Modulr Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Modulr

3.1

Junior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modulr (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted to arrange an interview which I did. Before the interview I spent the whole day prior researching the company and preparing of course. I had emailed with a query but hadn't heard back. On the day at the arranged interview time I sat waiting for the call and it never came. I sent an email and received no reply. I called the number on the email and got no answer. After an hour, I contacted the careers team through the company website. A number of hours later I was informed by them that the person I had been in contact with was actually off work today and had just failed to inform me! Lovely. I waited for them to contact me to apologise and rearrange but this never happened.
    5 days later I finally received an email. This did not acknowledge the previous situation or in fact even reference it at all - in fact it was actually just a complete replica of the first email I had been sent to arrange an interview. Like nothing had happened and one hadn't already been arranged prior. However, I chose to give the benefit of the doubt and rebooked the interview. Thankfully, this time they called and this was just a quick 10-minute screening interview with only a few questions. Afterwards, I received an email to say they'd be progressing me to the next stage which was an interview with the customer success lead, who I would be reporting to in the role. I arranged this interview and they called as planned. It was clearly not prepared for as they only asked a few questions so we moved on to my questions which I had many of. They spoke with a lot of jargon when answering and used very technical terms so it wasn't particularly easy to follow or understand. The interview had been scheduled for 30 minutes and after exactly 30 minutes whilst I was mid question they completely cut me off and said actually I have to go I have another call now thanks bye. And hung up! There was no mention of the next stages or when they'd be in touch or even a moment for me to briefly ask those before they rudely cut the conversation off and didn't even offer to continue another time. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand having a busy schedule but I think it's quite poor to arrange another call directly after an interview as of course they normally take longer than expected when done properly, and it clearly proved where their priorities lay.
    I sent an email to the person I had spoken to initially to explain that the call had been cut short and therefore ask what the process was from here and when I could expect to hear from them and they said they was meeting with my interviewer the following day and so would be able to pass on feedback and next steps information then. That was 6 weeks ago and despite sending two more emails since then, I have not heard A THING from this company with a single shred of information since!

Absolutely horrendous company. No respect whatsoever for anyone interviewing for them, poor procedures and communication and complete disregard of candidates without even informing them of anything. I should have known from the first interaction when stood up for an interview with no explanation or apology!

There is a reason why so many of the reviews are awful - and that's because they are true.

Junior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modulr (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2020.

Interview

Highly unprofessional! Applied online, got an email asking me to book a slot for the pre-screening interview, emailed back with the date and time, never got the call, even after emailing again asking for what happened. Saw all the negative reviews, but I was ready to give the benefit of the doubt.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Modulr (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Initial phone call with internal recruiter to talk about my background and what I know about the company.
    Followed up with a lead PM who asked further questions about knowledge on Agile, Scrum etc.
    Was told at the time about the further steps of the process, but was then removed from the process with little explanation as to why.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Modulr (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

Friendly recruiter and interviewers. The process was made clear on the first call and went to agreed schedule.

Unfortunately I never got the job offer but was impressed with the people I met with

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modulr (London, England).

Interview

Not too difficult. But, when they told me I didn't get the job, they offered to give feedback. I responded to their email and never heard anything back ever since. Really bad.

Senior Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modulr (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Interviewed by HR on the phone. Followed by an interview with Head of Compliance on the phone. I was invited for a face to face with HOCompliance, CRO and Head of Legal. I struggled with the inconsistent messages from HR, at times my emails where never responded to which I noticed was a trend on glass door. HR lady was lovely once I spoke to her, but the delayed responses meant that I was prepared and waiting for the call for the second interview which never took place because my email hadn't been replied. I then had to delay other plans so that I could reschedule it.

I struggled with the limited feedback considering the effort I put in to prepare for a very intense 2 hour interview. I prepared a presentation, no feedback given for that. I emailed HR several times to which I got a generic response. I would have benefited from a detailed account of why I was unsuited to the role.

Interview Questions

• Part one: Head of Compliance and Head of Legal
      1. Talk me through your CV
      2. Why did you move to Pepper Money?
      3. How did you enjoy the difference in culture between Pepper and Santander?
      4. How do you deal with stressful environment?
      5. Why did you move away from law and why did you decide to focus on compliance?
      6. What do you do to stay abreast on new regulations/ how do you stay on top of the horizon scanning?
      7. Do you stay abreast outside work as well or like to keep it separate?
      8. What is in particular we would like to keep in mind about you that is unique that it sets you apart from the other applicants?
      9. Compliance is a priority but what opportunities can regulation bring forward for the business.
      10. Do you have a longer term view on where you want to take your career?   Answer Question
    • Part two: Head of Compliance and CRO
      1. Talk me through your CV
      2. Modulr is different size and scale - what are your thoughts on this?
      3. What do is your engagement on the conversations Modulr has to have with the regulator?
      4. Do you think SMCR will stretch to businesses such as Modulr? Do you think the regulator will stretch it across all firms?
      5. Are there other industry bodies that Modulr/ organisations of our size should be part of?   Answer Question
    • My questions;
      1. What are your key concerns/ challenges for the business from a regulatory perspective?
      2. What is Modulr's approach to culture?
      3. Do you have capacity to take on more regulatory scrutiny should that become more relevant?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Modulr (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview had 4 stages - online application, HR phone interview (~ 30min ), online coding challenge (2hours) and a final stage assessment centre (9AM-3PM). The whole process was very fast for a grad scheme- all stages took less than 2 months. Modulr stayed in touch throughout the whole process with fast responses and a genuine interest to support the candidates in their application. The assessment centre was incredibly relaxed and it was clear that this was done so that everyone is calm enough to do their best in the actual tasks. The day felt like a two-sided process too, where we getting to know them was just as important. It was my best experience with any grad-scheme application process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you stretched yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you improved something?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of something technical that you taught yourself recently.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Modulr (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

First part of the process was a technical challenge, this lasted 2 hours and you had to complete 12 multiple choice questions and 4 coding questions.
    The second part was a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes.
    The last stage was an assessment center at the Modulr offices in Edinburgh that lasted from 9am - 3pm, and included two 30 minute interviews (One cultural and one technical), a group task, an agile task, and included breakfast, lunch and tea breaks.
    The whole day was very relaxed and everyone took the time to make sure you felt welcomed. The staff made the effort to come talk to us while we were in between activities and get to know us/answer any questions that we had about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to improve on something?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Modulr (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online through posting my CV on their website for the role, and after a week was put in touch with a contact from a hiring agency employed by Modulr, who called me for a phone interview and then sent a technical test on Hackerrank. A couple days after this, I received a phone call to say I was accepted for the assessment centre in a few weeks.

The assessment centre took a full day and included interviews, a group assessment and a tour of the office. The interviews themselves were a bit repetitive and less technical based, and rather more experience-focused. Overall a bit long, but in-depth. In the same week, I was called to say that I received an offer.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Modulr (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

There was a number of stages to the interview process including a phone call, online assessment and an assessment centre. Overall the interview process was good. The team prepared me well for the assessment centre and were willing to answer my questions.
    The assessment centre was a good, fun experience.

Interview Questions

• You are part of a software development team and the day before you launch a new product you find a major bug. What do you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.