McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Dec 2017
1,787 Interview Reviews

3.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Case Interview Method

Be well versed in basic geopolitics, maths, and be in engaging. Be willing to back up your numbers. Remember no one likes to feel stupid, most importantly an interviewer. I'd advise you to be prepared to be intimidated and tired, and even bored, and even asking WTF am I doing here? - things that consultants experience OTJ.
    mmmk

Interview Questions

• How many pigs do you need in China?   4 Answers
    • How many tea kettles do you need in Canada?   3 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Online coding test from hackranker challenge test. The result will be posted in early Nov, which decided the possibility for rd 1. The interview for rd 1 will be in late Nov (but before Thanksgiving I guess).

Interview Questions

• Three coding problems, can choose whatever language I am comfortable with for each one. The first one is similar to sorting & searching question. I did it in R, but last four cases didn't pass because of the time complexity. The second and three are more like statistical modeling of predicting humidity (continuous response variable between 0 and 1) and predicting temperature (continuous non-negative response variable). My initial idea was to use autoregressive model but I had never learned it before. Screw on problem 2 but wrote something regarding what I thought as comment. The test duration was 120 minutes, and I submitted everything just before it ended.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

You are required to do an online coding test, which is held on Hackerrank. You have to finish the test with two hours. It's about sorting and searching, and predicting.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Received the OA after applied online, the total process is 2 hours and 3 questions. You can select any language you want and the OA is held in Hackerrank

Interview Questions

• Three problems, the first one is to find the number of elements in a typical range given a list; the second and third one is to do prediction given a time-series data   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Very formal, two rounds of three interviews, each interview with a business case and time for personal questions (need a lot of preparation for both parts, practice with friends and people who know the process)

Analyst Role In Dubai Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The final interview process was one super day consisting of two interviews, followed by cuts and a single final interview. The recruiting team was very helpful in providing assistance for case study prep and streamlining the process in general.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your leadership was challenged   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The online test (SHL) is really difficult. I was told by the person recruiting me that all the preparation I did for the case studies would more than prepare me well for the SHL but that was false; the SHL tests totally different capabilities and skills. And I'm pretty sure McKinsey automatically weeds out people who score less than 70-80% on the SHL and won't even offer them an interview.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

After a phone interview with HR, a numerical reasoning test, and a verbal reasoning test, I went if for an interview. I had two interviewers, the first was a team member and the second was the hiring manager. The team member asked me basic behavioral questions along with questions about my background in research, nothing out of the ordinary. The hiring manager administered the case study. The case was nothing beyond what the company has told you to prepare for and is on the website, I did not find it particularly difficult. The interview process and content itself was not the reason for my negative review, though. Before my first interview started, I had the overwhelming feeling that the interviewer did not like me for whatever reason. It was apparent in his tone with me, his body language, and the questions he asked me. I felt incredibly uncomfortable. I have been through multiple consulting research interviews with other companies and have never felt this way before, regardless of the outcome of the interview. Further, the feedback I received from HR solidified this feeling, the feedback made from this interviewer made no sense, he said doubted my knowledge about a particular subject, but asked no questions about this knowledge during the interview. The feedback from the other interviewer was well received and I completely understood it. Besides the fact that this left me with a bad taste in my mouth, I was appreciative that HR did call me personally to tell me the outcome of my interviews. Not many companies do that these days, it was a nice personal touch.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do calculations during the case study   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Really friendly and respectful process. On-campus first round and on-site final round. Typically behavioral+case interviews. Enjoyed talking with the interviewers a lot. Many opportunity to reach out the people in the firm.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The first are coding interview on HackerRank. 4 questions 120 minutes. 2 are data cleaning and regular expression. Two are about data base questions. You can choose any language you want. The next round interview will be on November

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.