McColl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

McColl's Interview Questions

Interviews at McColl's

1.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McColl's in August 2018.

Interview

I handed in an application form which was extremely easy to fill out. About a week later, I got a call asking me to come to an interview. I wouldn’t even call it an interview to be honest; I wasn’t asked a single question. I sat down with the manager in the office and he explained the job to me for about 40 minutes. I got a call a few days later to say I’d got the job! After that, I had to do a little maths test, then a 2 hour training assessment in which I watched a video and answered a booklet of questions on it.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McColl's (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I handed in a c.v with the Manager expressing my previous experience an was called in a week later for interview during that time I wanted to be a sales assistant but was pushed into a supervisor role I just needed a job so reluctantly accepted the role but the interview just seemed to be uncomfortable and forced there was no questions on experience or skills and praticallly no training luckily for me I knew what I was doing

Interview Questions

• How much do you want this job   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arbroath, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McColl's (Arbroath, Scotland) in February 2018.

Interview

it went okay but didn't feel the interview was long enough it was like 2 minutes in the office and got told i got the job. The interview was really boring and didn't get a lot of time to ask questions

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with McColl's   1 Answer
    • how would you feel about being left alone on the shop floor   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartlepool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McColl's (Hartlepool, England) in July 2017.

Interview

overall it was a very nice and had an unprofessional setting so you felt more relaxed, I was first told about the roll I had applied for and then asked me a set of questions. after that I was asked to do a very simple test involving maths, english and customer service questions. He also made me try to sell him a product from the store.
    at the end told me I was one of two people in his 'Yes' pile and then posted the job advert up again the next day.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McColl's (Bristol, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty relaxed and infromal I wasn't really asked many questions the manager seemed to hire based on how she liked you rather than determination, work ethic etc. she offered me the job straight away and that was about it and I started two days later

Interview Questions

• they didn't really ask me many questions other than where I had previously worked etc   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McColl's in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via indeed using indeed CV. I was interviewed at a local McColls shop around 10 days after applying. I was given very quick feedback and received an offer on the same day as the interview. Professional process. I wasn't asked many questions, it was more to ascertain if we were a good fit for each other.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addlestone, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McColl's (Addlestone, England) in February 2017.

Interview

In a shop office, very small uncomfortable and dirty. Area Manager very professional and put you at ease, asked a lot of open questions, why McColls and why retail. Asked about my family, my work life balance. Where do I see myself in 2 years time? Put me through a number of observation and numbers tests. Told me all about the company and how they are looking to progress in the future.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McColl's in January 2017.

Interview

Introduced each other a little bit, and than explained job description for more than 60 minutes , finally asked me if I have some questions about this job. The examiners are very nice and patience, and talked me a lot.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grimsby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McColl's (Grimsby, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Took them three weeks to invite me for an interview. I attended the interview and the woman interviewing me swore all the way through the interview and was describing what a dangerous place that McColls was to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is your availability.
      Something about how you would handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grove, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McColl's (Grove, South West England, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Was very casual - not actually asked any questions, just explained the hours, which turned out to be totally wrong and I was 'adjusted' accordingly to sales assistant later down the line when there were staff complications
    Was refreshing for it to be relaxed but this later reflected the actual running of the store

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.