Matalan Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Matalan Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

I applied online, took a few weeks to head from them and offer me an interview. Interview was scheduled two day after I received the email. I had a 1 to 1 interview with the assistant manager. It was pretty short and the questions were very basic.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

face to face interview with store manager, very relaxed and not difficult. store manager was very friendly which put me at ease. I heard back within 48 hours that i have been accepted for the position and started promptly.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

Fair process. Online digital interview first followed by half day assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of a group exercise and an interview with two employees. Asked general competency questions and questions about why you wanted to work for Matalan.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied on their website and heard back after 2 days. I had an email telling me that I was chosen for an interview with a time on it. Got to the store on day of interview and had it 1:1 with one of the managers. Lasted about 15 minutes

Interview Questions

Interview

No phone or video interview, was a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. Was overall a positive experience, mainly asked basic competency questions and a few situational questions.

General Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portobello, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Portobello, Scotland) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied for the job online they emailed a few days later and invited me for an interview. Lasted about 20 mins and it was very chilled and relaxed.

Merchandising Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview took over 3 hours and consisted of an ice breaker, presentation, two-on-one interview and group task. It was a long interview process and a lot of waiting around in-between but they got back to me with feedback which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have changes a process to make it better   Answer Question

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online then I had a video interview. Then I was invited to the assesment centre. There was a group exercise, presentation and interview. Presentation topic was given in advance. In my opinion the group exercise was a bit irrelevant as there wasn't anything concerning the industry or role I've applied for

Interview Questions

Interview

Group interview given a problem to solve together; working with a current employee whilst 2 managers watched. Probably about 6 people being interview at once then individual interview where we were taken by one manger to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 2-3 weeks. Once I'd completed the online application I got an email inviting me to an interview 4 days later. The interview is a team interview, there was 5 of us at mine and we started off just going around and introducing ourselves. Then we completed a task where we all as a team had to style two outfits from two different departments and then sell/explain our choices to the interviewers. We then did one to one interviews with the manager and went home. Took around an hour. Then called an hour later to say I'd got the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you going on any holidays in the next 6 months?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Describe a retail environment (shop) you enjoy visiting most and why.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.