McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,676 of over 3,676.0 interviews

3.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

As an experienced hire, McKinsey kindly arranged for a ten interviews with associates, partners and a couple of senior partners/ directors. I didn’t know at the time but they arranged my schedule because they had a partners meeting on the same day and tried to accomodate my desire to join because I had job offers from other companies but wanted a chance to join the firm. All interviews were different but most conducted case method and problem solving interviews. Really enjoyed meeting all the talented members and was a bit worn out at the end. Very impressive individuals with very diverse experiences. Thought I did alright but wasn’t sure whether they would extend an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Q. I have a client who is a major leading global airline. They established a rewards program that initially worked well for loyalty but competitive airline programs eroded the value and effectiveness. What would advise my client to examine and consider doing.
    1 Answer
82 people found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

3 interviews with partners, each with an experience and a case portion. Experience portion dives into one of the PEI topics. In the cases, you're expected to not only be able to break down the problem but also draw second and third level insights.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England)

Interview

The first round comprised of two back to back one-on-one interviews with case and behavioural component, each were 45 minutes long and had time for q&a at the end. Did not reach second round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

It wasn't too challenging. I had a coding assignment on hackerrank, after which I had a zoom interview, where they asked me statistical questions and tested my knowledge of SQL and Machine Learning. After which I had a case interview with the partners.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Personal Experience then case interview looking at a real life business case. This is often from a case that the interviewer has worked on themselves. The topic can be wide ranging from any industry

Interview Questions
  • When have you worked on a project with people with differing opinions to yours?

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Two 1 hour interviews in the first round. Three 1 hour interviews in the second round. Interview had both personal experience section and a case. Second round was with more senior interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you've had to convince someone of something they didn't want to do
1 person found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

2 rounds of interviews each round is made of 2 interviews. Through zoom which was a lot less stressful, focus on accurate math, and smile! second round cases were a lot harder than the first

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Very structured approach to test the problem solving capabilities and leadership. Got help from coaches as well. Will highly recommend the candidate to seek for feedback. Very interesting case studies. Enjoyed the whole process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

1 jeu en ligne (Imbellus) 5 entretiens fit+étude de cas (Français et anglais) Offre reçue très rapidement après le dernier entretien Fit à préparer sérieusement Cas assez simple avec peut être des calculs un peu poussés mais rien de sorcier

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Overall, you'll have 2 rounds case interviews. first round will be 2 engagement managers; second round with 2 partners or associate partners. The case will be more ops (mfg, scm, etc.) focus compare to other track (generalist for example)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

two 45 min interviews in the morning. heard back an hour after second one inviting for two more (final round) in the afternoon. each had case and PEI. interviewers varied from EMs to Partners

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,676 Interviews