McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,662 Interview Reviews

3.7

Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty nice consultant and she is my alumni. Two case interviews and pretty long behavioral interview part. Two consultants are both nice and patient. They are really willing to help.

Consultant Interview

Interview

The first round interview consisted of two separate discussions with current employees, each of which asked one behavioral question and presented one case. The behavioral questions were based on the firm's four pillars.

Interview Questions

• One of the behavioral questions was about a conflict I encountered as a leader and how I worked to resolve it   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Starts with an assessment to see your fit for the job. Then it moves on to a phone interview where they ask situational questions such as “talk about a time when you faced a difficult decision”.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was caught off guard because I thought the online assessment would be leetcode type questions but instead it was more practical/job related questions involving basic javascript knowledge and SQL knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Basic javascript frontend to complete a website.   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL Request where they give you the exact kind of information you want.   Answer Question
    • HTTPS GET request which involves keeping track of page numbers.   Answer Question

Data Science Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Good interviewer, pleasant atmosphere. They asked a little about machine learning methods. Asked to solve a case about data science. Much emphasis was placed on data selection. I advise you to spend more time preparing to solve cases.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The first round of the interview is a video recording and ask you to demonstrate your ability for this position. After that, you will be asked to take an online assessment with Python, R, and Statistics.

Freshman Diversity Program Interview

Interview

Ok, but you need to prepare for cases and behavioral questions. They have pretty high expectations even though it is geared towards freshman. Just do case prep and prepare a few stories and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with someone.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got a quanthub pre assessment test that I had to complete. The test was quite hard and I am not sure what is their cut off to get a phone interview. I also don’t know if they offer the test to anyone.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Submitted an application, finally got contacted two months later, did a PEI and then a case study, followed by another interview. Interview process time consuming and somewhat difficult in my opinion

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

It was in Boston for the international offices. McKinsey & Company is a US-based management consulting firm, founded in 1926 by University of Chicago professor James O. McKinsey, that advises on strategic management to corporations, governments, and other organizations.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.