McColl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Jul 2018

1.8

Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McColl's (Lichfield, England) in November 2014.

Interview

hand in c.v to store(unsuccessful applicant cvs personal details are just put into the bin not shredded) interview with manager then second interview with area manager or another manager from different store.

Interview Questions

• any ccjs (because of working along side Post Office in some stores)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chorley, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McColl's (Chorley, England) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was a bit tedious I had a talk with the manager which was alright and needed to watch a few clips and answer a lot of questions this took all of about an hour, I guess you could class this as the training part? The interview was in a private place of the shop which helped as it was a personal touch and allowed you to meet specific needs.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was flexible   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shepton Mallet, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McColl's (Shepton Mallet, England) in May 2014.

Interview

Fill out application form, if they feel like it they will ask you in for an interview, ask you a few questions and have you fill out an English and Maths test. Once completed, advised you'll be notified if you get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Whitefield, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McColl's (Whitefield, England) in August 2015.

Interview

The male who held the interview spoke more about his football team he supported and himself for over 35 mins and then when ever he asked me something he jumped in with what he said it does for the question asked. Pointless interview although I was offered the job I think he just wanted anyone rather then the right one

Interview Questions

• What football team do I support.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartlepool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McColl's (Hartlepool, England) in July 2017.

Interview

overall it was a very nice and had an unprofessional setting so you felt more relaxed, I was first told about the roll I had applied for and then asked me a set of questions. after that I was asked to do a very simple test involving maths, english and customer service questions. He also made me try to sell him a product from the store.
    at the end told me I was one of two people in his 'Yes' pile and then posted the job advert up again the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Ayr, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McColl's (Ayr, Scotland) in February 2014.

Interview

There was no interview. I was employed on a word of mouth basis after being recommended by a friend currently working in the store. There had been no prior meeting or telephone conversation with the manager before my start date .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no interview

Anonymous Employee in Walkden, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McColl's (Walkden, England) in April 2013.

Interview

I made an application in store then a week or so later I was called for an interview then started about a week later with about a week worth of training

Interview Questions

• Educational status e.g. Are currently in education?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McColl's (Watford, East of England, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Went in to the branch. The manger took me to the back of hours and sat on a fridge.
    No planned questions or real structure. Only asked me 2 questions

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McColl's (Bristol, England) in April 2016.

Interview

hand in cv , get a phone call 6 days later from Store Manager to complete their standard application form , watch company video and compete quiz based on video . Produce Passport and Utility Bill as ID

Interview Questions

• Ages for buying Lottery ticket / alcohol / cigarettes / matches   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Peterlee, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McColl's (Peterlee, England) in July 2011.

Interview

very basic interview techniques. Whats your name , where have you previously worked. they explain what hrs you would be working. then they explain what the job actually entails. Asked if i was available to work any hours seven days a week. Did i have any Questions.

Interview Questions

• Any previous experience nd if i knew any of the staff.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.