McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Oct 2017
1,704 Interview Reviews

3.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Case Interview Method

Be well versed in basic geopolitics, maths, and be in engaging. Be willing to back up your numbers. Remember no one likes to feel stupid, most importantly an interviewer. I'd advise you to be prepared to be intimidated and tired, and even bored, and even asking WTF am I doing here? - things that consultants experience OTJ.
    mmmk

Interview Questions

• How many pigs do you need in China?   4 Answers
    • How many tea kettles do you need in Canada?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

assessment exam, entering a room and sitting at individual desks. Each desk contains a question paper with the word "candidate", followed by a number, from one to eight. The Invigilator, a representative of the company named DATAPREV, explains that the exam is 80 minutes and consists of only one question, but there are three rules. The candidates must not: talk to the Invigilator or the armed

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The hiring process is super friendly. McK assigns a consultant to help all APD candidates to go through the recruiting process. The first round was two 45-minute one-on-one interviews, each with a PEI and a case; the final round was three.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you resolved a conflict within your team.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I first had a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview, and finally a four-person interview on-site. I also had to take four tests. One interview had a mini-case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get someone to do something when there was initial resistance.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)).

Interview

Essentially the same process as everyone else has described here.

First a 15 minute screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then you get invited to a testing session that consists of: answering 3 typical emails that an assistant would receive, listening to 3 voicemails and writing down all the relevant information (time, place, names, companies mentioned), a short assessment on working with international time zones and sorting through a calendar, and then finally a wonderlic test, which is essentially a 15 minute SAT.

Then you are invited back to an interview with 3 different groups of people. Interview with one group of 2 for 15 minutes, then another group of 2 for 15 minutes, then the EA manager for 15 minutes. The office was modern and organized, and all of the employees were kind and upbeat. My final interview was on a Friday and I got a call back with an offer on Monday. Starting pay is $38,500.

Programs Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Complete waste of time; horrible first impression with the company. The recruiter -- who had contacted me -- missed two of our scheduled phone screens. It cost me several hours updating my portfolio, waiting on the phone line for no call, rescheduling, and ultimately removed me my day as a key resource within my current company. For McKinsey, this level of disorganization on the recruiting level is probably only an indicator of a lack of professionalism throughout.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round 2 interviews with junior employees, final round 3 interviews with partners or associate partners. Very structured and the firm is explicit in what they look for. Sometimes they make you do one additional interview if they are undecided, but doesn't happen often.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Nice interviewer, but the VC was very glitchy. overall it was a good process. would recommend preparing more for case interviews. Nice interviewer, but the VC was very glitchy. overall it was a good process. would recommend preparing more for case interviews.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process started with a local staffing agency for the initial phone call and prescreen. I was then put in touch with the local hiring manager at McKinsey for a telephone interview that went well. The next step was to go into the office to meet the manager and 6 other Executive Assistants for a round of interviews that lasted about an hour. After passing that round, I was then brought back in to complete an interview with the regional manager via video conference. The final step was to return for live testing to see how I answer emails, work with calendaring, travel, etc. Then you undergo a standard background check including a social media check. About a 2 week process which is super fast.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

There are 2 in person interviews -- first round is 2, 1-hour long talks with 30 minutes for PEI and 30 minutes for a case. The cases are very structured, following particular questions one at a time. The PEI is interesting because the McKinsey folks will ask you to elaborate on specific details of your story, asking things like "what were you thinking" and "what did they do".

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.