group interview. It didn’t take very long and it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Halifax, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied online and after a month was invited to an interview, signed in at the store and was took to the office where he discussed the pay (minimum wage) and how the interview is in two parts, verbal Q&A and practical assessment however couldn't do the practical due to COVID. The interview itself was very straightforward and quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Matalan Retail

Application

I interviewed at Matalan Retail

Interview

Applied for Christmas temp whilst at college. Easy, quick interview. On boarding was quick and training good. Shifts replicated what was discussed at interview, could ask for extra hours if you required. Ideal for a college student that wants to earn some money.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Matalan Retail

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later to check my eligibility, then invited to an assessment day that consisted of an Intro to Matalan, 1 on 1 interview, 1 on 1 10 minute presentation (gave you topic to pre prepare), group task. Very friendly process

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you worked as a team to achieve a goal, who is our biggest competitor, tell us about a time you received feedback and how did you use it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Informal and very laid back. Everything went very well interviewer was very nice however one of the colegues shouted are you here for an interview when I arrived but I don’t know she may be toned deaf .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Interviews