Merck KGaA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merck KGaA Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck KGaA

2.8

R&D IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I saw an update & job opening at Merck and i sensed i can really fit into the exact position. And i reached few of the folks to add my candidature. Few good folks added my profile for the interview list... First interview is a technical round where i have detaily explained my experience and they also got to know how i can fit into the role...

I was selected for the second round where i was interviewed with international colleague and there also he asked few technical questions and my experience revelant.. I answered everything in positive way and he was also very happy during the interview... Even during interview he conveyed i need to travel to their site regions and establish the processes...

But after two days , I got an update from HR that i didnot fit their requirements...

One point what i just to make , if you don't want to bring outside your network means don't interview and don't post about the job opening publicly...

However you perform in interview , they are pre-judgemental and they already have referred someone who they want to select...even though you performed well and show your interest in the job,they will not select you...

Interview Questions

Merck KGaA Response

23 Jul 2020 – Global Head of Employer Branding and Social Media Recruitment

If you are comfortable to, could you send me an email to chris.dinwiddy@merckgroup.com and I can investigate further and arrange for you to receive some individualized feedback. Thanks Chris

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA.

Interview

The interview was a complete disaster. This company and their HR department is incredibly sloppy. I did not receive the Interview Agenda until the Day BEFORE the interview after constantly asking to get it. The interview itself was run incredibly sloppily. The interview was 4 hours and it could have been done in 2. The first set of employees were not only late but also forgot they had an interview that day so they were completely unprepared. The duration of the interview consisted of us just sitting there waiting for the time to end because the employees were done asking there questions so they would have to wait like 30 min before the next scheduled employees came in to interview me. NONE of them were organized. I just want to let everyone know that this company shows a complete disregard for a candidates time and willingly wastes their time. I find the company doesn’t maintain a level of respect for a candidate and expects the candidate to be happy with just sitting around for FOUR hours during an interview when it could have been done in half that time. I literally took off of work for the interview and I regret losing money because this interview was ran so messily.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had a difficult time with a co worker and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Burlington, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring process I have gone through. Went in for an in person interview and waited at least 5 weeks to hear back. A phone interview was set up with the hiring manager’s colleagues. After 2 weeks, I heard nothing and had to email the recruiter just to hear that the spot had been filled...poorly organized. Honestly glad I didn’t get the job after that experience

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Madison, WI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen, basically just described this position and asked a few questions about yourself. Also your estimated salaries. They asked if there is any questions for them also. why you think this job can help your career path.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you received a negative feedback.   1 Answer

Director Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

HR screen, VP phone interview, 2 phone interviews with other strategy directors - None of the interviewers bothers to close the loop or respond for any feedback - poor disorganized unprofessional process!

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions : tell me a situation when ...   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very tiring. They asked me to prepare a ppt on the spot and present it. Two rounds of Interview. First was 1:1 and second was presentation round. I was given around 40 mins to prepare ppt and the material was given by them.

Interview Questions

• Grads, why should we hire you, strengths and weakness, failures of life and how I dealt with them, why you want to join us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Follow up rigidly for the joining and offer letter

Sales Interview

Interview

typical interview and hiring process

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck KGaA (Rockland, MA (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a very positive experience both w/ HR managers and with the hiring managers. I had a phone interview with HR and then a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring managers on site. They primarily asked me why I wanted to work with them, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and my availability to travel since this position requires some travel. Overall the people I met with were very nice, down to earth and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you think that makes you suited for this position   1 Answer
    • Is there something that you regret?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and just asked about my school education and my experience in the lab and what kind of experiments I have been exposed to and conducted previously.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck KGaA.

Interview

I underwent an unorthodox route of five interviews over a six-month process. While I was generally kept in the loop throughout, it wasn't always clear what step would be my final round. I was also kept in the dark about my expected compensation, although this wasn't top priority for me since I considered salary negotiation as a final step post-offer. Overall, the people in charge of communications with me were lovely but perhaps weren't as transparent as they could have been...

Interview Questions

• past relevant experience with specifics required: for example, what was your most challenging project?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.