Matalan Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Matalan Retail

2.1

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

It was great, very friendly more like a informal conversation rather than an interview. Basic question were asked so don't worry about it. Overall it was very calm and laid back interview.

Trainee Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Assessment centre and interview, if invited back second interview with CFO. Also a maths test at the beginning of the interview. The assessment centre involved a group challenge and then an individual interview

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to study cima.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call back for a phone interview 3 days later. I was then told that i will hear back within a week.

It took the recruitment team 3 weeks to inform me of the face-to-face assessment. This was after i had enquired myself in regards to my process and was subsequently ignored for 1.5 weeks.

After the interview i was told that i will have an answer at the end of the week. There was no answer. A week later i contacted Matalan Recruitment to be told the recruiter was on holiday and to call the store myself.

It is now week 6 since the initial phone interview and there still has been no feedback.
    As much as i can sympathise with the high volumes for any roles, the applicants who are sent for interviews due deserve a call back, even if it is to give some feedback.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Staines, England) in October 2011.

Interview

got a call back for interview with in a day of handing in my cv
    at the interview i was asked generic questions like , my strengths and weaknesses as well as why i want to work for matalan
    after answering these questions i was left in a room on my own for 10 mins
    the interviewer then returned informing me that i have got the job.

Interview Questions

• most unexpected question they asked which had nothing to do with the job itself, was : do you have a small or big friends group. i guess they wanted to figure out whether i am a good team worker or not.   Answer Question

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Hull, England) in September 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was a group interview, mine was with four, more recently interviews have been with up to ten people. Basic questions like where have you recieved good customer service and where have you recieved bad customer service, Matalan loves good customer service, it gets drilled into us all the time!!! then after the group interview the manager asked us in one at a time to ask us more personal questions about our previous experience, our expectations about the job and various other things. recieved a call a few days later informing me i had the job and was asked back for health and safety training, completed in a few hours, then back for till training.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if i had ever gone above and beyond in my role in a previous job, found this hard as i hadnt had a real job before but instead of saying none, i recounted a time when i helped out a lot at school...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merry Hill, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Merry Hill, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Informal chat with current manager, went through a question pack together detailing my skills and how I was suited to my role at matalan, very friendly overall. Manager was kind and helped me throughout my interview if I was faced with questions I found challenging. Interview was short and a 1:1 in a private office which was very reassuring

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (York, England) in June 2010.

Interview

You have to fill out an easy application form that can be downloaded from their website. There is no need for a cv. Once successful with this you're contacted via phone call and asked to come for an interview that will be either 1to1 or a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What the most important thing is in retail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you to fill in a simple availability sheet and set a contract (4,8,12 hours, or full time) and then they'll work your hours into the times you're available

GSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

group task, shop floor activity and one to one interview

had to make a poster on matalan. had to sell items to manager acting as customer, relatively easy interview. i heard back a week later via phone call.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Application online only. You have the one to one interview first, introduce yourself, tell her whether you're still in school/college straight away and positively promote yourself. Be confident but not overly as you'll come across cocky.

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Chelmsford, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Very brief and simple. Asked questions that anyone with a weak grasp of the English language could answer. The lady asked me typical interview questions such as "What makes you get out of bed in the morning?", "Why do you want to work at Matalan?" and other such questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a retail environment you think is effective?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.