McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,535 Interview Reviews

3.7

Junior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied to the junior recruiter role for McKinsey in their Tampa office. Based on the Glassdoor reviews, I expected a great interview process. The initial interview with McKinsey went well. However, for the second round, they took a week to schedule and then gave me a 24 hour notice for a 2 hour long interview... I was employed and they were aware. I had to take time off with no notice and I was asked horrible questions that didn’t highlight my experience or ability to recruit. I wasn’t feeling well and I knew that I wasn’t performing at my best- I didn’t end up getting the role but I have no interest in working for them after their horrific interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a role model you have at your current job? (Then she kept following up for more detail)   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Interview

Whole process took about a month and went really smooth. First completed an online assessment with R and python questions. The second round interview was one case and one technical. Final round was one case, one technical and one data science case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

1st round consisted of two interviews, each with a case and personal experience component. Interviewers were friendly and the process is highly standardized so all candidates have a similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you influenced a team or a person.   1 Answer

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Remote, OR (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch with me to interview. Had a first round of HR interview. Then was passed on to do a technical interview. Got the impression that the interviewer was insecure and kept saying that he was the first ever Agile Coach hired by McKinsey. Did not get a great impression of the interviewer, he kept asking questions without waiting for answer. When the HR called back to give feedback she said I possessed all the technical skills and answered all the questions well but was not a good fit because I spoke about only 1 agile framework, which was UNTRUE. Avoid like plague. Looks like they dont want to hire worthy candidates that are a threat to the interviewer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Had an interview on campus followed by an on-site interview. Usually they'll ask you behaviourals before diving into the case study. You do this once with one interviewer, have a 5 min break, and do this again with another interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in March 2020.

Interview

First round was phone interview by recruiter, second was a case interview on the phone with mckinsey alumni and third interview was with 2 people of the department on video conf case and personal interview

Consultant Interview

Interview

first round is virtual with two associate/engagement manager, second round is fact to fact with partner or associate partner, both are behavioral and case combined, each round takes about two hours

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Met with 2 different consultants. Each had a PEI question and a case, fairly straightforward process. PEI lasted for about 10 minutes and the case was the remaining 30 minutes for both.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone using data.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied online at the end of December 2018.
    First round: Online test
    Second round: Spoke with the recruiter
    The third round: Spoke with the data scientist
    Fourth round: Spoke with Senior data scientist.

Never heard back after it.

Interview Questions

• How would you test if e-commerce is more profitable then the traditional one?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was passed on to a final round interview with three partners based on my prior experience with the firm. Each interview had a short intro, a personal experience interview session and then a case. Everything was super relaxed and almost informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you influenced a colleague or boss   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.