Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Apr 2018

2.8

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through a staffing agency. This company was very responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and responding within a few days concerning whether I interviewed with multiple people before the session ended. I received an offer or made it to the next round. Great company, and anyone applying should be really interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are the responsibilities of this position?
    3. Why apply for Operation Analyst? Why Morgan Stanley?
    4. Greatest weakness / strength?
    5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Agent contact me first and take the interview in new york city office. interviewed with two managers approximately 1 hour. no technical question, few behavior questions and general job introduction. people are very nice. since it is a contract position, the term can't be decided. should be 6 months or 1 year, really depends on. there is opportunity to transfer to full time employee, but it will depends on your performance.

Interview Questions

• need to be familiar with access and has good knowledge on excel; attention to detail   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with senior, hiring manager and VP in Baltimore. Interview questions mainly focused on resume. Hiring manager was very nice and made a detailed self introduction at the beginning of the interview which helped me to become less nervous during the interview and it went out well. The hiring manager required me to go back for another round of interviews right after our interview. The senior was a lady who just came back to the financial industry after being a full time housewife for 20 years. She kept talking about her personal working and life experience and asked easy questions about my internship and school academic work. The VP interview was a tough one and you can see VP was not interested in the interview from the beginning. The VP dug deeply into resume stated work.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Basic on campus interview and super day. Super day consisted of two job shadows, two 30 minute interviews and a group project.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when difficulties arose in a group project and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on-line through my schools job board and got called in for an interview a couple days later. I interviewed for two positions a few days a part and both interviews had several rounds with each round being someone higher up the ladder in that division.

Interview Questions

• The typical strengths and weaknesses questions but they wanted an example of when a weakness impacts the quality of my work and how I go about compensating for it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was an email response to my online resume submission via my university's career services, after which I scheduled a brief phone interview with a representative from the company. A few after days the phone interview I received another email inviting me to interview in person with the company the next week; this included two 1:1 interviews with mid-level managers at the company and a group activity with other applicants to demonstrate our ability to work with a team. The 1:1 interviews were 30 minutes long each, and mainly covered relevant previous experiences and provided more information about the Operations Analyst role at the company. Overall it was a less stressful interview process than I expected from such a large organization, and the office environment I observed was very professional, everyone at their desks engaged in their work or talking with coworkers about their work.

Interview Questions

• There were not many unexpected or technical questions in either interview, but the most difficult questions was "Why do you want to work Morgan Stanley?" because the only way to have a genuine answer to this question is to have done at least a little research about the company in preparation, and it is very open-ended, a chance to demonstrate to the interviewer that you are truly motivated to work towards becoming a valuable team member in the organization.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Thorough interview process with multiple rounds. This included multiple one-on-one interviews with employees within the firm and a group interview as well.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Very informal - meet with group directors for several positions. They will ask about background, education, etc.

Negotiation

None, they tell you a salary, they will not negotiate, simply move onto the next interested candidate. The pay is salary plus overtime any hours over 40, typical week minimum 50 hrs -55 hrs

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

1 phone interview and a super day

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I was first introduced to the Morgan Stanley hiring process through an information session at Towson University in Towson, MD. After the information session was a networking opportunity to meet the current Morgan Stanley employees. I was unaware during the moment, but I later found out that the way to get to the first round of interviews was by receiving an invitation from one of the employees from the networking- not everyone received an invitation to the interviews. The first and second round of interviews was about 4 days apart and covered the generic interview questions. A few days after my second round of interviews I was invited to the Morgan Stanley office in Baltimore for a final interview. And two weeks after the third interview I received a job offer in the mail, and then that was followed up with a congratulatory email from the human resources department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.